Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vidya Chelerkar
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Vidya ChelerkarYour feedback matters!
I got a small lump inside my lower right eyelid. Initially it was paining but slowly it's getting better. I am using gentamycin eye drops to get away with any infection. Help me out with this.
My eye sights is very low. Around 10-12 years before I injured by screwdriver in my left eye. From that time my eyes numbers increasing in every few months. Now my left side eye number is 13.00 Cyl. 1.00 Axis 155 and right side eye number is -11.00 cyl. 01.00 Axis 30 but number is not stable yet I have tried many big hospitals like center for sight etc. They have suggested me ICL to operate both eye. Please share your views on below queries. 1. ICL is best solution for my eyes? 2. Is there any side effect I can get in future. 3. Any other way or treatment you want to proffered me? 4. And also I am facing dryness problem in my both eyes. Any eye drop you want to suggest me? 5. Might be I am suffering from pathological myopia. What is pathological myopia?
Meri eyes main allergy hain maine bahut Dr. Se medicine li par koi benefit nahi hua please muje is ka permanent treatment bta do.
I am 52 years of age. My eye power was 3.5. I am not able to drive vehicle as the opposite vehicle's light flashes on my eyes. Please help me regarding this.
My ear was operated in jan 2016. It was masteriod bone operation. Now for few months, I had pain in my head. My eyes are stressed and both ears pain. But my right ear was operated. Tell me what to do I am not able to concentrate in my studies. When I read two lines only, it feels to move away off the book. It seems that my head is not able to be balanced.
She has a pain in her right eye from about 3-4 months and because of which pain also occur in right side of the head. Pain is not so severe but it is irritable and because of which she could not concentrate on studies and other work. I have consulted her to one of the ophthalmologist J. P. Tiwari He has prescribed" Multivite FM Omega" capsule one time a day and" Lubistar CMC" Eyedrop 2-3 times a day. These two medication were prescribed by him about 2 months earlier on 05-02-2016. Today she has visited the same doctor and he has prescribed" ultracet" tablet half in case of pain and the same above medications to be continue for 1 month and told her to operate. He told her that she has a corneal scar in her right eye and needs to be operate. She neither has too severe pain that I thought needs operation. As anyone of us can have dirt and dust in our eye, I don't think it would lead to any such defect that needs operation I am so worried please help me what to do She has compound power in right eye. For Right Eye SPH -1.5 CYL +2.0 Axis 130° VA 6/6 For Left Eye SPH -1.5 CYL nil Axis nil VA 6/5.
A cataract usually forms in the eyes due to clouding of the naturally clear lens that coats the eyes.This coating is usually a matter of age advancement or any other injury that the eyes may have sustained. It may also be a birth defect that a baby may be born with. There are various ways to deal with this debilitating condition.
One of the methods of treatment includes cataract surgery. Read on to find out more about this form of treatment:
- Procedure: During this surgery, the ophthalmologist will remove the cloudy lens and clean it before replacing it with a man-made lens.The technique followed for this procedure is known as phacoemulsification which involves a small cut or incision for the cataract surgery. The incision helps the doctor in liquefying and then vacuuming the centre portion of the lens, which is slightly harder than the rest of the lens.
- Device: The doctor will usually administer anaesthesia first and then make the tiny incision on one side of the cornea. Thereafter, an instrument or device will be inserted through this opening to send out ultrasonic vibrations to the eye. These vibrations will help in breaking the lens into tiny pieces. These fragments will be removed with the help of a suction that will go in through the tiny cut. This cut may also be made with the help of a laser beam.
- New Lens: Once the fragments of the old lens have been cleared, the doctor will go about the process of inserting the new man made lens which is usually made up of clear plastic, acrylic or even silicon, and is known as IOL or intraocular lens. This process is generally termed as intraocular lens implantation.
- Improved Vision: With the help of the new lens, the patient will now enjoy better vision and a visible decline in the symptoms of the cataract including problems in night driving.
- Convenient: This procedure usually takes about an hour and is an outpatient procedure. It is a completely safe procedure where numbing drops are placed on the eye so as to reduce any pain significantly. The doctor will usually give you a novocaine injection around the eye. Also, cataracts from both eyes will not be removed on the same day, and the doctor will schedule you for cataract removal from the second eye for another day.
- Aftermath: After the surgery is over, it is normal to feel some amount of irritation in the eye. If this irritation is persistent, you must see a doctor about it.
Painkillers like acetaminophen and ibuprofen can be used to recover from the pain after the surgery. Ask an ophthalmologist about other measures.