Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Vidya ChelerkarYour feedback matters!
My mother is diabetic consulting of eye doctor he said you r suffering with retina problem how we have to proceed for treatment what treatment will be there for retina problem.
Dear sir, mane 21September ko LASIK laser ka operation krvaya tha, usse pahle m 2 saal se 6.30 no. K lenses use kar rha tha .mane laser se 7 din pahle lense pahanna chod Dia tha jaisa ki doctors ne Kaha tha. Par Ab Mujhe karib 25 din bad Tak bhi clear nahi dikhai deta h.sir m bahut paresan hu Mujhe kya krna chahiye. Mane suna k iska Koi dobara treatment possible nahi h.to kya sir Mujhe ase hI rhna hoga ya iska Koi treatment h.or h to app. Kitne din me thik ho skta hu. please plz hlp me sir.
Sir my eyes are always in light red color (like when drunk alcohol person eyes) but I do not drink any type of alcohol please suggest what I do now?
I use my smartphone frequently. It leads to strain in eyes. How can I protect my eyes from effects of smartphone?
What are the advantages and disadvantages of doing laser treatment for removal of spectacles Number -3 & -4.
Q: I am suffering from a disease named STYE in which the end part of eye becomes big in size! and the eye becomes light red! itchiness and feeling to touch that happens! what should I do?
LASIK is a corrective eye surgery that aims at repairing the vision impairment. It is known as laser in situ keratomileusis. This surgery is typically used to fix nearsightedness, farsightedness and even astigmatism.
So can this surgery help in removing your spectacles and giving you crystal clear vision? Let us find out!
- Definition: The LASIK procedure basically works towards reshaping the cornea, which is the clear portion that coats the eye. This is responsible for proper travel of light to the retina where it must focus in an appropriate manner so as to reach the back of eye.
- Corrective Technique: With its cornea reshaping technique, this procedure is effective in correcting vision and removing spectacles for at least 96% of the patients who go through this treatment.
- Convenient: The LASIK surgery is a highly convenient one that hardly creates any pain. Numbing drops are used to minimise the pain that may be felt during the procedure. Also, the time taken for the correction is very little with most procedures commencing within a day or two. Further, this procedure does not require any bandages or stitches and usually works with a powerful laser beam.
- Eyeglass Dependence Reduction: Most patients have a dramatic improvement in the quality of their vision and do not require glasses, while other patients usually have a reduced dependence on eyeglasses once the surgery is done.
- Preparing for the Surgery: To prepare for the surgery, it is imperative to meet and coordinate the details with the ophthalmologist who will examine your eye carefully and seek to determine the risk of any kind of side effect. Also, the doctor will ask specific questions regarding the medical history of the patient before conducting the surgery. As a part of the preparation, the doctor will also take measurements of the corneal thickness and other such factors like refraction, corneal mapping, pupil dilation and air pressure, so as to carry out the surgery in the most effective manner. Do not wear your contact lenses for at least three weeks before this evaluation so as to get the correct reading which will make the surgery much more effective due to the correct settings applied to the pulses.
- Procedure: During the procedure, an instrument known as a microkeratome laser will be used to lift the flap of the cornea which will be peeled back while the corneal tissue is reshaped. Then the cornea flap will be put back in its position.
Remember to be prepared for some amount of dryness in the eyes once the surgery is over. Talk to your doctor about other side effects.