Lybrate.com has top trusted Physiotherapists from across India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Vijal OzaYour feedback matters!
I have been suffer from back pain for few days. I have been trying to getrid exercise regular. But I did not get any result. What should I do. Please.
Knee injuries are the most complex injuries of bone and cartilages. A direct hit can lead to this situation. You may get this injury while doing your daily activities. An activity as simple as walking or a deadly accident can lead to this injury. You never know, when you are left with a damaged knee. In critical cases, you are advised to undertake a joint replacement surgery. According to latest studies, doctors replace more than a million knees or hips in a year in the United States. It is a life-changing procedure. But you need to know whether you are the right candidate or not? Follow the below-mentioned points to get a clear picture:
Reasons to replace your knee
- Pain and stiffness: If it hurts you a lot while you are walking or trying to climb stairs, it may be an indication of having a new joint. It has to be also noted that whether the pain is long-term. You know that you need a new joint when there is pain for at least 6 months.
- Your injured knee hampers your daily life: It is not the only pain that might be a cause of worry. Your injured knee can hurt your entire life. It will limit your daily activities, hampering your office work and personal life. It will upset you and drive you towards depression. To get rid of all these issues, you can opt for a knee replacement surgery.
- Bone damage: Before taking up the surgery, you must consult your doctor. He or she will ask you to conduct X-rays and other imaging tests first. The reports will clarify whether or not you require a surgery. The reports will show that whether you are suffering from osteoarthritis or other conditions.
- Deformity: The surgery is needed when your knee gets severely swollen and looks deformed.
When joint replacement may not help?
There are a number of situations when the joint replacement may not help. These are as follows:
If there is any infection in the body, you cannot take up this surgery. If you have suffered from a heart attack, stroke, diabetes or any related issues, then you will have complications at the time of surgery. It is also advisable to get rid of the extra kilos, if you are obese to get the best results. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopaedics.
Hi, Sir my age 29 I am suffering from pme since a long time back, I am frustrating to this Please consult, which is Best.
For a disease that affects almost eighty percent of people over 50 years of age, not much is known about curing joint pains. Allopathic medicine remains almost clueless about a complete cure for joint pains which occur due to various reasons like heredity and lifestyle. It treats the pain with pain killers, inflammation reducers and other such drugs which do not heal the joint completely and lead to other problems too.
Ayurveda and Joint Pain
Ayurveda has its own unique perspective on joint problems. According to it, these occur due to:
- Poorly-nourished joints
- Low bone density and overall weakness in joints
The main symptom of poorly nourished joints is discomfort followed by a crackling sound. In this, the bone making up the joint can degenerate due to lack of proper nutrition. Low bone density joints usually occur due to a toxic overload in the joints called ‘ama’ in Ayurveda. Ama is the sticky, toxic waste product of incomplete digestion and this accumulates in joints making them stiff and heavy. Ama accumulation for long can make a joint swollen and painful. Damp, cold weather can aggravate this type of joint problem. If ‘vata’ the Ayurvedic dosha associated with movements and proper functioning of metabolism and assimilation is aggravated, it can cause joint pain too.
The imbalance in Vyana Vata, a special form of vata associated with bone damage along with weakened circulation, metabolism and absorption creates an imbalance in ‘kapha’ the other major dosha in the body, according to Ayurveda. ‘Shleshaka’ Kapha, the sub-dosha of Kapha that controls lubrication of joints dries up. This makes the un-lubricated joints very vulnerable and one starts getting pain.
The first line of treatment for joint pains is pacifying the Vata dosha through food and lifestyle modifications like:
- Include all six tastes -sweet, sour, salty, bitter, astringent, and pungent- in the diet. However, sweet, sour and salty tastes are very good to pacify Vata dosha.
- Eat less of bitter, astringent and pungent foods.
- Eat more grains like quinoa, rye and amaranth, cooked in ghee.
- Freshly-cooked organic vegetables and warm liquid soups are best.
- Eat a diet rich in calcium- milk, spinach, kale, asparagus, and root vegetables.
- A Vata pacifying daily routine like eating before 8 pm in the night and keeping dinner light and sleeping early are also advised.
If possible get a daily Ayurvedic oil massage ‘abhyanga’ with special medicated oils to prevent joint problems. Regular habits help settle Vata. So, it’s suggested that one goes to bed at the same time each day, gets up at the same time and follows a regular routine for pacifying Vata. Getting stress under control though meditation and pranayama also does wonders.