Lybrate.com has top trusted Urologists from across India. You will find Urologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. VilasYour feedback matters!
Sir, my wife of 40 years old having pus cells in urine 5-6 and epithelial cells 14-15, kindly advice with remedy for the said problem.
I haven't getting the PEE properly since one week what should I do I didn't used any medicine. please help me.
4 months ago I let an earthworm to enter my cock, at that time I got scared, but by the time I did not got any problem, but in this past 1 month I have problem when I go to urine, so I went for a sonography but the report of sonography also came normal, but I still feels that there is earthworm inside the bad smell of earthworm still comes from my urine then smelling it, can you get solution of this?
Any medicine to completely cure Kidney failure. My wife is suffering from Kidney failure and is undergoing Dialysis.
I have a big problem. Every night I am doing urine in my pant automatically. What can I do to stop this?
My bp is 190/150 and sugar fasting is 100-120 and post meal is 150-170, I am taking glynase MF tablet twice daily, I am also having a stone 34 mm in my right kidney, which medicine should I take for my bp? And can the Stone in my kidney be removed without surgery?
Urinary tract infection (UTI) is usually caused by inflammation or bacteria in the urinary tract. Pregnant mothers are most susceptible to this infection, especially after the sixth week and before the twenty fourth week of pregnancy. This usually happens due to the alterations that take place in the urinary tract during pregnancy.
Also, a growing uterus can block the urine drainage from this part of the body, leading to the accumulation of bacteria which causes infection. The symptoms are uncomfortable and even painful. These include pain and burning sensation, frequent urination, fever and chills. So how can you prevent UTI during pregnancy? we have a few tips for you!
- Hydration: The best thing you can do to both prevent and treat a urinary tract infection is to start drinking at least six to eight glasses of water in a day. Another good way to prevent and treat UTIs is with the help of cranberry juice which has powerful antioxidants that flush toxins out of your system effectively. You will, however, need to ensure that the cranberry juice is fresh and natural, without any sweeteners.
- Hygiene: Keeping yourself clean is one of the most important ways in which you can avoid UTI. It is best to clean from front to back, rather than the other way, so that you drive away bacteria and dirt. Also, make sure that you wash your private parts with warm water infused with a few drops of normal liquid antibacterial, so that you can be sure that the bacteria do not get a chance to thrive and affect your system. Also, remember to use soaps, washes and creams that have a mild formula, rather than a harsh chemical concoction. Hygiene for this area of the body includes keeping it dry.
- Diet: Your diet should have plenty of fluids and lemons or other citrus food that are rich in vitamin c, as this is a good vitamin to keep bacteria at bay. Also, you should eliminate sweet and refined products to ensure that you do not contract UTI. Other foods to avoid include caffeine and alcohol.
- Clothing: Wear airy and cotton based undergarments that are breathable and have a soft texture. This non abrasive type clothing can also help in keeping the area dry, so that bacteria does not get a chance to develop, as they typically need a damp environment for growth. Change your undergarments twice a day, if need be, and avoid wearing trousers and shorts that are too tight.
These tips and many others including urinating as soon as the urge sets in, can help in fighting the risk of contracting UTI during pregnancy.
The inflammation of the kidneys as an effect of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) is known as Lupus Nephritis. Like lupus, this is an autoimmune disease. Inflammation of the kidneys hinders kidney functioning by not allowing the kidneys to regulate the optimum amount and types of fluids in the body and restricts the removal of waste through urine. It can also cause the protein to leak out of the kidneys. If not managed in time, this can eventually lead to kidney failure by scarring the kidney tissue. However, this is a rare occurrence.
On an average, 6 out of 10 lupus patients suffer from lupus nephritis. In most cases, this disease develops within the first five years of lupus symptoms making their appearance. The symptoms of this disease are mild and can vary from person to person. Very often, the first signs of lupus nephritis become visible only in lab tests as the symptoms are similar to those exhibited by other kidney diseases.
Some of the common symptoms of this condition are:
- Swelling of the feet, ankles and calves
- High blood pressure
- Weight gain
- Frothy, dark urine
There are five stages types of this disease and hence, the first step to treating this disease is to identify its type. For this, your doctor will begin with a thorough physical examination and understand your medical history. He or she will also ask for a few tests including urine tests, blood tests, an ultrasound and a kidney biopsy to confirm the diagnosis.
