Lybrate.com has top trusted Urologists from across India. You will find Urologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vikram
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. VikramYour feedback matters!
Bilateral hydronephrosis kidney both Blood biochemistry S.G.P.T - 62. 1UL BILIRUBIN TOTAL -0.72 BILIRUBIN direct- 0.30 BILIRUBIN indirect-0.42 Please suggest me best advice.
I have a tiny calcium deposit in right kidney although it has not been converted to stone. Neither do it has shown any complicacy. Is there any natural remedy to flush it out? One notion that drinking water and beer will dissolve and flush out the remnants. Please advice doctor.
I am 25 year old female. I am having problem in vaginal area, it's burning and also itching with frequent urine but when I went to washroom it only discharge a drop of urine and it come after every 15-30 minutes. The itching and pain is unbearable and this issue I am having from last 1 week please suggest.
I am suffering from stone problem. 5mm stone. How to remove without operation. Help me. It's too much pain.
I am 55 years old male. I had surgery last month for block in urine passage and prostate. Now Dr. Told you have bladder weal and it is 750 ml. Still I am not able to pass urine comfortable. Strain and will take 15 to 20 minutes for bladder empty. Suggest me for permanent remedy. Dr. Told you will take urivoid for life time. Advise me.
I don't have any idea about that at sleeping time my bed get wet last for 2 days doesn't matters night or in day but in very little quantity last for months I take lot of drinks pepsi etc rather than water.
sravanthi, 28F, underwent surgery on 31/07/2016 for 12mm kidney stone in left kidney, but recently developed URETERAL STRICTURE at left uterus, what could be the remedy sir, please help me,
Hello sir, Please advice sonography is enough to detect infections in bladder ,urethra, kidney and UTI.
When we talk about health, the kidneys are rarely spoken of. These unsung heroes are responsible for filtering waste out of our bodies and ensuring that only clean blood flows through our system. The kidneys are a pair of small, bean-shaped organs located at the back of the abdomen. Along with removing waste from the blood, the kidneys also balance electrolytes and control the fluid balance in the body. Thus, keeping the kidneys healthy is as important as keeping the heart and lungs healthy.
Kidney stones are the most common condition that can affect these organs. Other conditions that can affect the kidneys include inflammation of the kidneys, renal failure, nephrotic syndrome and cysts. Thankfully, keeping the kidneys healthy is easy. Here are a few things you can do to improve the health of your kidneys.
- Drink plenty of water: Keeping your body hydrated is crucial to kidney health. Ideally, a person should drink a minimum of 8-10 glasses of water a day. Water helps control the production of aldosterone- a hormone that regulates blood pressure- by the adrenal glands and helps the kidneys retain enough water and sodium to balance blood volume levels. If the kidneys do not get enough water, the adrenal glands are stressed into increasing blood pressure levels.
- Limit consumption of caffeine: We drink caffeine in many ways- sodas, coffee, tea etc. While caffeine may act as a stimulant and keep you focused on what you are doing in the short run, in the long run, it dehydrates the body. Dehydration can also lead to the formation of kidney stones. Hence reduce your caffeine intake and instead drink more water and fresh juices.
- Quit smoking: Smoking not only affects the lungs but also damages blood vessels thus decreasing blood flow to the kidneys thus preventing the optimal functioning of the kidneys. Smoking can also increase one’s risk of suffering from renal cancer.
- Get regular exercise: Exercise benefits all parts of your body including the kidneys. Regular exercise reduces blood pressure and helps keep the blood moving. This can help prevent kidney diseases and a number of other conditions. Ideally, aim for half an hours exercise a day at the least.
- Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables: Fruits like grapes, apples and blueberries and vegetables like spinach, beets, garlic and red bell peppers help improve kidney functioning. Women should also include oestrogen boosting foods like chickpeas, fennel, tomatoes, cherries and carrots in their diet to protect themselves against kidney damage and fibrosis. Foods that are low in gluten, sugar and soy also help reduce the risk of kidney inflammation.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Kidney Stones, also known as Renal Calculi is a condition usually brought about by inadequate hydration and consumption of food high in calcium, but in most cases it a hereditary condition. The most commonly opted treatment option is surgery to remove the stones.
If you do, surgical procedures are neither the answer, nor a plausible option for you. Besides being risky, surgery clearly isn't effective in bringing about an end to the condition on a permanent basis. Homeopathic remedies, on the other hand, are not only safe, but also are free of side effects.
Homeopathic treatments of kidney stones have also proved to have been effective in most cases.
What are the most common homeopathic alternatives to suppress kidney stone formation?
Some of the most reputed homeopathic drugs have the ability to dilute stones in the kidney and are also known for reducing the chronic pain that is often associated with them. It is also said to improve the chance of mitigating periodic bouts of kidney stone formations. These medicines are effective for various kinds of kidney and renal stones and have proved effective in the long run. Sustained practice of such Homeopathic remedies along with increased intake of fluids and adequate exercise go a long way to ensure cessation of kidney stone formation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.