Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vimla MehtaYour feedback matters!
My wife was 6 w 2 days pregnant on 26th December, heartbeat of the foods was 109. Today that is on 10 Jan my wife got a brownish discharge so we went to hospital and did a scan, the foods Cardiac activity was not present and the age of foods showed 6w 5 days. So my question is if my wife got miscarriage, Then how come she didn't feel any change. And one more question is doctor said she will give a tablet to remove the foods, Is it safe to take tablet or should we opt for physical cleaning in op. Thanks.
Hi, my friend 26 years old (unmarried. She is suffering with heavy white discharge. Please give me the solution. Kindly reply soon.
The herpes simplex virus is a contagious virus that can be passed from person to person through direct contact. Children will often contract HSV-1 from early contact with an infected adult. They then carry the virus with them for the rest of their lives.
Infection with HSV-1 can happen from general interactions such as:
- Eating from the same utensils
- Sharing lip balm
The virus spreads more quickly when an infected person is experiencing an outbreak. Anywhere from 30 to 95 percent of adults are seropositive for HSV-1, though they may never experience an outbreak. It’s also possible to get genital herpes from HSV-1 if someone who performed oral sex had cold sores during that time.
HSV-2 is contracted through forms of sexual contact with a person who has HSV-2. It is estimated that around 20 percent of sexually active adults are infected with HSV-2. While HSV-2 infections are spread through contact with a herpes sore, it is assumed that most people get HSV-1 from an infected person who is asymptomatic, or does not have sores.
As she and her husband do regularly sex and his husband discharges in her vagina but still she not getting pregnant? Why?
I am 19 years old. And I don't get menstrual flow on time means monthly. What should I do to have on proper time? I have consulted 2-3 doctors but all in vain.
Hello doctor. As per my birth date I am approx 12 years. Now there are certain changes taking place in my body which I can manage. But my aunt asked me about my periods to which I didn't respond bcoz I do not know much about it. Can you explain me?
I am 23 years old. And I am pregnant and 8 months completed. Suffering from edema. What precautions I have to take in this state.
I am 25 Years female, My gynecologist prescribe me novelon Tablet For Regulate my periods. Now I want to be Pregnant. So when and how I will stop this tablet?
1) Is there any possible if I take laproscop treatment for my tubes closed 2) without laproscop is there any medicine to take. 3) After taking laproscop how my days I have to take rest. 4) After taking laparoscope is there any use to my 2nd pregnancy.
I sex with my husband in period 3rd day on 5th September it start itching till it is not stopped what can I do please help me is it a serious problem help me.
I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend after which she took an iPill. 5 days later she started bleeding, which I believe is withdrawal bleeding. Does that mean the pill was effective? Also is unprotected sex safe while she has withdrawal bleeding? Please help.
While urinating, I am feeling burning sensation in vagina. The burning stays for around 5 minutes after urinating. This has started after 2-3 days of my periods. There is no other issues like irritation or foul smell in my part. But only this burning thing is very painful. In past some days I have been traveling and using some different washrooms. During that time also I faced this problem. After that it was fine. Now again after my periods I facing this. Also I am using V-wash to clean my area. Can you please suggest me what all precautions I need to take.
Health benefits of neem:
Neem is a medicinal plant. It grows in tropical and semi-tropical regions. An evergreen magical tree each part of the tree, such as the leaves, fruits, flowers and bark have been used for centuries in pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, toiletries, agriculture, insect repellents and medicinal cures.
A revered tree in the indian tradition the neem is believed to be an embodiment of sitala, a folk goddess, seen suspended on a branch protecting against smallpox.
Neem leaves enhance biological functions by strengthening the immune system, boosting respiratory functions, improves digestive health and supports the liver by getting rid of the unwanted toxins in the blood.
1] Eye problems:
Powdered neem leaves mixed with water to a paste and applied on the eyes relieves eye problems.
2] Viral disease:
Neem leaves paste rubbed on the infected area is said to be very effective for treating warts, chicken pox and small pox.
Neem extracts, toxic to herpes virus accelerate healing.
Neem hampers the dna polymerase virus that causes hepatitis b.
3] De - Worming:
Neem acts as a de-worming agent and helps eliminate intestinal worms, restoring healthy functioning of the intestines.
4] Cardiac care:
The leaves are known to be an effective blood cleanser, drinking water infused with neem leaves control high blood sugar. With large doses of antihistamine compounds, neem leaves help dilate blood vessels impeding blood coagulation, decrease elevated heart rates, relax erratic heart beats thus plummeting high blood pressure levels.
5] Natural pesticide:
A natural pesticide dried neem leaves placed in cupboards prevent insects eating the clothes and protect rise from insects while stored in tins.
