Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Vidya OmanaYour feedback matters!
I want to go in defence line but my weight is improve in day by day .I am about 78 kg and I want to lose my weight immediately. So please tell what can I do.
M 40 years female. From a couple of days I noticed that I am getting angry. I am not feeling happy always irritated and frustrated. On small things im getting annoyed. What can I do. I always stay in sad mood.
Hello doctor Lots off pimples in my face And so many medicines I have applied in my face But no results So Pls give me effective medicine to remove pimples.
I am 48 year old Male can you suggest me how to reduce abdomen fat I am taking medicine for diabetics.
I use my cell phone a lot till approx 12'O Clock and I also feel less sleepy in the morning & irritation in eyes and throughout the day I feel sleepy. Is it due to this reason? If it is so then kindly suggest me how to avoid the excess use of cell phone? And one thing more in today's era most of the task are being done with the help of Technology, this is fact. But I am failing to balance my life with technology. Kindly suggest me some tips.
I am only 21 years but still I am having extensive hairfall. Previously my hairs were very thick but now they are very thin. I tried many shampoo and oils but none of them worked. I have my hairs long till my waist. Please help me and give me suggestion what I must do to prevent hairfall.
I am suffering from migraine from last few years. I could not find any solutions to that. I haven't got any treatment but it comes and goes suddenly. Won't let me eat frozen food. please help.
I am 20 years old and my weight is 70 kgs and height is 5.4 feet. My weight seems to more than my age and height. So please tell me some advices to loose weight and become slim.
I have stomach pain from last 5 days when I eat something vomiting like feelings come & vomiting does not come. I have taken medicines from many physicians but there is no gain no what I do.
I am 43 yrs old, ckd my cholesterol in nov was ldl 183 n hdl 39, was prescribed modlip 10 mg per day, and regular exercise. Chkd again in march after doing yoga 5 times a week n modlip 10 mg, cholesterol was ldl 143 n hdl 38, chkd again in may same routine yoga 5 times a week n modlip 10 mg it was now ldl 95 n hdl 38. How to increase hdl is my query?
We are a married couple and want to conceive. We are trying since 6 month. I have done my sperm analysis and found that sperm count is zero. Please help.
I have been suffering from a greater weight loss day by day although I take my meal. Everyday. What should I do?
I am girl of 23 years height 5'8" and weight 50 kgs. Want to gain muscle weight curves. I am not fond of food. Appetite is not so good.
Diabetes is also known as diabetes mellitus, is a group of metabolic diseases, which raises the glucose level in the blood. If suffering from diabetes, parts of your body might get affected with other diseases as well, like bad eyesight, etc.
Diabetes is of 3 types:
- Type 1 Diabetes: where your body stops insulin production.
- Type 2 Diabetes: where your body does not produce enough insulin to function on or where the cells of your body do not react toward the insulin produced
- Gestational Diabetes: This is the diabetes you or your partner may suffer from during pregnancy.
Suffering from diabetes can make your lifestyle extremely difficult as you will have to go through a lot of restrictions. In order to avoid diabetes and its various outcomes, here are some tips you can follow:
- Keep your weight in control: Make sure you are of the right weight according to your height. If you are more than what you should weigh, and you are creeping towards obesity, you have a high chance of succumbing to diabetes. If you are already obese, start working towards losing weight. Even if you lose 5% of your weight, you will slash the risk of having diabetes by 70%.
- Walk: No exercise is better and easier than walking. Try walking as much as you can. Walking will help you reduce the risk of getting affected with diabetes. If you walk for around 35 minutes every day, you are cutting down the risk of diabetes by almost 30%. Walking, being an exercise, helps your body use the insulin produced in your body more efficiently.
- Drink coffee: Coffee, unlike common belief of being harmful, is actually very beneficial when it comes to keeping diabetes at bay. Coffee contains caffeine, which is believed to improve metabolism. Coffee also has potassium, magnesium and various antioxidants which enable the cells to absorb glucose. Drinking coffee regularly might lower the risk of diabetes by 29%.
