Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. VijayaYour feedback matters!
My baby has completed 6 months now, for last 20 days she is having loose motions. We are not giving any outside food except mother's milk. The pediatrician advised not to worry, it will stop on its own. First three days we gave econorm, but doctor suggested to stop it as the Baby don't have any infection problem, so no antibiotics needed. Baby is active, no vomiting. But motions didn't stop. What to do ?
My son is 13 months old. Lastly we have given him vaccination in 9th month. Currently the chart says there is a dose at 12th month. But doctor said it will be given 18th month. Pls help.
What are hypothyroid symptoms in toddlers of age 2 years. My baby is over weight and is told to do thyroid profile and Bsl by our pediatrician. My baby is 20 kg and age is 2 years. So please tel what are chances dat my baby must be having des problems. I was diagnosed with sub clinical hypothyroidism during pregnancy and was also having gestational diabetes (well controlled). please suggest some help for my child so dat he will not gain more weight Thank you.
My 7 month baby boy required daily multi vitamin, digestive, anti vomiting, anti spasmodic, anti flatulent drop? I am confused that baby required so many medicine?
We have 3 years old son, he doesn't eat anything, we use" Apti must" hungry syrup but it doesn't works well. He is always crying and he didn't sleep properly, we are worrying about him, please give me a best suggestion.
My brother 0f 11 years old, had an infection in mouth and his right side cheek got swollen and have pain. I too have faced this problem once. Suggest some tablets. Please respond immediately.
I am having one month girl babies. Doctor suggested to give powder milk for the babies the name is PER NAN. They said for one scoop you should 30 ml water we are giving like that only. But my baby is suffering to go to motion. Can you help me with your message.
My child age 01 year and 09 months sex male got fever 100 F yesterday. The doctor gave him Augmentin Duo Syrup (Amoxicillin 200mg + Potassium Clavulate 34 mg) he has taken three doses of it. Today his fever has gone upto 104.5 F and not getting down even with Crocin Syrup 120 mg with dose of 5ml at 5 pm then at 10 pm. It lowered to 102F for half hour and again raised to 104. We are continuly doing sponging. Pl guide. We again consulted doctor in hospital and he advised oflox oz and brufin junior, feva go. We have administered one dose of brufin junior half hour ago but no benefit.
Upper respiratory infection (URI) is a condition, which involves illness, mainly caused by critical infection in the upper respiratory tract. This region includes the pharynx, larynx, nose and sinus. This infection causes diseases, such as tonsillitis (tonsils get inflamed), pharyngitis (causes sore throat) sinusitis (nasal passage becomes inflamed), laryngitis (voice box in your throat gets inflamed) and common cold.
Causes of upper respiratory infection (URI):
- Both virus and bacteria cause upper respiratory infection (URI). The most common form of virus causing this infection is known as 'rhinovirus.'
- The immune system of young adults and children are often very vulnerable. Hence, they are more likely to develop upper respiratory tract infection.
- URI is also contagious and airborne in nature. So if a person comes in contact with an infected person suffering from URI, he/she is likely to develop this infection.
- Not washing hands before meals can also cause upper respiratory infection because the virus can be transferred easily to the mouth and can travel into your system.
- If you have any lung problem or heart disease, you are more likely to be susceptible to upper respiratory infection.
- Those who already have inflamed tonsils can trigger tonsillitis by drinking any cold or spicy beverage like ice-creams or cold milkshakes.
- Exposure to some flu or cold can cause pharyngitis. It can also be caused by second hand smoking.
- Birth defects or structural defects in the nasal cavity or nasal polyps can cause sinusitis. Sometimes the inside part of the nose may get swollen due to common cold and block your ducts. This is a common cause for sinusitis.
Symptoms of acute upper respiratory infection:
- Congestion in the lungs or nasal area.
- Whooping cough
- Running nose due to common cold.
- Feelings of fatigue and lethargy throughout the day.
- Your body will start aching without engaging in any physical exercise.
- You can also lose consciousness in severe respiratory tract infections.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Oxygen levels in blood drop down drastically.
Sometimes in worse cases, acute upper respiratory tract infection (URI) can also cause respiratory failure, respiratory arrest and congestive heart failure. Therefore, it is necessary to book an appointment with a doctor as soon as you start experiencing the above symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.