Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijay Jadhav
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay JadhavYour feedback matters!
My friend having high fever as 102 since form yesterday evening. He is shivering also and feeling body weakness. He vomited 2 times yesterday, that's why he is scared to eat. His eyes are also little reddish. Based on symptoms can you tell me what he is suffering.
I drink beer once in a week and aftr beer I take cigarette. Ths all bcz of my past life tensions So I wan stop this habit, can you please help me.
I am 24 years old. I have a hair fall problem from past 8 years. Finally I came to that I have scalp psoriasis. Skin is peeling off from scalp and hairs got weaker. How to overcome this problem? Which medicine I have to use to avoid this flakes, lymphs and whitish flakes? Please suggest.
Sir, I have chest pain and feel weakness from 2or3 month. I take some medicine by doctor but no profit. Can you suggest what should be done?
Whenever I wash my hairs, my head starts paining after 3-4 hrs of wash and I have to take a pain killer to get relief. Can you suggest something to stop it from occurring?
During the natural course of events, a woman's body starts its reproductive phase with menarche and at about 50 years of age, attains menopause. This is when the reproductive function ceases and the ovaries stop producing the hormone estrogen and progesterone. This is medically termed early or premature menopause.
Menopause that occurs before 40 years of age is termed as Premature Menopause; it is due to primary ovarian insufficiency and occurs in 1% of the women. If it occurs between 45 to 50 years, it is termed as early menopause.
Causes of premature menopause: Normal ageing, family history, genetic disorders, autoimmune disorders, toxins, and surgery are some reasons that could lead to premature menopause.
Effects: Estrogen and progesterone have a lot of beneficial effects on a woman's body. Reduction in their levels leads to some of the below changes:
- Emotional changes like mood swings, irritability, and in some cases depression, especially in premature menopause.
- Irregular cycles before complete cessation of the menstrual cycles.
- General mucosal dryness leading to vaginal dryness, dry skin, dry eyes.
- There also would be urinary incontinence and reduced sex drive due to reduced hormone levels.
- For women who still would want to have children, infertility would be a big cause for concern. This could lead to other emotional issues, worsening the depression.
- Bones lose their density and get weak and are more prone to fracture. This leads to Osteoporosis.
- Postmenopause, women are more prone to heart attacks and stroke, leading to cardiovascular health issues. Though not fully proven, this is believed to be true as the good role that estrogen plays on blood vessels is negated with menopause.
- Menopause leads to accelerated damage of genetic structures, thereby leading to faster ageing. This also leaves a feeling in the women of being less attractive and less desirable.
There is also a good news, that after menopause women are at lesser risk of cancer especially, breast and ovarian.
However, it is not easy for women to handle premature menopause. The body undergoes some changes much earlier than expected, and it requires a lot of support and caring and comforting to come to terms with it especially, if associated with infertility or chemotherapy for cancer. Emotional issues of not being able to have children and feeling less attractive require frank talks to boost the person's confidence and increase self-worthiness.
It is easier said than done, but one of the key ways to handle premature menopause is an open discussion.
Related Tip: "7 Ways To Deal With PMS"