Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Baby is 28 months old, now he is gasping a lot, breaths too fast and not eating and not active, if we wake him up then he resists to have medicines or eating, he watches Tv but not active, doctor gave him nebulizer morning and afternoon, still he is breathing so fast and he is very tired to do anything.
My son is vomiting. Before 5-6 days he was passing stools. Dr. said its for cold. He is not taking food. What should I give him to eat.
I have 5 years old daughter. Every night she do bed wet 2-3 times. I tried some medicine but not any response Please guide me what I do?
Hi my 3 month old son is refusing to take feed from bottle. He has been taking both bottle n breast feed until now. He is crying a lot too. Pls advice.
Hi I have a 3 year old child, he is in play school. Before going early morning school he takes only a glass of milk and some biscuits or cakes in his tiffen box for break time, is it good for him. I am really confused about his healthy food schedule. Please suggest me, what kind of food I should give him during his schooling and after?
My son is 3 years old and weighs only 12 kg. He is otherwise active but doesn't want to study. At such a foundation whenever I sit with him to make him write or color he is always disinterested. I have tried offering gifts to him as well as bought new colorful books but everything fails. He is very observant and want to just listen to the mechanics of every technology and machine used. He has a great grasping power and wants to only. Listen to stories well everything except for studies. Everyone tells me to start tuition which do not want to at such a age. I worry if he will be able to cope up the pressure of studies.
Sir, my daughter is three years old and still her voice is not very clear, she cannot speak a sentence clearly. She's very active by nature. Please help i'm worried.
Had cesarean 5days back but do not have sufficient milk in my breast to feed my baby so please suggest some home remedies to get good milk in my breast for my baby.
My 8 years old son have some speech problem. For the past few month, while speaking he stammers. Initially it was less but now I'm feeling it increasing more. It can be cured or not. Give some suggestion for speedy recovery.
Dear Sir, my nephew (10 years old) entire body has become small pimple eye swelling, doctor described it chickengunia due to blood infection, how it spread or is it chickengunia symptoms, what precautions should be taken and which test, medicines you prescribed please guide me.
My son is suffering from cough and throat infections and due to that he's having pain in his left ear. What should I do in this condition?
We blessed with Baby girl on 27 Oct 2016 and her vaccination has started. Doctor given us two options one vaccination which will cause fever and pain to Baby and another which will not cause fever. We are confused?
Children generally tend to be fairly over active and have lesser attention spans. However, when this tends to get into their performance at school and in general with getting along with other children it may be a sign of ADD or attention deficit disorder. Let's look at some of the common symptoms of this disorder.
Symptoms of ADD:
- Problems in staying focused: One of the very basic symptom is that children will often be very inattentive even during classes and will be easily distracted by small things.
- Problems in trying to remember things or difficulty in following instructions: Children with attention deficit disorder tend to have issues with remembering things and if given tasks, being unable to complete as they can't remember instructions properly.
- Issues with organizing, planning and trying to finish tasks: Due to the lack of attention, kids have problems retaining information and cannot plan or finish tasks given to them on a daily basis.
- Easily bored or loses interest: Even if a child with ADD starts with something they like, interest may wane off quickly. Thus it is difficult to make them stick to a specific work schedule which may require regular practice.
- Lack of attention to details and making careless mistakes: This is another trait of children with attention deficit disorder. They may be able to complete a task, but it will be fraught with mistakes as they wouldn't have much attention to detail.
- Has a tendency to not listen when someone is speaking to them: This is also very common and is usually tied to being easily distracted and thus will drift off or not listen to when someone is speaking to them.
Some Myths about ADD:
- All kids with ADD are hyperactive
- They will eventually grow out of it
- Medication is the only option to treat ADD
- ADD is not really a disorder and kids need to be trained better
Most of these are half truths and the extent of the problems varies from child to child. Only proper counseling will be able to diagnose the extent of the problem and what needs to be done.
How to spot ADD in Children:
ADD can be spotted in children aged below 7 years via certain symptoms. Apart from the ones mentioned above, children generally tend be abrasive towards others and can make embarrassing comments quite often. They also change tasks very quickly without completing any of them. Any distraction would force them to change their track. It is best to go to a child specialist to get your child checked out for possible symptoms.