Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vidya KedariYour feedback matters!
HI im 25 years female, got married one and a half year back, im trying for a baby but when I consulted a gynaec she told me that I have thyroid problem but after 1 month when I went for check up again, she told me that it is in control, but still there is no sign of pregnancy, can you help me in getting a solution?
Hi dis s sreevani. Iam 28 years old, recently married just 2 months. I have a problem irregular periods after married.
A surgical procedure, in which a woman's uterus is removed is referred to as a hysterectomy. The need for this operation can arise due to various reasons, which include:
- Development of uterine fibroids that are painful and accompanied by bleeding and other associated symptoms
- Uterine prolapse, which is characterised by a shifting of the position of the uterus, wherein it enters the vaginal canal
- Ovarian cancer, cervical cancer or endometrial cancer
- Vaginal bleeding that cannot be characterised as normal
- Development of a condition, in which the uterus thickens and is known as adenomyosis
- Chronic pain in the pelvic region
In Ayurveda, the uterus is associated with the Pitta dosha (fire element), and is considered to be a storehouse of metabolic fire. In fact, this is the reason why after a hysterectomy is performed, a woman generally loses the zest for life along with her creativity and feels demotivated, depressed, sentimental or lethargic. But Ayurveda can help in regaining your vitality post hysterectomy. Here's how:
The role of Ayurveda in hysterectomy:
In Ayurveda, the greatest healer of hysterectomy is the herb Shatavari (asparagus racemosus). This herb is known to balance out the Pitta Dosha, which is associated with the uterus. Not only that, this herb, whose name roughly means "a woman who has a 100 husbands," is extremely vital in reducing stress and in increasing Ojas (or vitality). It also helps in building stamina and increasing strength post surgery, while helping in maintaining a normal hormonal balance. A woman will also experience an increase in her Sattva (or positivity) with the help of this herb.
However, just after surgery, a woman is advised to have arjuna and turmeric as they are enriched with healing properties. A combination of other herbs along with Shatavari can help in calming the mind and keep fluctuating emotions in check. These other herbs include saffron, aloe vera, calamus, gotu kola, bhringraj, and brahmi rasayana or jatamansi.
She is suffering from irregular periods. Its coming only one day for a month and she also staying in hostel and she is much worried about that. So please send your advice doctor.
My wife has not returned to her regular periods since fourteen months after her first delivery. Also had put on more weight during these months. We thought of going for test thyroid. Kindly suggest if these conditions are common or if requires medical attention.
My wife is pregnant, she is suffered from vomiting, this is first month of her pregnancy, what should she do at this time,&what is the best diet for her at this time, please suggest me.
Hi doc, I have read about gum bleeding in pregnancy ll cause baby growth too, so please help me out I to have gum bleeding from the beginning of pregnancy. Still I didn't consult dentist apart from gynecologist. Tq.
I had ipill on the 14th of previous month. Then I had spotting on 22nd. I had my periods from 26th to 31st. Then on 5th of next month I had spotting again. Why is this happening?
Is artificial hymen available and if yes when should we have to go for it just before marriage or sometime before?
Hello doctor I am 26. On the 17th day (probably ovulating) of my period, I was a little intimate with a guy. We didn't have sex but his penis accidentally touched my vagina for a second. Today is the 32nd day, got no period. My normal cycle is 28-31 days. I am really worried. Am I pregnant?
I am 25years old. I did nit got 2 months period. I get stomach pain daily in the night but periods is not happening. Even I am geeting hairs in my face. Please concern something bit worried. I am going to get marry in the month of november.
My wife is pregnant. Now first month going on. Tel me which book read good for her, which exercise she done? Hows care in pregnancy. Pls tell me.
Dear Doctor, I had a miscarriage 20 days before I was 6 week pregnant. And from last 6 days there is a brown discharge. I had unprotected sex a week ago. Brown discharge started after having sex. I want to ask will there b any chance of pregnancy.
Hi doctor. my wife does not conceive after her leoroscopic removal of gall bladder. What may be the reason for that and remedy. Please answer. If she needs any medicines please prescribe. She has irregular period and excess bleeding.