Lupus nephritis is usually treated with corticosteroids and immunosuppressive drugs. Medication may also be prescribed to lower blood pressure and prevent the clotting of blood. However, in some cases, this treatment may not be enough to stop the progression of the disease and some kidney function may be lost. If both kidneys fail, dialysis is the next medical step. This involves the use of a machine in place of the kidneys to filter and removes waste products from the body. This may be followed by the need for a kidney transplant.
Since lupus patients are at a high risk of lupus nephritis, here are a few conscious lifestyle changes that can help prevent this condition:
- Have a diet that is low in salt
- Avoid smoking and alcohol
- Exercise regularly
- Avoid non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs("pain killers") and unproven alternative medications that can affect the kidneys. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a nephrologist.
What is treatment of polyuria sugar level is normal symptoms start at a birthurin test report rbcs 00-0.2pus cell 0000 colour pale yellow paint name
My mother is 52 years age and she has polycystic kidney disease (pkd) is there a 100% cure treatment for this and is her body supports for kidney plantation?
I am 25 years old male, and I am married man, some time my sperm leak through urine please tell what is the remedy for it.
I am suffering from irregular periods with every month extension of a few days. Sometimes. There is a burning sensation in my vagina. And also sometimes my color of urine get blackish frm pale.
I am 22 years old. I have to urinate every 2 hrs sometimes more often in morning than that and have a irritation after urinating. Also face a condition of quick ejaculation and unable to have stiffness. Also feel a small lump in my throat. Pls tell me what is this and which specialist I have to meet. I've never taken alcohol but do drink coke more. Used to eat non veg more. I am 6 ft height and weight 83 kg.
My father 75 yrs old diagnosed prostate enlargement now he is using urine bag. Scan report shows grade III, PSA value 85. After 3 weeks medication antibiotic PSA value 75. Any possibility without surgery to recover. Any other medication can cure?
I took urine prega test with prega news after two days delay of my periods and it was negative. Now I 'll take one more test in a week to reconfirm it. I was menstruating on 29th august till 3rd Sept but light bleeding. My regular periods are of heavy bleed. Actual date of periods is 4th. So I am getting confused whether they were my periods or implantation bleed due to taking of unwanted 72 on 11th august after intercourse.
Many people are embarrassed to talk about their urine colour or urine problem with anybody, including their doctor. But, what people always forget is that strong smelling urine and the change in the colour of the urine is a serious issue. Your urine colour directly tells you about your health, especially your inner body. So, without being embarrassed you should consult a doctor, if and when, you find foul odour in your urine. Following are some of the reasons for the causes of strong smelling urine.
- You are dehydrated: Urine is not supposed to leave odour. It should be odourless, but if you find strong smell in your urine, you should consult a doctor immediately. The most common reason of foul odour in your urine is dehydration. If the amount of water needed in your body is not enough then, there will be less water in your body as a result the waste products will not be diluted in water being more concentrated making the urine darker and more odour. But once you start drinking water, it should go normal. Normally, this kind of situations occur in early morning when your water intake is less or not at all. But drinking lot of water will solve this issue immediately.
- More alcohol or caffeine intake: If you are habituated to drink a lot of coffee then it may happen that you find strong smell of coffee in your urine. Although it is not very problematic yet it is healthy if you reduce the intake of coffee in your daily life in order to have a healthy digestive system. Not just coffee but even alcohol could be the reason of irregular or need to urinate a lot more than usual.
- Bacterial Infection: There could be bacterial infection or kidney infection which could lead to strong smell of urine. In order to ensure you should go to a doctor and get important tests done. Then the doctor can suggest treatment according to your results and if all the results are normal then you could be suggested to maintain a balanced diet on regular basis.
- Imbalanced Diet: The problem can sometimes come from the use of certain vitamins from imbalances in your diet. There are substances like nitrates and phosphates in the urine which can give dark colour and odour. You should always have a proper diet and follow it in order to have a healthy digestive system. Eating lot of garlic and onion can also bring odour in your urine.
- Diabetes: If you are diabetic, it may be possible that you find dark urine and odour in your urine. It indicates that your sugar level is not normal and gone much high than normal. If you are not diabetic then it may be a sign of diabetes so you should get diagnosed immediately with your doctor.
There are multiple causes of strong smelling urine but most of them could be cured easily if diagnosed immediately. But in order to avoid this issue it is better to be careful with your diet and drink a lot of water. At least three litres of water a day is an absolute necessity!