Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. VikranthYour feedback matters!
I am 26 years old girl and have pain in my left knee since past 5-6 months. I went to the doctor who gave me painkillers and asked to get my uric acid tested, which was normal. What should I do now?
I fall down from the two wheeler three weeks back and my right hand ankle is paining. There is no swelling and no unbearable pain. But a slight pain is there and while lifting some thing like office files etc, i feel the pain and could not life the things so easy as earlier. Please give me some suggestion.
Sir I am 37 year old male. I have regular shoulder pain problem since last one month. What should I do?
I have chronic pain from neck to lower back. Have undergone mri and xrays but no such major problem was diagnosed. So I want a solution now so what should I do?
I am. Feeling very weak these days there is very much pain in my legs and my back shoulders and neck I m not even able to walk properly can anyone please help me out that what are these symptoms for.
I am 60 year old backpain and swelling full body. About 10 years old thyroid patient. Present thyroid tsh is 7.6.
Hi I have back pain. Feel pressure while walking right butt to down , may I know the possible reasons for that and can you suggest a better hospital in chennai to have a check up with reasonable price.
I am having a severe back pain from yesterday's morning when I woke up and it is paining till now. What to do?
Hi sir, I have been suffering from toothache, ear pain, neck pain and sore throat for 3 days. I have consulted dentist but he has prepared tablets augmed625, ultracet tab and uniques tablet. I have used but I cannot get rid of these pains, then what can I do.
My. Right shoulder gives pain while workouts in gym. Or other necesary works in home. I. Have x- ray. Report doest show any problem.
Hi dear sir, I am ranjith I am working in a private company. Nowadays I am suffering from back pain. Please help me soon as possible.
Im getting tremors in hands n legs. Sometimes in cheeks. Im taking alcohol since 10 yrs. I had body pains from last 6 yrs.
I am 75 years and have no slip disc butmild age related spine and get pain in left neck at night and get up with pain in neck area and back .but reduces after a walk and disappears on the back but mild pain in left neck continues.
Human bones are continuously being removed and formed, which is necessary for its proper maintenance. However, in certain cases, especially with aging, some bones and joints will be worn down to an extent where the body will not be able to reform them. This is especially true in the case of hips, which may become worn due to age or other problems within the body.
Hip replacement surgery:
When this happens, a hip replacement surgery can be performed to replace the original joints with a prosthesis or artificial hip, which is usually made out of metal or a specially formed composite material or even a combination of the two. Along with other parts, it replaces the natural hip with an artificial hip to restore mobility and other related functions.
Benefits of hip replacement surgery:
- Lessening hip pain: This is one of the major factors as well as symptoms of requiring hip replacement surgery. Due to the grinding down of the bones, even the slightest movement causes pain and after the surgery and the recovery period, the pain is lessened.
- Correction of bone deformity: When the bones grind down and are abnormally reformed, deformities may occur reducing mobility. Artificial hips will ensure that deformities are corrected and resulting problems are thus eliminated.
- Return to normal activities: This is possibly one of the primary advantages of this surgery, although it entails a long recovery period. However, most patients can get back to their normal activities and are able to resume a pain free life.
- Ability to have painless sleep: Many people who suffer from hip displacements or bone deformities are not able to sleep properly due to pain. After the surgery and the recovery period, they can return to normal functions and habits, thus are able to sleep properly.
- Leg strength increase: Many patients tend to have an increase in their leg strength as one side of the hip tends to become very weak due to bone problems before surgery. After surgery and recovery, the same side tends to have an increased strength due to the implant.
- In most cases a lifelong solution to hip problems: As the hip replacement prosthesis is made out of metal and if the operation is successful, it usually tends to last till the end of a person's life and this area usually doesn't tend to have problems again.
Related Tip: "5 Common Causes of Hip Pain in Women"