Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vikram KaluskarYour feedback matters!
My wife is having all symptoms of pregnancy like sore breast, feeling to vomit, back pain, headache, nausea. 3rd June was her period date and she got her periods 4 days late i. E. On 7th June yesterday. Her periods were heavy and very painful. What can be the reasons? Can she be pregnant? Please help I am very tense.
I am 29 year old woman, last period come in 16 april, 2016 but in this is may month, I have no period and I checked by tester its positive. What I do?
Hello doctor. Mujhe period me back and stomach (naabhi k niche) pain hota hai. Bleeding me blood ka thakka sa bhi aata hai. Jab kabhi thakka jyada bada hota hai to pain badhne lagta hai after using washroom (urine k saath nikalne k baad) thoda relief hota hai? Kya karu is k liye?
Hi Doctor, I am 29 year old and currently having heavy bleeding like periods but my last date was 20 july, so please advise what to do now. I have a 5 month old baby.
M aur meri partner hum relationship me hai hum month me ek baar sex karte hai aur fir 72 hours k andar me usko ipill khilata hu ipill khane se uski pregnancy pe koi effect to nhi padega na mahine me ek bar ipill khane se usko koi problem to nhi hogi na please answer doctors.
I am 20 year old girl suffering from pcod for the past 2 year I have taken treatment but there is no effect either ayurvedic treatment is better result?
I am 22 years old and I have severe stomach pain and vomiting during menses, what should I have to do to get rid of it.
Hi Doctor, My friend and her girlfriend indulged in protected sex 2 weeks ago. My friend is 110% sure that, nothing was released inside. Her gf's periods also started normally, on the desired date. Its just that the flow is not as expected and little slow and also the pain which used to happen every time is less. His girlfriend recently got up from up from a heavy dancing routine and sickness. Doc prescribed her heavy dosage of antibiotics and other medicines and she also remained in work related tension few days back. Can you please tell the possible reason of this low period flow? Thanks.
I am married and when my wife and I have intercourse she gets burning feeling in her vagina. What could be the reason for that.
Fibroids are non-cancerous growth that develop in the uterus in varying sizes. Fibroids do not usually show symptoms, but if they are large they may cause severe pain in the abdomen, heavy menstrual bleeding, bloating, infertility or complications during pregnancy. Several factors may lead to the formation of fibroids, including hormones, family history, and pregnancy.
What is myomectomy?
Myomectomy is the surgical procedure which is used for removing fibroids from the uterus. It is a safe method that allows women to become pregnant in future. Gonadotropin-releasing hormone analogue therapy, performed before myomectomy helps in lowering the estrogen level and also controls anemia by stopping uterine bleeding. The different surgical methods for myomectomy include:
- Hysteroscopy, involving the insertion of a lighted viewing instrument into the uterus
- Laparoscopy, involving the insertion of a lighted viewing instrument and one or more incisions in the abdomen
- Laparotomy, involving a larger incision made in the abdomen
Why is the surgery performed?
Myomectomy treats fibroids while preserving the uterus. It is a viable option for those who have:
- Anemia which cannot be controlled with medicines
- Pain which cannot be tackled with medicines
- A fibroid that can cause infertility or increases the risk of miscarriages
How well does it work?
- Pregnancy: myomectomy is the only treatment for treating fibroids that improve your chances of having a baby. The method is effective for treating submucosal fibroid. A cesarean section is required for delivery after performing a myomectomy.
- Recurrence: recurrence of fibroids after myomectomy is really low. It is possible in rare cases, depending on what the original fibroid problem was. Large and numerous fibroids have a greater risk of recurrence.
I am 41 yes old from last few months I am not having my regular periods. For that I had eaten overal tablets & it became regular but as I stopped eating overall after one month again I stopped my periods. Now what to do?
I am too much frustrated with my vaginal smell. Can't stand it. after washing so repeatedly also, it is not going, tried all washes coming in market for it but no use. Also, I face pain in developing relation with my husband. Its been 2 years but still pain is there and there was no bleeding on our first intercourse?
Laparoscopy, also known as keyhole surgery, is a type of surgery, which involves the usage of small tubes, surgical instruments and video cameras for operations through small incisions or cuts in your body. Though different people experience the surgery differently due to difference in health conditions, there are some points everyone should know about a laparoscopic surgery.
1. The problems that laparoscopy addresses
Conditions like ectopic pregnancy, endometriosis and pelvic inflammatory disorders are generally treated using laparoscopic surgery. Moreover, laparoscopy is also used to remove the gallbladder, appendix, patches of endometriosis or detect adhesions, fibroids and cysts. Also a biopsy of the organs inside the abdomen can be done through laparoscopy.
2. The duration of your stay in hospital
Usually performed on an outpatient basis (release on the same day as the surgery), a laparoscopic surgery may require you to stay overnight at the hospital if your condition requires a complex or lengthy surgery. Moreover, if the doctor feels that a bowel resection or partial bowel resection needs to be performed, you may have to stay at the hospital for a few days.
3. The preparation required pre-surgery
If you are going to have a laparoscopic surgery soon, ensure that you inform your doctor if you are taking any blood-thinners like aspirin or if you are allergic to any medications like anaesthesia. Moreover, let the doctor know if you are pregnant or planning to conceive. After giving all this information to the doctor, strictly follow all the instructions he/she gives you. Also, make sure that someone is available to drop you home after the surgery as you might be too weak or in too much pain to go back home by yourself.
