Lybrate.com has top trusted Urologists from across India. You will find Urologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. VikramYour feedback matters!
I M 70YEARS OLD, OPERATED FOR CANCEROUS PROSTATE 2.5 YEARS AGO. RECENTLY 6 MOTH BACK HAD REPLACE BOTH MY KNEE JOINTS. I M INCREASING WEIGHT DAY BY DAY DUE TO CANCEROUS MEDICINES. ANY REMEDY? CAN I STOP TAKING TABBY & DERITRAN 7.5 DAILY DOSE?
Hard, crystalline deposits in the kidney which cause pain in the stomach are known as a kidney stones. The condition is common among people between the ages of 30 to 60. Made of various minerals and salts present in the urine, they stick conjunctly to form small pebbles which circulate in the kidney. Medically known as nephrolithiasis, kidney stones are also referred to as renal colic, in advanced stages, when they tend to cause severe pain.
Causes of Kidney Stones:
Kidney stones are essentially made of calcium, ammonia, uric acid and cysteine. Such superfluous products when present in the blood, occasionally form crystals that accumulate inside the kidneys. With time, those crystals form a hard pebble-like chunk which eventually lead to kidney stones.
Not drinking sufficient fluids is often attributed as a common cause for kidney stones. Yet oftentimes, certain medications that you may use also tend to increase the levels of unwanted substance in the urine. Once formed, the kidney stones pass through the urinary system (namely the bladder, kidneys and their tubules) where sometime they get stuck, consequently leading to the condition.
Some tiny stones go unsuspected and pass out painlessly during urination. But quite fairly, kidney stones obstruct a part of the urinary system which include:
Ureter: the tube which connects the kidney to the bladder
Urethra: the final tube from which the urine passes
Such obstructions can cause grievous pain in the groin and abdomen and at times, lead to UTI (urinary tract infection). Urinary tract infections affect the kidneys, tubes and the bladder and cause discomfort and pain.
Also, a grievous data estimates that around half the people who experience kidney stones are likelier to face them again within the subsequent 5 years.
Most kidney stones are miniscule and they smoothly pass through your urine. Yet some become large and require medications at home. Even larger stones require ultrasound or laser energy to be shattered. Keyhole surgery (a minimally invasive surgery that is carried out with the help of an incision, very small in size and with the help of special techniques and instruments such as fibre optics) may be also opted for as an alternative treatment.
I am 18 years old and I have a stone in my kidney. Sometimes it hurts alot. I want to get rid of it. What should I do?
He is CKD patient creatinine is 6.8aftr 14 dialysis. Pls suggest this patient requires continuous dialysis r any thing else.
Sir/mam I feel pain on left side of stomach after ultrasound I get a 7 mm calcus (pathri) in my left kidney and have swelling on kidney please suggest me the right treatment.
For me toilet place blood came with pain. For 2 days. Why it's coming. Anything it's serious. What solution for this. At same time my urine also going yellowish.
Having bedwetting problem used many medicine but no result passing urine while sleeping in day time also please tell me what to do?
Hi 1. I have 3 kidney stones in each kidney, taking urimax treatment. 2. Last two days, I have blood in my urine. Please advice.
Kidney stones are caused when certain minerals of your urine are retained and are not fully released, causing them to amalgamate and form a stone. Passing a kidney stone is one of the most painful experiences you may face physically. Its magnanimity is often compared to childbirth, and those who are suffering from kidney stones dread having this experience. If you are not yet affected by kidney stones and do not want to, read further to know what type of diet you need to follow in order to prevent it.
- Drink lots of water: On an average, a person must be drinking at least 3 liters of water every day. If you live in a more hot and humid climate, your water intake must be even more than that, so that on an average, 2.5 liters of urine is passed throughout the day, which decreases the chance of unnecessary retention of minerals from the urine and release them more easily from the body.
- Continue eating foods rich in calcium: It is a common misconception that calcium accelerates the formation of kidney stones. Calcium is digested by the intestine, only excess calcium cannot be digested by the intestine and is sent to the kidney. Continue consuming calcium rich foods unless your doctor prescribes you against it. Make sure your diet includes enough dairy products such as milk, cheeses, etc., or other calcium rich foods, such as oats and broccoli.
- Limit intake of oxalic acid: Oxalic acid is mostly found in foods obtained from plants. It restricts the absorption of calcium in the intestines and as a result, more calcium is passed into the kidneys; thus, forming calcium oxalate, or oxalate stones. Try to avoid foods, such as rhubarb, Swiss chard, nuts, tea, sweet potatoes, etc.;mainly leguminous plant products.
- Decrease the ingestion of sodium salts, sugar and meat protein: Salts and sugars, mainly found in packaged foods are used to prevent them from expiring. They increase the release of calcium and oxalates into the blood, which thus increases the chance to develop kidney stones. Meat contains fibers which affect certain nutrients in the kidney, thus aggravating the formation of stones.
- Increase the consumption of insoluble fibers: Insoluble fibers are those rough fibers which are not soluble in water during the process of digestion. They are found in rice, wheat, barley, etc., and are found to decrease calcium absorption in the kidney. They attach themselves to the calcium and oxalates, which enable them to be released as stool instead of urine.
Related Tip: "4 Types Of Kidney Stones and Their Common Symptoms"