Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vidula JoshiYour feedback matters!
Hello, Actually I need some help for my girlfriend. We had sex around 2 weeks ago with a protection and now she's feeling like she is pregnant cuz she's suffering vomiting and dizziness etc. So my question is what's the best step we should take on this stage. I'm mentioning all the below details according to her only. Thanks.
Sir, My girlfriend's MC is last month 13 aug-17 Aug. Then after how many days after we can sex safely and no concept occur and no tension for pregnancy. Please tell after what date we can have sex safely without condom and no tension about pregnancy is issue. Please descriptions me briefly.
I am having pid problem, since 2011 august. Recently I am suffering from severe nerve pain (l5 s1 region right leg ), severe pain in my right knee, right ankle and foot for last two month.
First time IVF - tips for men
Preparing for an IVF cycle physically as well as emotionally is as important for men as it is for women. Additionally, if it's the first time you are opting for an IVF then it will help a lot if you prepare for it in advance. There are many issues to consider like your hormonal balance, sperm count, your general health, physical and emotional issues experienced by you and your partner during the process etc. Read on to find some effective tips that will ensure that you can smoothly complete the procedure and support your partner in doing so.
1. Gather information about the process
If you and your partner are opting for IVF for the first time then it will be beneficial for you both to know about the process first. It always helps if you are familiar with the uncertainties involved and prepare yourself to face any complexities arising during the cycle.
2. Seek emotional support from family and friends or join a support group
You should build a small supportive social circle of family and friends for yourself and your partner to deal with the stress and emotional changes experienced during the process. Alternatively, joining an online infertility support group also proves to be effective.
3. Opt for fertility cleansing
Fertility cleansing for men is as important as it for women as it ensures a healthy hormonal balance. The simplest steps would be to abstain from using plastic containers for eating and drinking, consuming organic food and fertility boosting foods as well as not having soy-based food products or alcohol.
4. Provide proper nourishment to your body
For this ask your doctor to suggest a diet which will boost male fertility and ensure better sperm health. Moreover, you can have multivitamin supplements to get essential minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. Also, keep yourself hydrated by consuming at least 8 glasses of clean water every day.
5. Look after yourself and your partner
Ensure that you and your partner remain fit and healthy during the cycle by consuming a healthy diet. To keep stress at bay try exercising for 30 minutes daily or opt for fertility yoga or regular meditation. You may also think about seeking the help of a counsellor to strategically deal with the process. According to your preferences decide whether you want to have the counselling session with or without your partner.
My wife had a pain in waist on last night and her period date is 7 and there is no period today also and she had a pain on uterus also so tell me wht is the reason.
I'm having an seasonal itching problem at the joint of my legs near scrotum from a long period of 1-1.5 years I want to cure it totally forever.
I am a female, age is 27 years. My left fallopian tube is seems likely blocked. Can I conceive with this problem or if not then what is the treatment.
What is suvarnaprashana?
The process in which swarna bhasma (ash of gold) with other herbal extracts taken in the form of semi liquid and given to the children through their mouth is called asswarnaprashana, suvarnaprashana, swarnamritha prashana or swarna bindu prashana.
It’s a unique method of immunization which helps the children to boost up the intellectual power and produces non specific immunity in body to fight against general disorders.
It is also helpful even to the special children with autism, learning difficulties, attention deficit, hyper activity, delayed milestone etc.
For what period it should be done:
Daily dose of swarna bindu prashana should be given for minimum of 1 month to maximum of 3-6 months.
Monthly once for minimum of 30 months to maximum of 90 months on the day of pushya nakshatra (pushya nakshatra day comes once in 27 days)
Time and duration to give suvarna prashan:
Every day morning in the empty stomach or on the day of pushya nakshatra. The drops should be given by the parents to the baby in empty stomach.
Dosage of suvarna prashan drops:
Birth to 2 year – 2 drops
2 to 16 years – 4 drops
Age of children who can take suvarna prashan:
From birth up to the age of 16 years.
Benefits of suvarna prashan:-
1. Immune system towards diseases becomes stronger.
2. Increases physical strength. And growth of the baby.
3. Grasping power, analysis power and recall memory becomes sharper.
4. Improves digestive power.
5. Tones up skin colour and texture.
6. Protects the baby from different kinds of allergies.
Importance of suvarna prashan:-
Maharshi kashyapa says suvarna prashana improves intelligence, digestive fire and physical power. It gives long, spiritual, holy and saintly life. It gives rejuvenative effects and tone ups the skin. It improves immunity in a way so that the child is prevented from bacterial and viral infections. Regular use of suvarnaprashana helps in such a way that, the child gets best immunity to defeat diseases. Regular use of suvarnaprashana make child very intelligent and he can remember all heard by him.
Mode of action of suvarna prashan
Gold is considered as very precious in ayurveda. When swarna is converted into swarna bhasma as explained in ayurveda, it would possesses following properties:-
- Swarna bhasma has moisturizing & unctuous effect on body.
- It is madhura, rejuvinative and immunity booster.
- Improves complexion and growth of the body.
- Does detoxification of the body.
- Has ability to treat different fevers like vishajwara, aantra jwara and general weakness.
- It has been proved that swarna bhasma possesses anti oxidants, anti depressants, anti cancerous, antibacterial anti rheumatoid property.
