Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VikramYour feedback matters!
I can feel one small ball or flesh-like small swelling inside my wife's left breast, she is 26 yrs. Old. We have 1 yr. 3 months baby boy, who is not ready to withdraw feeding, all reports are normal too, what should be done in this case? Though there is no pain or itching effect. Local doctor said, no issue.
Nothing can be more gratifying than welcoming your bundle of joy into this world. Care needs to be taken during pregnancy to ensure that the developing foetus is healthy. Many pregnant women suffer from Thyroid problems. Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) is an important hormone produced by the Pituitary gland. TSH regulates the production and action of the Thyroid Hormones (T3 and T4). Estrogen and Human Chorionic Gonadotropin also affects the production of the thyroid hormones. Abnormal level of thyroid hormones in the body can result in Hyperthyroidism (increased production of thyroid hormones) or Hypothyroidism (decreased production of thyroid hormones by the thyroid gland). These conditions, if left untreated, can prove to be fatal for the mother and the baby.
Hyperthyroidism is greatly affected by an autoimmune disease, the Graves disease. The Thyroid Stimulating Immunoglobulin (TSI), produced during Graves disease, interferes with the production of the thyroid hormones. The TSI mimics the TSH to a great extent. This triggers the thyroid gland to produce the thyroid hormones in excess. A woman with hyperthyroidism may complain of increased heart rate, fatigue and increased blood pressure. There may be heat intolerance, tremor, sudden weight loss and Hyperemesis Gravidarum.
Untreated Hyperthyroidism can result in heart ailments, premature child birth, foetal Tachycardia, Preeclampsia (a pregnancy complication characterised by an abnormal rise in blood pressure) and miscarriage. In case of foetal and neonatal Hyperthyroidism, there is low birth weight, heart ailments, irritability and poor brain development.
Blood tests, whereby the levels of T3, T4, TSH and TSI are examined, can help in the diagnosis of Hyperthyroidism. Women with Graves disease should be extra careful. Antithyroid drugs can provide great relief. Most antithyroid drugs successfully cross the placenta and effectively regulate the production of the foetal thyroid hormone. Propylthiouracil (PTU) and Methimazole are effective anti-thyroid drugs.
Most doctors recommend Methimazole during the first trimester and PTU during the last two trimesters.
In case of Hypothyroidism, Hashimoto disease is the main wrecker in chief. This autoimmune disease results in considerable decrease in the production of thyroid hormones. Hypothyroidism can also be aggravated by Thyroidectomy (surgical removal of thyroid gland). Like hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism during pregnancy can result in serious health complications. There may be stillbirths, congestive heart failure, miscarriage, anaemia, poor brain development of the newborn and Preeclampsia. Symptoms like cold intolerance, muscle cramps, concentration problems, fatigue or constipation should not be taken lightly.
Blood tests (T4 and TSH) go a long way to detect Hypothyroidism. A synthetic Thyroid hormone, Thyroxine, is effectively used to treat hypothyroidism. Including iodine supplements in your diet prove to be helpful in hyperthyroidism treatment.
Thyroid problems, though serious, can be successfully treated. A little alertness during pregnancy can shield both the mother and the newborn from the harmful consequences.
I am 6 week pregnant women I have query regarding thyroid when I test TSH on dated 13th sep the result will shows 3.98. As per my gynecologist it is normal but when I go for second opinion then 2nd gynecologist said it is slightly high and you have to take medicine. Now today (dt 18 sep) I again test my TSH and result is different from last result (Today result = 3.237).I am worried about my baby and confused what to do. Please help me out. # I had never suffer from any thyroid before pregnancy.
My wife is third month of pregnancy but she was having problem of not getting toilet regularly now also facing same problem because of that she is heavy stomach pain.
Am 25years old, married5month before. From first night husband complaint to me very loose vagina. What I do? Help me.
Liposuction is very popular as a relatively quick and safe cosmetic surgery to get rid of excess fat. At one time, the procedure was even touted as a better alternative to healthy diet and exercise. Regardless of such myths, liposuction is an important development in cosmetic surgery. Indeed in certain cases (of extreme weight gain) liposuction is the first surgical procedure performed on the patient. Like all surgeries, liposuction has a few do's and don'ts, and they are:
- Keep your weight at a healthy level before surgery. The more the amount of fat is removed from your body, the greater is the risk involved in surgery, which is why controlling your weight pre surgery is important. Losing a large amount of weight leaves a lot of loose skin in your body, which can make your skin look saggy.
- Wear your compression garments. Compression garments help your skin compress over the area where the fat used to be, leaving smooth, tight skin.
- Continue exercising (with the go ahead of your doctor) after the procedure and follow a healthy diet to maintain your body.