1. Her Fertility Booster: Weight Control
2. His Fertility Booster: Increase your Sperm.
3. Her Fertility Booster: Watch the Beverages
Drinking too much coffee or too much alcohol can impair a woman's fertility.
Studies on alcohol intake and women's fertility have produced mixed findings.
Want to cut out alcohol completely once you are pregnant.
4. Couple's Fertility Booster: Stop Smoking
Smoking cigarettes can impair both a woman's and a man's fertility.
5. Couple's Fertility Booster: The Fertile Window
it advises keeping close track of ovulation -- either by the calendar method, Do Regular Sexual Act During Mid Days of cycle. sex every other day produced nearly as good a pregnancy rate.
6. Couples Fertility Booster: Choose Lubricants Wisely
With more frequent intercourse, couples may turn more to vaginal lubricants. Some lubricants can actually decrease fertility. When you're trying to get pregnant, be sure to avoid products that have spermicidal agents.
7. Couple's Fertility Booster: Avoid Pesticides and Other Harmful Exposures
Exposures to pesticide. And exposure to some solvents and toxins -- including those used in printing businesses and dry cleaning establishments -- can adversely affect women's fertility.
Hiii doctor, I m poonam, we are planning for baby, But we don't understand that why I m not conceiving.what to do
Fibromyalgia is a musculoskeletal disorder that is more prevalent among women (in the age group between 25 - 60 years) than men. The condition often results in muscular and joint pain along with extreme tiredness. Further, there may be severe headaches, body stiffness, insomnia or sleeping disorders, high sensitivity to extreme temperatures, abdominal pain, Irritable bowel syndrome and also Fibro Fog ( a condition triggered by Fibromyalgia, whereby an individual is unable to concentrate on anything). In some, the condition can trigger severe anxiety, stress, and depression.
While discussing Fibromyalgia, it is important to mention about the Tender Points or Trigger Points. These are delicate points and areas located throughout the body where even a gentle tap or pressure is enough to cause pain. Some of these trigger points in Fibromyalgia include:
- upper chest.
- back of the head.
- top of shoulders.
- outer elbows.
Some of the common factors that play a significant role in triggering Fibromyalgia are
- Stress and Trauma: Fibromyalgia may be an outcome of extreme physical, mental and emotional turmoil (which often creates a hormonal imbalance) or Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Fibromyalgia may be linked to genetics and hereditary. People with a family history of Fibromyalgia are more susceptible to the painful condition.
- In some individuals, an autoimmune disorder such as Lupus or Rheumatoid Arthritis can also be a contributing factor resulting in Fibromyalgia.
Acupressure to treat Fibromyalgia
People often opt for Alternative Therapy to treat Fibromyalgia. Individuals with Fibromyalgia benefit immensely from Acupressure. Acupressure is a popular alternative therapy that finds its origin in China. It channelizes upon the use of pressure at certain points in the body to ease the pain. Some of the acupressure points that are often used to relieve the pain, especially related to the Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, in Fibromyalgia include:
- Stomach 36 (ST 36): ST 36 holds great significance in providing a soothing and calming effect in people with extreme stress and anxiety (one of the critical symptoms associated with Fibromyalgia). ST 36 is located in the depression of the tibia (lateral side), at a distance of about four fingers downwards from the patella or the knee. Gently and slowly massaging the point for 3-4 minutes is said to provide great relief.
- Ren 17: Another acupressure point that goes a long way to lower the anxiety and physical stress is Ren 17 or the chest center. This acupressure point is the middle of the chest (anterior midline), at the fourth intercostal space from the second rib downwards.
- Ear Shen Men: The Ear Shen Men is an important acupressure point in the triangular fossa, at the upper region of the ear. People with physical and emotional stress benefit from this acupressure point.
- Pericardium 6: The Pericardium 6 is in the mid arm region (lower and inner part of the arm) between the two tendons at a distance of four fingers from the wrist crease. In addition to a great soothing effect, Pericardium 6 is beneficial for people with nausea.
- Yintang: Nothing works more like the Yintang to relieve stress and anxiety. The acupressure point in between the eyes at the eyebrow level. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
Signs of dehydration
1. Dry mouth syndrome
2. Skin is scrappy and dry
3 fighting constant headaches
4. Urine becomes dark in colour
5. Trouble with dry eyes.