Lybrate.com has top trusted Pulmonologists from across India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vinay Sitaram DharmadhikariYour feedback matters!
I have been suffering from asthma for the past 12 years. I have been using inhaler. First I used asthalin den now its aerocort 225. The power is rising day by day can it b ever cured? I need your expert advise.
I am 52 years old male. Took treatment for koch's disease for 18 months in 1992-93. Right lung got fibrosis. Now diagnosed as copd. Continuous suffocation. No cough. On seroflo 250 inhaler, montair lc with deriphyllin retard 150. No relief. Seek appropriate remedy.
I have a sinus on my back where the gluteal clefts starts and its very painful. What it is and what I can do to get rid from it?
I have cough and cold problems about 30 days, I have always run water from my nose, please suggest me and solve my problem, and tell me how medicine use?
I am 75 years old male suffering from secondary metastatic lung lesions for the last two years. During this period had 12 doses of chemo followed by oral medication. All this medication has not shown any improvement and the disease is continuously progressing. Can honourable doctor suggest any alternative medicine and from where to get them. I stay in Bangalore. thanks and regards.
My brother is suffering from cough since 3 weeks and it really gets too much at sometimes what should I do?
I am suffering from headache, cough and cold l. I have also taken medicines but didnt got any relief. I am having fever since 3 days.
The human lungs are an intricate and a vital organ of the body. This organ is responsible for filtering the air you breathe, separating the oxygen and infusing it in the blood to be used by the body. The lungs have multiple tube-like structures within it, known as the bronchial tubes. The lining of these tubes may become inflamed due to a bacterial or viral infection and thus result in bronchitis. However, a significant percentage of bronchial inflammation or bronchitis is also caused by allergies. Inflammation causes swelling which not only results in breathing difficulties, but also causes other problems as well such as excess production of mucus, painful coughing and heaviness in the chest area, etc.
Homeopathic approach towards curing allergic bronchitis
Homeopathy is a form of medication which is symptom based and takes into account the general disposition of the person along with the apparent symptoms. Thus, prescribing medications also differs according to the differences in each patient. Some of the more well-known homeopathic medications usually prescribed are mentioned below. However, you should consult a homeopathic doctor first as they would be able to evaluate your condition best and then prescribe the correct medications accordingly.
- Arsenica Album: This medication is usually prescribed for people who have general weakness in the body that accompanies bronchitis. Some of the other indications wherein Arsenica Album may be prescribed may include restlessness and increased coughing after midnight and wheezing.
- Antimonium Tartaricum: This is another very effective medication when there is rattling in the chest. However, although you can feel a lot of mucus within, very little of it tends to come out. Antimonium Tartaricum is very effective in such cases. Another indication for this medication is the worsening of the coughing after eating.
- Pulsatilla: If you have a lot of mucosal discharge after coughing which is yellow to greenish in color, then Pulsatilla may be prescribed for you. Some of the other indications wherein Pulsatilla is usually prescribed are a lack of thirst and the cough worsening while lying down which may force you to sit up. Cough also tends to be loose in the morning and becomes drier in the evening.
- Bryonia: Another allrounder medication very effective in treating multiple disorders, Bryonia is very effective in treating Bronchitis as well. Some of the indications where this medication is prescribed would be – extreme thirst, dry cough, dryness of the mucosal membranes in general, pain in the head and chest while coughing and the cough starting when getting into a warmer room.
- Hepar Sulph: An overtly increased sensitivity to cold air or coldness, in general, is the prime indicator for this homeopathic medication. Any exposure to coldness immediately triggers a cough and the coughing tends to be worse in the morning. You may also rattle excessively from cold and wheezing may also be present.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Respected doctors, I have a problem that during the whole day 24 hours, liquid from my nose goes in to my throat, and it increase when I goes in a dusty environment Due to which I feel cough in my chest and also my throat get red. Some doctor suggested me that it is a kind of allergy and prescribed me nasivion, noscon nasal drop, which give me relax for some time. Whenever I am in class liuid from my nose come in my mouth due to which I get irritated. Please suggest me some good solution. Is there any nose operation for this disease. please help me.
Sir, two months old boy has breathing problems and he cannot take breast milk. Where to we take him?
Everyday morning when I get up I feel my chest is congested with rough cough and cold and as the day progresses. It gets better. Do I have sinus?
Hello Doctor, I am 29 yrs old Cough problem for me last 6 month, also checked ex-ray, blood test, cold test all of negative. I take some cold tablet (amoxicillin, montok lc, nasal spray.) but while taking these tablet days good result thereafter cough coming.
I am 36 year old men I am suffering from coughing since last one week after getting five day treatment from hospital there is no relief I am asthmatic and have take three year treatment of tuberculosis.
Hello Sir/Madam ,I am 51 years old Asthma patient. I use Asthalin inhaler three times a day continuously for past 30 years. Is it harmful to use Asthalin regularly? Will it be less effective for me at the time of acute asthma attacks due to continuous use of it?
On the eve of World Asthma Day the Indian Medical Association has on Monday noted that one should not ignore the first attack of asthma after the age of 40.
All wheezing is not asthma and all asthmatics do not wheeze
Only cough may be a sign of asthma
If you are able to speak a sentence during an asthma attack, you do not have severe asthma
If you get an asthma attack more than twice in the night in a month or more than twice during day time in a week, you need continuous treatment
All asthmatics should be questioned about symptoms triggered by common inhaled allergens, at home, school or work
Indoor allergens, such as dust mites, animal danders, molds, mice and cockroaches, are of particular importance
Food allergy rarely causes isolated asthma symptoms, although wheezing and cough can be symptoms of food-induced anaphylaxis
Aspirin and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs may trigger symptoms of asthma in about 3 to 5% adult asthmatic patients
Gastric reflux is common among patients with asthma
Well-controlled asthma means daytime symptoms no more than twice per week and night-time symptoms no more than twice per month