Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijay Pawar
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay PawarYour feedback matters!
I have got. A spot on my nose due tu scratching .i had scratched a small bump and now its gone and I have a black spot. Im worried. Will it go away?
Enlarged pores can make a face look really unappealing and sweaty. But the good news is that there are a lot of methods available to tackle them. From making the pores smaller to completely eliminating them, here is a list of some fantastic remedies.
Some homemade remedies:
- Baking soda mixture: Baking soda not only helps to reduce pores, it also helps in fighting acne. This can be used every night for the first week and 3-4 times a week thereafter.
- A mixture of lemon and pineapple juice: A cloth drenched in lemon and pineapple juice when applied on enlarged pores, can help them shrink over a period of time. Ensure that you rinse your face with water after a minute.
- Wash you face: Washing your face twice a day is necessary as i stop pores from getting enlarged. Bacteria, oil and dirt enlarge the pores a great deal. Washing the face at least twice a day will reduce the pores.
- Ice-cube treatment: Ice cubes can be applied on the face daily for 5-20 seconds. They not only reduce pores, but tighten the skin as well.
- Yogurt mask: Since yogurt contains probiotics and lactic acid, it is a great weapon for fighting acne and enlarged pores. The yogurt mask shouldn’t be used more than once a week though.
- Healthy diet: Eating fresh fruits and vegetables is a prerequisite for getting rid of enlarged pores. It is also necessary to consume lots of vitamin A, B and C on a daily basis. Consuming a lot of water and staying away from caffeine also goes a long way in fighting pores.
- Sandalwood powder mix: Sandalwood paste made with water is a great remedy for enlarged pores. The paste should be applied and kept that way for 10-20 minutes before rinsing it off with cold water.
- Papaya and banana peels: Papaya and banana contain papain and bromelain enzymes respectively. Rubbing their peels on the face can greatly help in getting rid of pores and blemishes.
Visit a dermatologist
Most dermatologists prescribe topical medicines, which have to be applied on skin or pills for consumption. Depending on the level of pore enlargement, a doctor decides the medicines. Mild antibiotics are often prescribed for patients with enlarged pores blemishes.
Dermabrasion: This is a method where a doctor scrapes the upper layer of the epidermis with a wire brush to get rid of pores and blemishes. This procedure comes handy if the face is affected by scars.
Dermaplaning: This method is similar to dermabrasion. The only difference being that in the case of dermaplaning, instead of the whole upper layer, only the affected part of the skin is removed.
A cortisone injection: This is considered to be the last resort for pores and blemishes. The swelling from the blemish immediately reduces as soon as the injection is pushed.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have a cut in my hand and thigh. Should I have to undergo surgery to not to make it visible to others?
Skin tags are common, acquired benign skin growths that resemble a small, soft balloon suspended on a slender stalk. Skin tags are harmless growths that can vary in number from one to hundreds. Males and females are equally prone to developing skin tags. Obesity seems to be associated with skin tag development. Although some skin tags may fall off spontaneously, most persist once formed. The medical name for skin tag is acrochordon. Some people call them "skin tabs."
Early on, skin tags may be as small as a flattened pinhead-sized bump. While most tags typically are small (2 mm-5 mm in diameter) at approximately one-third to one-half the size of a pencil eraser, some skin tags may become as large as a big grape (1 cm in diameter) or a fig (5 cm in diameter)