Lybrate.com has top trusted Audiologists from across India. You will find Audiologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Vikas SaileshYour feedback matters!
It can cause irreversible hearing loss.
Doc, you said ear had 3 parts, how will I know if my ears is affected by 1, 2 or 3? I'using hearing aid now but the sound is not good and I cannot identify the voice, I been with my audiologist many times to fine tune my hearing aids but still the same. What should I do?
Your hearing is one of the most important function your body carries out and sometimes you realize that you are losing your sense of hearing, when it is too late to get it back. There are two main reasons for this. One of the reason is age and the other is when the inner ear's hair cells break down and do not pick up sound well.
Here are 7 ways to safeguard your hearing:
- Try to avoid loud places: It is not advisable to go to places where you have to shout to be heard, such as in a street, a concert or a construction site.
- Buy low noise rating equipment: The equipments in your house will make sound that you hear the most. Try to avoid these equipments by buying appliances with a low noise rating.
- Wear hearing protection at loud places: However, it is true that it is not always possible to avoid loud noises. This is when you need to get hearing protection. Earplugs and earmuffs are two of the best ways to make sure that even when you are in a loud place, your hearing does not get affected. Earplugs and earmuffs generally reduce sound by 15 to 30 decibels, which may be crucial to make sure that later in your life, you do not lose your hearing.
- Avoid smoke: Smoking raises your chance of hearing loss. Second hand smoke does the same thing. Therefore, try to avoid, both smoking and secondhand smoking.
- Remove earwax properly: Earwax cannot be removed properly using a cotton swab. Instead, you should use an irrigation kit. Remember this as otherwise; the earwax could muffle your hearing.
- Avoid medications which reduce hearing: Certain medications increase hearing loss. Therefore, double check with your doctor to make sure your medicines will not make you lose your hearing.
- Get your hearing tested: Finally, get your hearing tested as identifying the problem early on can help stop worsen the situation.
I am 23 years old. I met ENT doctor for my ear which had puss draining from it for every 2 days and he said there is a hole in the ear drum and he said surgery is the only option to cure it. He gave me ear drops, using this made all the liquid drain out from my ear. My doubt is am able to hear properly and I also read that for eardrum rupture surgery is the last option. Should I go for surgery or any other remedy is available?
My father needs hearing aid because he was diagnosed with 50% loss on both the ears by doctor. Anybody recommend best hearing aid companies to buy for? I want an affordable and best option. Thanks.
My daughter is having hearing difficulties she had high fever at birth. Antibiotics treatment were given for 3 weeks. Is this hearing loss result of taking long time medication. What now can be done. Advice requested. Thanks.
I am having problem while waking up in the mrng I dnt evn hear my almars at tht tym wat should I do now?
Dear Sir, I wanted to ask that In order to get the hearing impairment device for old people , Should I consult doctor or directly I can purchase it from store ? Please guide me as my grand pa finds difficulty in hearing because of his old age 83. Thanks,
I am suffering from sloppy hearing loss, doctors advised me to use hearing aid, can it be cure without hearing aid?
I m suffering from hear burn problem form long 1 year almost. Means I m having gastric problem with heart burn. I am taking regular medicine like 1. Cap. rabemac DSR 2. Amlycure-DS Syrup n Kuthjarishta syrup from Vaidhnath. On taking these medicines on regular basis I don't have problems. But on leaving medicine for just one day starts creating problems. Kindly suggest what need to be done to cure this?
Sitr, I can not hear perfectly in class room from about 5 ft distance. So how can I recover from it.
Sir I have cold from 4 days now some better but I have a problem in my right ear. In ear some geeeeee. Sound is produced continuously due to that I can not hearing talks clearly. May I know the reason why the sound is produced in my ear. What's medicine can I take to recovery. please advice to me. Thank you sir.
I don,t listen from my right side ear for last one year. I have been consultant a local doctor in my town. He advised me to use some medicine. I have used medicine as per advised of doctor but no result still now. Would you advise me? my age 57 years.
My mother has difficulty in hearing. I want to buy her an hearing aid. But she also has a heart condition and has an implanted device in heart. Is it safe to go for hearing aid?
Doctor I am losing my hearing ability day by day. I had applied for army. I am fearing of rejection in medical examination. I am losing my hearing ability from the age of 15. Doctor please help me. I will be grateful to you. Doctor I have consulted many others by in vain. Now I am here. So please help.
Some people are born with a hearing loss, is there any treatment for them? Does hearing aids are available for them?
The signs of hearing loss can be subtle and emerge slowly, or early signs of hearing loss can be significant and come about suddenly. Either way, there are common indications and hearing impaired signs. You should suspect hearing loss if you experience any of the signs below.
You might have hearing loss if you.
Require frequent repetition.
Have difficulty following conversations involving more than 2 people.
Think that other people sound muffled or like they're mumbling.
Have difficulty hearing in noisy situations, like conferences, restaurants, malls, or crowded meeting rooms.
Have trouble hearing children and women.
Have your tv or radio turned up to a high volume.
Answer or respond inappropriately in conversations.
Have ringing in your ears.
Read lips or more intently watch people's faces when they speak with you.
Feel stressed out from straining to hear what others are saying.
Feel annoyed at other people because you can't hear or understand them.
Feel embarrassed to meet new people or from misunderstanding what others are saying.
Feel nervous about trying to hear and understand.
Withdraw from social situations that you once enjoyed because of difficulty hearing.
Have a family history of hearing loss.
Take medications that can harm the hearing system (ototoxic drugs).
Have diabetes, heart, circulation or thyroid problems.
Have been exposed to very loud sounds over a long period or single exposure to explosive noise.