- Maintain gentle activity for two weeks after the procedure. This will help in removing fluid deposition in the surgical area and prevent complications.
- Do not take anti inflammatory medicines like aspirin or ibuprofen as these medicines may cause bleeding complications. They also harm the body's immune system, which is detrimental to recovery.
- Do not smoke or drink while recovering as Nicotine disturbs normal skin growth, which may lead to permanent scars, while alcohol interferes with the effect of some medicines.
- Don't lift heavy objects or bend down immediately after the surgery. Your doctor will give you a more specific timeline as to when you can pursue such activities.
- Don't expect results from day one. You will see results after you have recovered from the surgery.
- Do not opt for liposuction specifically for weight loss. Liposuction is chiefly a procedure for shaping and contouring the fat in your body to give you that shape you always desired.
Related Tip: "Liposuction: When Will You Be Ready?"
I am suffering from light periods. It only finishes on third day. M basically unmarried 32 year kindly suggest.
I'm spotting from 10 days my mood is little abnormal my period was scheduled on july 7. But started spotting from July 1by partner did not insert his penis I am worried if I am pregnant.
I am 26 years old female suffering from low ferritin since last year after I had typhoid. I took dexorange for 1 and half month but my ferritin level did not increase. I have my periods regularly. My ferritin is 10.7, haemoglobin is 10 and RDW-CV is 16.7%. These are according to my haemogram test. please suggest some medicine for my decreased iron levels.
I have excessive bleeding in my mensuration and feel weakness alot kindly suggest some thing to get rid of weakness and pain.
If mammogram isn't possible, it the Prolactin Serum body test good enough to detect any breast cancer? Also, pls tell me that if someone is having only milkish-waterish nipple stimulation, how much chances are of it being a breast cancer. N what stage it can be?
Doctor I have problem in my monthly cycle. It's very irregular nd m Fed up of this please suggest me Wat to do.
The first 12 weeks of your pregnancy is a super important period when your pregnancy gets established and stabilized. There are so many little exciting and not so exciting changes happening in your body that it'll simply leave you amazed. If this is your first pregnancy and you are wondering what to expect, here is a quick view:
1. The big discovery: This is one of the most trying times in a woman's life when her mind is swinging, wondering if those periods just decided to postpone themselves or if there is an exciting reason behind the miss. This period is often spent wondering when exactly is the right time to do your first pregnancy test. The opinion on this varies a lot. Some women have been able to detect their pregnancy even before they missed their period. Others have got a false negative one week after missing their periods. The safest bet is to wait for around 8 days after your missed period and do a blood HCG test which gives a sure shot confirmation. And that moment when you find out and share with your spouse is something you'll treasure for life. There really is no feeling in the world that can match knowing that a small little life is taking shape inside you.
2. The good and not so good changes: Though the kicking doesn't begin until later and the belly doesn't show, there are enough changes in your body to wonder what the little one is up to.
a. Morning sickness: One of the unfriendly side effects of pregnancy generally kicks in early during the first trimester. Unfortunately, it doesn't just last in the morning but mostly throughout the day. Some smells also trigger the feeling of nausea. Having small meals and keeping a good scent handy may help.
b. Mood swings: You can go from the heights of euphoria to the depths of depression with the speed of a roller coaster. The spouse is often the one bearing the brunt of this side effect leaving them confused. It is best to keep them in the loop so that they can take it to their stride and comfort you when you need it the most.
c. Weight loss / gain: Though it is too early to pile on the pounds, your first trimester will see you gain a few pounds. In other cases, appetite loss and nausea may actually result in some weight loss. Keep your daily calorie intake in check during this period and concentrate on eating nutritious food with extra pregnancy sustaining supplements.
3. Your baby's growth: In your first trimester, your baby goes from a single cell to a peach sized bundle that sprouts arms, legs, hands, feet, fingers and toes. And that first heartbeat - you are bound to skip a heartbeat when you hear that. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I have 2 sons my second son is 10 months old both my sons r born by operation my question is after delivery then after how many months I can start doing exercise can I use the sliming belt too.
I got my baby delivered 9 month back but since then I lost my energy and stamina in me. Get exhausted very. Please provide me solution to my problem.
I am 23 years recently married I got pregnancy, me and my husband not interested in it, how can I abort it.
- Do not ignore symptoms like easy fatiguability/ tiredness, dizziness, burning sensation of the feet.
- Get your blood sugar levels done if this is the case.
- Diabetes prevalence is increasing rapidly. Early diagnosis can help prevent complications.
Add pistachios or roasted channa to your diet. Make them your evening munchies, as they help you lower risk of heart disease and help you gain weight.