Lybrate.com has top trusted Physiotherapists from across India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vijal OzaYour feedback matters!
I have a severe neck and back pain. I am into sales job. So I required to drive a lot by bike. I thought the main cause for the pain is using bike. So I have reduced using bike also nowadays. But my pain still persists so high. Even I am not using pillow while sleeping. So pls suggest me some great ideas or exercises which I need to do regularly and share me some link where I can see the workout models. Also pls suggest whether I can gym or not. Will it increase pain?
I am a 55 year old men and have bp from last 20 years and also have back pain from 10 years. Please advise me.
Sir I have a backpain. When I travel through public bus I suffers from it. Today my question is that how can I get rid of it? Sir please answer my question.
I'm 32 years old female. Married since 7 years and mother of two year old daughter. Since my pregnancy m having low back pain on the left side. N knee pain since 2 years. What should I do.
Sir, my hand will be fractured before 2 month ago and plate is inserted in my hand .i m a volleyball player .in how many days I can play with my love "volleyball" pls tell me suggestion.
My left shoulder was operated 1 and half year ago because my shoulder was dislocating frequently. They put 3 bolt in my shoulder .Can I start doing gym and workout?
Knee pain is characterized by a feeling of pain in the knee joint caused by injury or overuse. The knee joint consists of small bone structures, the kneecap, supporting ligaments and cartilage of the knee. This joint bears the full weight of the body, which makes it very vulnerable to injury.
Causes of knee pain
Knee pain is usually caused by injuries to the knee such as exposure to a direct force on the knee, abnormal twisting of the knee or falling on your knees. Some causes of knee pain are -
- Knee strains and sprains - Overworking the knee joints can damage the tissues of the knee joint resulting in knee sprains and strains
- Osteoarthritis - it is condition where the protective cartilage around the kneecap is damaged, resulting in knee pain
- Bursitis - Excessive movement of the knee or kneeling down for extended periods can irritate the bursa (a fluid sac below the skin above the knee joint) that causes swelling and pain, thereby giving rise to this condition
- Gout - This condition is characterized by the accumulation of uric acid in crystal form around the knee joint, causing inflammation and pain
- Tendon disorders - Tendons connect the muscles to the bones, and overworking the knee can cause the tendons around the knee to become sore and painful
- Kneecap dislocation - Injuries may cause the kneecap to shift out of its position, this causes swelling and pain in the knee joint
Symptoms of knee pain
Severe knee pain can restrict movements such as walking or standing. The symptoms vary according to the extent of the damage suffered by the knee. Most common symptoms of knee pain are problems in climbing stairs, inability to extend the knees, limping and swelling of the knee joint. In some cases, knee pain may also cause fever.
Related Tip: Three Ways to Protect Your Knees?