Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijay Jadhav
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay JadhavYour feedback matters!
PCOS is a disorder characterized by enlarged ovaries and the formation of tiny cysts on the outer sides of the ovaries. The polycystic ovary is a hormonal condition that stimulates surplus production of androgen in women. Androgen being a" male hormone, causes the development of muscle mass and hair in men, and it has similar effects on women as well when present in high amount.
They trigger acne and excessive growth of body hair in women accompanied by irregular or lack of ovulation in the form of absent or erratic menstrual cycle. Hence, owing to troubles in ovulation (discharge of ovules from the ovaries), one may experience difficulties in getting pregnant.
Many women suffering from PCOS are unaffected by the influence of the hormone ‘insulin’, which indicates, that it requires a larger amount of insulin to sustain a normal blood sugar level. High levels of insulin as a result of insulin resistance, in turn drastically boosts androgen production.
Symptoms of PCOS include:
- Irregular menstrual cycle. Women with PCOS may miss periods or have fewer periods (fewer than eight in a year). Or, their periods may come every 21 days or more often. Some women with PCOS stop having menstrual periods.
- Excessive hair. Excessive hair on the face, chin, or parts of the body where men usually have hair. This is called" hirsutism" hirsutism affects up to 70% of women with PCOS. 3
- Acne. Acne on the face, chest, and upper back
- Hair loss. Thinning hair or hair loss on the scalp; male-pattern baldness
- Weight gain. Weight gain or difficulty losing weight
- Skin darkening. Darkening of skin, particularly along neck creases, in the groin, and underneath breasts
- Skin tags. Skin tags, which are small excess flaps of skin in the armpits or neck area
Ayurveda and panchakarma treatments can work wonder in improving such health issues.
- Reduction of weight can be done with udwartan therapy.
- Vaman and virechan should be suggested as per the requirement of a patient and it helps in menses.
- Internal medicines are tailor-made to improve the health of an individual.