Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vikrant Patil
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Hair Fall
Management of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorder
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Pain
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Body Weakness
Increasing Height Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Leg Pain
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Small Penis Size
Treatment of Greying Hair
Submit a review for Dr. Vikrant PatilYour feedback matters!
Thyroid disorders are one of the leading lifestyle disorders. As per the survey 12% of Indian population is suffering from the thyroid disorders.
What are thyroid disorders :-
Thyroid is butterfly shaped gland located in the front of the neck below the Adam’s Apple. Which produces thyroid hormones which maintain body metabolism and these hormones are very important for normal development, maintaining normal sexual function sleep and thought pattern.
So any physiological or functional variation in normal thyroid gland can termed as thyroid disorders.
Amongs which Hypothyroid, Hyperthyroid Goitre are the Commorest one.
Normal Function of Thyroid Gland
Thyroid gland produces/ secretes two hormones T3 and T4 which control body metabolism these hormones regulate following functions
- Breathing - Body Temp
- Heart rate - cholesterol level
- CNS & PNS
- Body weight
- Muscle Strength
Hence any disturbance in these two hormones result into complaints related to multiple system.
The blood levels of T3 and T4 are maintained or monitored by TSH hormone secreted by pituitary gland. When T3 g T4 are low in the blood pituitary gland releases and vice versa.
Normal values of T3, T4, TSH
T3 80 – 200 ng/dl
T4 4 -5 -11 - 7 mcg/dl
TSH 03 – IU/ml
Also called underactive thyroid/low thyroid is a condition in which thyroid gland does not produces enough thyroid hormone and raised TSH hormone.
Hypothyroidism is more common is woman than male. A larger proportion have subclinical hypothyroidism.
- Iodine deficiency
- Hashimoto’s thyroiditis ( autoimmune condition ).
- Radio active iodine
- Injury to hypothalamus
- Lack of thyroid functioning
As per Ayurvedic
As per Ayurvedic diagnosis this can be explained on the basis of agni dysfunctioning.
Hypofunctioning of Jatharagni i.e mandagni in turn affects dhatvagni eventually brings out pathological sequence and ultimately the diseased condition develops according to acharya vagbhat this condition is kapha predominant due to margawraodh and predominanrtly rasa,meda, mamsa strotodushti can be seen whose symptoms are similar to that of hypothyroid condition .
In this condition panchakarma procedures like vaman i.e therapeutic emesis and nasya i.e nasal drops plays important role in improving gland functioning.
Ayurvedic medications helps to get rid of all symptoms and improve the status of jatharagni & eventually dhatvagni.
Yoga and ahar plays important role along with medication and panchakarma .
This condition occurs due to excessive production of thyroid hormone by thyroid gland and decreased level of TSH.
Hyperthyroid condition is rare as compared to hypothyroid.
- Autoimmunity – Graves disease
- Over consumption of supplemental hormone
- Anti arrhythmic drugs
- Excessive lodine consumption
As per Ayurveda
Though this condition is not explained directly in ayurvedic test it can be co-relate with agni dysfunctioning.
Hyperfunctioning ( i.e teekshnagni ) of jatharagni in trun affects dhatuagni even tually brings out pathological sequence & ultimately the diseased condition develops. Over/hyper functioning of agni give rise to increased metabolism resulting into symptoms which are commonly seen in hyperthyroidism.
- Internal Medicine
Goitre :- ( गलगंड )
A goitre is a swelling in the neck resulting from an enlargement of thyroid gland.
90% of goitre cases are caused by iodine deficiency A goitre can be associated with dysfunctioning of thyroid gland.
In Ayurveda this condition is explained as 'galaganda'.
Polycystic ovarian disease or PCOD is a disease of the ovary that is characterized by the larger size of the ovary, fluid-filled sacs in the ovary, multiple cysts etc. In this condition, the ovary is covered by a white, tough, and thick outer covering. PCOD can have many implications including hormonal imbalance, menstruation cycle related disorders, insulin production and its usage etc. Ayurveda explains PCOD as a Kapha disorder and aims at clearing the obstruction of Vatadosha of the pelvis, normalize the menstrual cycle and balance metabolism.