4. Pain management post surgery
Laparoscopy is generally followed by a sore feeling around the cuts as well as shoulder pain. If the pain is unbearable you can ask for medication from your doctor or consider common analgesics. Recovery time for a laparoscopic surgery is only a few days, and to get through this period easily seek the help of a friend or family member to manage your medications and lift your spirits.
5. Restrictions you need to follow during the first couple of weeks
For the first couple of weeks after the surgery, your doctor might ask you to abstain from driving, tub bathing, swimming and having sexual intercourse. Make sure that you follow these rules and get adequate amount of sleep to ensure speedy recovery.
This is my mother report x-ray chest pain view Findings: Lungs fields are clear. Both hila appear normal. Mediastinum is normal. Cardiac size is normal. Both domes of diaphragm are normal. CP angles are clear. Soft tissues and bony cage appear normal. Impression: NO SIGNIFICANT ABNORMALITY Can you please say me about the report.Please tell.
It is a type of surgery, which involves the usage of small tubes, surgical instruments and video cameras for operations through small incisions or cuts in your body.
Even though laparoscopy is a very popular form of surgery, there are quite a few myths associated with it, which are:
- Myth: If you've undergone multiple abdominal surgeries in the past, you can't opt for a laparoscopy: The truth is that you can go for a laparoscopy even if you've gone through multiple surgeries previously, irrespective of the location or size of the previous incisions. This is done through the use of a special instrument, called a microlaparscope that enables safe entry into the abdomen of the patient.
- Myth: If you're overweight or underweight, you can't undergo a laparoscopy: No matter if you're obese or too thin, you can still undergo a laparoscopy as the tools used for this surgical procedure are available in different lengths and sizes, and can be adjusted as per the body type of the patient before the incision is made.
- Myth: The images taken through a laparoscope are of poor quality: This is not true. In fact, the visuals obtained through a laparoscope are clearer and much more accurate when compared to those obtained via an open surgery. The visuals of a video laparoscopy provide a detailed magnification of even those parts of the area that are inaccessible by the human eye.
Though different people experience the surgery differently due to difference in health conditions, there are some points everyone should know about a laparoscopic surgery.
- The problems that laparoscopy addresses: Conditions like ectopic pregnancy, endometriosis and pelvic inflammatory disorders are generally treated using laparoscopic surgery. Moreover, laparoscopy is also used to remove the gallbladder, appendix, patches of endometriosis or detect adhesions, fibroids and cysts. Also a biopsy of the organs inside the abdomen can be done through laparoscopy.
- The duration of your stay in hospital: Usually performed on an outpatient basis (release on the same day as the surgery), a laparoscopic surgery may require you to stay overnight at the hospital if your condition requires a complex or lengthy surgery. Moreover, if the doctor feels that a bowel resection or partial bowel resection needs to be performed, you may have to stay at the hospital for a few days. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
खाने के स्वाद से लेकर जानलेवा बिमारियों तक सब ठीक करती है हल्दी*
हल्दी औषधीय गुणों का भंडार है तभी तो रसोईघर के साथ ही आयुर्वेद में भी इसका खूब इस्तेमाल किया जाता है।हल्दी न सिर्फ खाने का स्वाद बढ़ाती है बल्कि यह आपको कई तरह बीमारियों से भी दूर रखने में मदद करती है। हल्दी जहां एक ओर खाने का स्वाद और रंग बढ़ा देती है, वहीं इसका उपयोग सौंदर्य वृद्धि और त्वचा की समस्याओं को दूर करने में भी किया जाता है। इसके अलावा हल्दी शरीर को स्वस्थ रखने में भी बहुत सहायक है। निरोग रहने के लिए हल्दी के कुछ बेमिसाल उपाय यहां हैं:-
* पाचन बनाए दुरुस्त
कई रिसर्च के मुताबिक हल्दी रोजाना खाने से पित्त ज्यादा बनता है. इससे खाना आराम से हजम होता है।
* डायबिटीज रखे कंट्रोल
बायोकेमिस्ट्री और बायोफिजिकल रिसर्च की स्टडी के अनुसार हल्दी के नियमित सेवन से ग्लूकोज का लेवल कम और टाइप 2 डायबिटीज का खतरा टल सकता है।
* कैंसर से बचाव
हल्दी एक ताकतवर एंटीऑक्सीडेंट है जो कैंसर पैदा करने वाली कोशिकाओं से लड़ता है।
* खून रखे साफ
हल्दी वाला पानी पीने से खून नहीं जमता और यह खून साफ करने में भी मददगार है।
* दिमाग बनाए स्वस्थ
अगर आप सुबह उठकर गरम पानी में हल्दी मिलाकर पीते हैं तो यह दिमाग के लिए बहुत अच्छा रहता है।
* शरीर की सूजन करे कम
हल्दी में मौजूद करक्यूमिन की वजह से यह जोड़ों के दर्द और सूजन को दूर करने में दवाइयों से भी ज्यादा अच्छा काम करता है।
* बढ़ती उम्र थाम ले
हल्दी का पानी नियमित रूप से पीने से फ्री रैडिकल्स से लड़ने में सहायता मिलती है जिससे शरीर पर उम्र का असर धीरे-धीरे पड़ता है।
* शरीर को डिटॉक्स करने में मददगार
बॉडी को डिटॉक्स करने के लिए गर्म पानी में नींबू, हल्दी पाउडर और शहद मिलाकर पिएं यह ड्रिंक शरीर के विषैले पदार्थ बाहर निकालने में बहुत मददगार है।
* करक्यूमिन रसायन करता है दवा का काम
हल्दी में करक्यूमिन नामक रसायन पाया जाता है जो दवा के रूप में काम करता है और यह शरीर की सूजन कम करने में सहायक होता है।