Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. VijayYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old male. I am having a black skin. And also I have black marks in my eyes. What should I do?
I am 19 but I still have marks on my face and it's look red and very 5 day I get an pimple on my face. Help me.
As per biopsy report prostate gland increased and may cause prostate cancer in future. Whether this disease can be cured by ayurvedic medicines/treatment? Do not want to take allopathy medicines.
I suffer from post anal fissures for the past 22 years. There is no pain or any other problem. I am not able to evacuate my bowels completely. Always its incomplete. There is lot of flatulence later in the day. I always feel to go to toilet again and again. Is the incompleteness due to fissures. Is there any complete cure for fissures.
Hi. I'm a 22 year old female. I have red bumps all over my legs and arms. It seems like chicken skin or keratosis Polaris. The bumps are just reddish brown. They do not have puss or anything. I used to scrub my arms earlier and I noticed them gone. But now they've come back again. Please suggest me a solution or any remedy to get a smooth skin and get rid of these bumps?
I have little pores on my face. I have got rid of those pimples but not able to handle these pores. Can this pores be filled and I get a smooth and clear skin. Any help?
I'm a bachelor of 3rd year. I don't get proper and constant sleep for at least 5hrs even I have much night outs for academics. I'm getting pimples they are coming and going and leaving Mark on skin, even my skin is oily. So please help me out.
Hi, My age is 17 years. I got a lot of pimples on my face. I was go on pressing them. Pimples we're lost but in that pimples place a black black mark occurred. How to get ride of them. Please give me solution doctors.
28 Male. Dark sensitive skin. Serum Ige 1000. My facial skin is 3-4 times darker than my chest. Nose color is same as chest but nose bridge is a lot dark. Dark band around nose. Facial skin is rough and have discoloration in the lateral sides. Left side is more discolored. Sides of forehead also is darker. Small marks (not visible from 2-3 meter but visible when close) are there which I think are from pimples. I have tried many products, creams which either make my skin dry or dul (greasy creAm) l. Nothing really seems to be a good solution. Right now, I use himalaya neem face wash, use cucumber and ayur moisturizer and nomarks cream which keeps my skin well, but not improving it. I want to have a good skin, even tone and complexion like my chest. Please advice about everything I need to do. Apply and eat. Thanks in advance!
I want to reduce my weight And I want improve my self immunopower What should I do Please suggest me And for glowing skin.
Causes of skin discoloration and its types
Skin discoloration is a condition where the overall color of skin appears patchy and uneven. This generally takes the form of dark spots, blotchiness, jagged sunburns, etc. It is caused due to unequal distribution of melanin, the pigment responsible for imparting color to the skin.
Melanin is produced by the melanocyte cells in the epidermis layer of the skin. This pigment plays a protective role in the skin, particularly when it comes to defense against sun damage. Production of melanin is generally uniform through the skin but sometimes, various anomalies cause some parts of the skin to produce excess melanin whereas others may produce none at all. This leads to discoloration of the skin, making the appearance of skin tone irregular and non-uniform.
What are the different types of skin discoloration?
There are various types of skin discoloration which are caused by different medical and nonmedical conditions.
Some of them are as follows:
- Melasma. This type of skin discoloration occurs due to fluctuations in the levels of estrogen and progesterone in the body. This condition is found most commonly in pregnant women.
- Vitiligo. This is a medical condition which is caused when melanocyte cells cease to function or die. It manifests itself in the form of white patches that appear on the skin.
- Sunburns and Tans. These appear on the skin in the form of dark patches, uneven splotches and burns. It is caused by unprotected and prolonged exposure to the sun.
- Tinea Versicolor. This type of skin discoloration is caused by a fungal infection that makes skin appear dull and flaky in patches. It occurs due to hormone level fluctuations or a malfunction in the immune system.
- Skin Cancer. When the skin gets affected by melanomas and carcinomas, it appears discolored. This type of discoloration changes shape, size and texture and requires the immediate attention of a specialist.
- Other causes of skin discoloration include genetic inheritance, allergic reactions and drug reactions. The diagnosis of treatment depends on the exact nature of the condition and varies from case to case.
Related Tip: Can Use of Sunscreen Reduce Skin's Aging?