Ayurvedic approach in treating PCOD
Ayurveda looks at a holistic approach of treatment wherein the mind and the body are treated as one. The first step towards treating PCOS disorder is to reduce body weight along with lifestyle modification. The next step aims at countering the condition of PCOD with Panchakarma - a century-old treatment mechanism of Ayurveda. Some of the Panchakarma methods used in treating PCOD include Vamana, Vasthi, Virechana, Nasya etc. Before applying the Panchakarma therapy, oral administration of medicated oil is necessary.
The flow of Panchakarma therapy for PCOD
Administration of medicated oil: The oral medicated oil has fat burning capabilities. The medication is prepared using herbal decoction and suitable herbs. The oil clears the fat blockers created due to fat throughout the body.
- Vamana: Suitable herbal medication is prescribed to induce oral vomiting. It ensures that the toxin from inside the body comes out before the medication takes its effect on the source.
- Virechana: This is one of the cleansing methods that is prescribed in Panchakarma therapy. A patient is given herbal purgatives in the form of medicated oil to clear blockages of the Vata Dosha.
- Vasthi: This is the form of Panchakarma therapy that is meant for cleaning the alimentary canal. It has a calming effect on the Vata aggravation. This is the mode of medication where medicated herbal oil is injected through the anus. This procedure in Ayurveda is known as Anuvasana Vasthi. This is followed by another round of oil medication that has a mixture of herbal decoction, medicated oil, herbal paste, rock salt etc. This procedure is known as Nirooha Vasthi.
- Uthara Vasthi: This procedure is very different from normal Vasthi in terms of its administration, ingredients, and quantity. This medication is applied to the uterus through the vagina. This is one of the best therapy when it comes to treating the polycystic ovarian syndrome.
- Nasya: Once all the above medication is administered, Nasya is applied to both the nostrils. This is the last stage of Panchakarma medication and is extremely important to treat the underlying condition. This is given in a specific dosage for a certain duration. The fact that it directly involves the pituitary gland, makes this medication even more useful.
India is getting fatter & fatter day by day!
Obesity is a leading preventable cause of death worldwide with increasing rate in adults & children. Obesity is more common in women than men. Obesity is a major public health problem which is not only confined to developed countries but has now become an important health problem in developing countries. In India it has reached epidemic proportion with morbid obesity affecting 5 % of country’s population. India has the 2nd highest number of obese children in world. Obesity not only affect physical health of person but also affect mental and social health. Hence its important to look after your weight in time.
According to ayurveda obese person comes under ashtanindit purushas .
Obesity is a medical condition in which excess body fat has accumulated to the extent that it may have an adverse effect on health.
Acc to Ayurveda sthaulya is caused by meda dhatu vikruti.
मेदस्तु चीयते तस्मादशक्तः सर्वकर्मसु |
युक्तः क्षुत्स्वेददौर्गन्ध्येरल्पाप्राणोsल्पमैथुनः |
Acharyas have explained the hazards / bad effects of sthaulya on ones life and they are
- Ayushyabhas – Because of over production of meda dhatu other dhatus quality and quantitative production get hampered and the medo which is produced is also of not optimum quality hence
- Early jeriatrics
- Loss of libido
- Weakness/ fatigue
- Excessive sweating, hunger, thurst.
The basic cause of obesity is combination of excessive food intake, lack of physical activities.
- Weight gain - excessive sweating
- Breathless ness - tiredness
- Snoring - joint pain
- Low confindence - depression
B.M.I does not directly measure body fat but it is useful tool to assess the health risk associated with being obese. BMI is calculated using formula wt in kg/ height 2 (m).
Along with that other measurements such as waist size, abdominal girth, thigh girth, chest girth, are used.
Treatment and prevention :-
Changing your lifestyle plays important role in treating obese patient. For weight reduction wholestic approach including diet, exercise, medicines plays imp role. Losing weight and keeping it off is very challenging because lifestyle and behavioural changes are required. to maintain a healthy weight requires lifelong chances in eating and exercise habits.
Ayurvedic line of management helps to reduce weight as well as also helps to maintain healthy weight. It breaks down the body’s tendency to regain weight.
Ayurvedic line of treatment :-
- Exercise – Surya namaskar, asanas , brisk walking etc
- Internal medications – Sliming solution, Medohar guggulu, Medopachak Etc
- Panchakarma – Vaman, Virechan, Basti, Udvartan
प्रजागरं व्यवायं च व्यायामं चिन्तनानि च |
स्थौल्यामिच्छन्वरित्यक्तुं क्रमेणाभिप्रवर्धयेत ||
In case of medorogas its very important to keep control on exercise, diet and staying awake for late night and sex (intercourse). But it is necessary to follow these things in particular patter otherwise it can harm oneself.