- Get proper rest at night: If you sleep for less than 6 hours every night, then the risk of you suffering from diabetes is doubled. But that doesn't mean you are supposed to oversleep. If you sleep more than 8 hours, the risk of being affected with it rises to almost 75%. Hence sleep at least for 6 to 8 hours each night for a healthy life sans diabetes.
I have a lower back pain from last three months. I took medicines but still no relief. So please guide me.
Quite strikingly, acne can become a persistent cause of your worries, if left untreated. Acne not only harms you physically, but also damages your psychological health. Persistent acne can result in a pockmarked face, making you feel sullen and unsure of yourself. Acne refers to a condition where the skin perpetually develops stinging, red bumps. Red pimples might show on your face, shoulders, back or neck. The bumps usually take a lot of time to heal and they leave behind deep scars. And, in order to treat, such scars one can go for cosmetic dermatology procedures.
Acne Scars: What are they?
When inflamed blemishes, result from crushing of excess oil, bacteria and dead cells in your skin pores, enlarge and swell up breaking the follicle wall, acne scarring is caused. One can get rid of acne scars through the natural healing process of your skin if the lesions are not very deep. Deep lesions will require medical assistance. New collagen formation can heal such scars, but it doesn't restore the radiance and tautness of your original skin. Acne scars can be divided into two broad types:
Hypertrophic and Keloid scarring: Raised tissue on the surface of the skin following excess collagen production causes such kind of scars.
Atrophic or depressed scarring: These scars are caused due to reduced tissue production. Small, but noticeable holes on your skin are called Ice picks. However, the boxcar is a scar, which is similar to a chicken pox mark.
Causes of Acne scars:
- Malfunctioning of hormones even after the age of puberty can lead to acne formation in both males and females.
- Food items rich in carbohydrates can trigger acne. Dairy products could also worsen the condition.
- Any medicine that contains lithium, androgen or corticosteroids can worsen this skin condition.
- Bacteria, excess oil, blocked pores, and dead skin cells are the primary reasons behind acne.
Treatments of Acne scars:
Cosmetic dermatology procedures can successfully help you do away with acne scars. Blue-light therapy, is a procedure in cosmetic dermatology, which can work wonders for acne scars. A narrow- band, but high - intensity Blue-light is used to counter Porphyrins released by bacteria causing acne. Porphyrins easily absorb Blue-light and the light leads to radical damage of Porphyrins when used in certain wavelengths.
There are certain topical creams available, which can improve mild scarring, most of the acne scars are either depressed or raised type and need a combination of surgical procedures and skin resurfacing. The therapeutic options that are currently available to treat acne scars include subcision, dermabrasion, microdermabrasion, derma rollers, chemical peels, TCA cross, ablative lasers, fractional lasers and dermal fillers.
Fractional resurfacing laser is one of the most effective treatments for acne scars. It is a minimally-ablative technique that creates microscopic zones of dermal injury in a grid-like pattern. This helps in collagen remodelling, skin tightening, scar improvement, reduction in fine lines, improvement in texture, tone and colour of the skin. A series of 4 to 6 sittings are usually needed for optimal results. Each session lasts for one hour and is performed at monthly intervals.
Certain types of scars such as the ice pick and rolling scars, pixel laser are combined with subcision, dermal rollers and TCA cross. In addition, punch excision and softening of margins with laser can be done for box scars. All the mentioned procedures are well-tolerated with local application of anesthetic creams before procedure. With these procedures, improvement of scars is seen over several weeks.
Lately, injectable dermal fillers are being used for correction of acne scars, giving it a smoother appearance. This is semi-permanent and needs to be redone as and when required. Timely treatment of acne is necessary to keep, both unwanted pigmentation and scars at bay. So, get rid of your scars and make the dream of blemish free and smooth skin come true. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.