6] Mosquito repellent:
Neem leaves are dried and burnt to keep away mosquitoes.
7] Fungal disease:
Neem is effective against certain fungal disease that infect the human body. These include fungus that causes infections of the bronchi, lungs and mucous membranes.
8] Post - parturition disorder:
Neem juice administrated to a woman during labour helps normal contraction of the uterus preventing any slot of inflammation. Vagina douched with a lukewarm neem leaves concoction disinfects the passage and heals any lesions during childbirth.
9] Skin care:
The leaves moisture the skin keeping it soft and supple. They are effective for lightening scars and pigmentation caused by scabies and acne.
Neem bark leaves and seed oil contain polysaccharides and limonoids, which are beneficial for alleviating cancers and tumors without side effects.
Certain properties of neem leaf seed, or bark naturally cures arthritis reducing pain and swelling in joints.
My girlfriend give me a blowjob. She swallowed my cum. Will it leads to pregnancy? Pls give me clear answer. I am so confused,
Hello Dr. To know weather I hav egg production or no what scanning hav to be done? As I'm not able to conceive. So I jus wanted to know wt scanning to be done so dat I can go for a scan n see wts wrong.
My friend has done sex before 15 days and Her date of period is 8 but she is not with period till 11. Condom was used while sex. What can be the reasons? She is also having vomiting. She is 20 years old. Please help.
Diabetes is a very common lifestyle disease, which happens when your body is not able to produce the insulin hormone or does not know how to use it in the right way. In such a scenario the glucose remains in the blood, and causes your blood sugar level to shoot up. It is a common knowledge that diabetes is a home for other diseases. Therefore managing it or preventing it is of utmost importance and in order to the same, one has to focus on the overall health and fitness of your body.
But managing diabetes is a challenge that most patients face every day. This is because there are so many aspects to be kept in mind right from workout to food to stress and general health, all of which work together to help you maintain the right blood sugar levels.
Here goes a holistic approach to aid you manage diabetes:
- Keep a record of the food you consume: When you are learning to control the level of blood sugar in your body, it would be very helpful if you maintain a journal of what food items you are eating every day. This will make it easier for you to monitor your diet and even if you indulge in some delicious savory, you can easily bring about a balance by eating the right amount of healthy fruits & vegetables for the following days.
- Exercise daily: Make exercise a part of your daily routine and empower yourself to fight diabetes. Types of exercises you can follow are brisk walking, basic weight training to boost your strength, swimming and yoga. Yoga postures which are highly beneficial in managing diabetes are Pranayam (deep breathing exercises), vajrasana, chakrasana, etc. which either enhance the insulin secretion or glucose utilisation.
- Be careful about your feet: Diabetes can lead to neuropathy and in the worst case, it may cause injuries in feet that go in-noticed because low pain sensation. Therefore, proper foot care is critical. You should wash your feet regularly with cold water and pat dry with a clean, dry towel & do make it a point to inspect the feet in front of a mirror. If there is a nerve damage along with numbness, you may notice blisters, sores, bruising, swelling, calluses or skin breakage. Thus, you will have to be very careful while inspecting your feet every day.
- Get rid of extra belly fat to reduce insulin resistance: It is a vicious circle, as extra belly fat can eventually lead to insulin resistance and insulin resistance can eventually lead to weight gain, but in order to manage and control diabetes it is important that this chain must be broken. Therefore, daily exercise of minimum 20 - 30 mins is very much required. to help you get rid of belly fat and control diabetes.
- Control Blood Pressure & Cholesterol if high: Diabetes is a host of diseases and diabetic people will eventually suffer from high blood pressure and cholesterol problem. Diabetes is a major reason of artery damage, which in turn leads to high blood pressure. In order to, maintain a healthy heart and to prevent yourself against any cardiovascular diseases it is important that you keep you cholesterol and blood pressure in check.
- Get the right treatment for sleep apnea and sleepiness during the day: Sleep apnea refers to a condition that causes breathing interruptions numerous times in a day. It is triggered by faulty signals coming from your brain or due to blocking of the airway by soft tissues present in your throat. People affected with sleep apnea are more likely to have this disorder, which leads to insulin resistance and may also be called a roadblock for controlling diabetes.
- Brush and floss on a daily basis: When you are not able to control your diabetes level, it can lead to high level of glucose in the blood. Also, it can increase the level of glucose in the saliva, which in turn paves the way for a surge in tooth decay. Also, having diabetes makes it difficult for an infection to heal and thus, if you develop a gum disease, it may become very hard for you to get rid of it. So, if you make a habit of brushing and flossing regularly, you would be able to maintain good oral hygiene and save your teeth and gums from developing any disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.