Diabetes is a growing challange in India with estimated 8.7.1 population in the age group 20-70.
India is home to over 60 million adults with diabetes of which more than 30 million are undiagnosed or untreated, thus increasing risk of developing complications and premature mortality.
The diabetes burden in India results from various factors like genetic predeposition combined with lifestyle changes and associated with urbanization & globalization all together contribute to the rapid rise in India.
“ In Ayurveda acharyas have explained 20 types of prameha amongs which madhumeha can be correlate with D.M.”
Diabetes is due to either the pancreas not producing enough insulin or the cells of the body not responding properly to the insulin produced (Insulin Resistance)
There are three main types of diabetes mellitus.
- Type 1 : Juvenile Diabetes/ Insulin dependent diabetes meltitus : Pancreas’s failure to produce enough insulin.
- Type 2: Begins with insulin resistance, a condition in which cells fail to respond properly.
- Gestational Diabetes : Occur during pregnancy without previous history of diabetes develops high bloodsugar level.
According to Ayurveda 20 different types are explained - Kaphaj(10) Pittaj(7) Vataj(4)
१उदकमेह १ क्षारमेह १ मधुमेह
२ इक्षुमेह २ कालमेह २ हस्तीमेह
३ सान्द्रमेह ३ नीलमेह ३ वसामेह
४ सान्द्रप्रसादमेह ४ लोहितमेह ४ मधुमेह
५ शुक्लमेह ५ मंजीष्ठामेह
६ शुक्रमेह ६ हरीद्रामेह
Type 2 is the commonest type represented by following signs and symptoms-
- Always tired
- Frequent urination
- Sudden weight loss
- Wounds that won't heal
- Sexual problems
- Always hungry
- Blurry vision
- Numb or tingling hands or feet
- Always thirsty
- Vaginal infections
As we have know that diabetes is multisystem related disease condition it shows severe effect on neurosystem ,nephrosystem & retina if not treated or sugar level kept controlled.
In Ayurveda we treat diabetes as whole where along with maintaining blood sugar levels we treat the agni to improve the metabolism of pancreas and minimize the further complications and adverse effects of diabetes.
Ayurvedic treatment helps to reduce the insulin dose and prevent the late complications.
Treatment line includes :
Type 2 diabetes which accounts for 85-90% of all cases- can often be prevented or delayed by maintaining a normal body weight, engaging in physical activity and consuming a healthy diet.
Dietary changes known to be effective in helping to prevent diabetes include maintaining a diet rich in fiber / choosing good fats etc. In ancient ayurveda text Acharyas have mentioned to consumed pre-digested food.
Rheumatoid arthritis is chronic inflammatory disorder that can affect more than just your joints . In some people, the condition also can damage a wide variety of body system.
An autoimmune disorder, rheumatoid arthritis occurs when your immune system mistakenly attacks your own body tissues. Unlike the wear & tear damage of osteoarthritis, RA affects the lining of your joint causing a painful swelling that can eventually result in bone erosion and joint deformity.
As per the ayurveda this condition can be corelate with “ आमवात ”
अन्गमर्दोsरुचिस्तृष्णा आलस्यं गौरवं ज्वरः |
अपाकः शुनताsगंनामामवातस्य लक्षणं ||
40 % of people who have RA also experience involvement of many nonjoint structures like eye, skin, kidney, heart, lungs, salivary gland, nerve tissue, blood Vessels.
- Abdominal pain
- Heart (cardiac) problems, which may not have symptoms, or may result in shortness of breath and chest pain
- Joint pain, arthritis (mainly in the knees, elbows, ankles, and wrists)
- Joint swelling; redness or warmth
- Nosebleeds (epistaxis)
- Skin nodules
- Skin rash (erythema marginatum)
- Skin eruption on the trunk and upper part of the arms or legs
- Eruptions that look ring-shaped or snake-like
- Sydenham chorea (emotional instability, muscle weakness and quick, uncoordinated jerky movements that mainly affect the face, feet, and hands)
The goals of treatment are to minimize symptoms & to prevent bone deformity and to maintain day to day functioning.
While treating patients of RA treating their agni is prime factor because unless & until we control aam its very difficult to give cure to patient. Hence line of treatment as per ayurveda is :