- It also acts as nervine stimulant.
As we know a human brain grows rapidly in 1 to 16 years of life. Swarna bhasma accelerate the growth of brain and boost up its utilization capacity if swarna prashana is done during this phase.
Other drugs in it help to build immunity of the baby.
Also it has many benefits like improvement in concentration, grasping capacity, digestion and complexion.
Swarna bindu prashana underwent series of clinical analysis by many ayurvedic doctors and other associated hospitals. And we have found excellent results in increasing immunity and general health in a normal healthy baby.
Presentation of suvarna prashana drops:
Swarnaprashana drops are available in 5ml, 10ml presentation.
How to store the drops:
Drops should be kept in room temperature and should not be exposed to direct sunlight. Note that it should not be stored in refrigerator. Swarna prashana drops can be used for 5 years when stored in shade and in room temperature.
I was married 3 years ago. After marriage our first conceiving of baby was after a year of our marriage, we lost that baby due to miscarriage. Now she is not conceiving after that.
Hi I am married just one month back and I think that my breast shape is very small. And I feel lump in my breast. I am really worried is that a sign of cancer. Also I want to increase my beast size .pls help me how do I do it?
Hi, I am 16 weeks pregnant and I have done triplemarker test .That result is: trisomy 13/8 risk assessment: <1: 100000. And they have given low risk. Is it safe or dangerous I am worried about this. Please let me know.
I am diagnosed with endometriosis cyst which is of 4.5 cm in right side and around 4 cm in left side. Should I go for surgery?
Me 19 married weight 40 kg. Problem is white creamy discharge from vagina. Little itching. No swelling no redness no pain. Tell me any medicine.
*those suffering from diabetes and blood pressure should avoid potatoes, sweets, rice and salts.
*body tissues of arthritis patient starts to shrink, therefore, long exposure to cold winds should be avoided.
*the dietary habits of the children should be taken care. 60 per cent of carbohydrates, 15 to 20 per cent of fat and proteins should be consumed regularly. Food with high calorific value should be the part of the diet which includes oil, ghee, sugar and also jaggery. Normally in this season, children suffer from respiratory ailments like asthma, bronchitis and pneumonia. Therefore, citrus fruits like oranges and grapes should be avoided. While papaya, apples and banana should be the part of the diet
*every time you eat food, it should be fresh, well cooked and warm. Cold food should be avoided.
*pregnant women should take green leafy vegetables.
*non-vegetarians, boiled or roasted meat is suggested. Besides, oily and spicy food should be avoided.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome or PCOS is a condition in which a woman experiences fluctuation of hormone levels, estrogen, and progesterone which causes cysts in her ovaries, dysfunctional menstrual cycle, cardiac problem, fertility and changes in appearance. Hormones are chemical messengers that can trigger a number of issues in the body. Long term problems due to PCOS can be avoided with an early diagnosis and a proper treatment.
- Genetics and hormonal imbalance have been identified as the main causes of PCOS although the exact reason has not been discovered.
- Overproduction of androgen, a male hormone in a woman can cause small lumps in the ovaries, irregular development of eggs and abnormal insulin level.
The severity of the symptoms depends on the constitution of the person but the most common one is irregular periods. PCOS occurs when there is a decrease in sex hormones which can lead to the development of certain male features like:
- Deeper voice
- Growth of hair on face, toes, stomach, chest and back
- Reduction in breast size
- Loss and thinning of hair
There are other symptoms as well which can help one to determine the syndrome including:
- Oily skin leading to acne
- Irregular egg formation causing fertility problems and miscarriages
- Depression, anxiety and mood swings
- Hyperinsulinemia, that refers to the presence of too much insulin in the body which can cause obesity
- Difficulty in breathing while sleeping
The severity of the symptoms varies but if you are experiencing any of these problems, it is advisable to seek a professional consultation. A healthy lifestyle, regular exercise, nutritious diets are some of the preventive measures you can take. There are hormone regulating medicines and treatments that attempt to curb the condition but there is no permanent cure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Indian traditions are more like the first lessons which are taught by the elders of the house. These traditions are often followed without any doubts and questions. These traditions are not just followed for the sake of religious rituals but have deep rooted scientific reasons associated with the same.
Some of the interpretations of these rituals are as follows:
- Namaste: When we greet someone or meet someone for the first time we join both our hands in for Namaste. This is done out of sheer respect for the person. Doing Namaste activates the acupuncture points of the fingertips and helps us to remember the person.
- Ushapan: This is the practice of drinking water from a copper utensil. This helps in absorbing the extra heat of the body thereby maintaining the body temperature. The water should be kept overnight in the copper pot before drinking it. It is believed that drinking water from a copper pot helps in bowel movement, cleaning of the stomach and creating digestive juices.
- Sukhasan: When ones sits on the floor with crossed leg is referred to as sukhasan. When having food in this position then a person has to bend and eat as they might have to move up and down while eating. When this happens the stomach is pushed while bending and the back is straight before taking the next bite. This movement leads to muscular movements thereby helping to produce digestive juices and aids in swallowing as well.
- Vamakukshi and shatapawali: Vamakukshi is referred to as the afternoon nap post lunch. Sleeping on the left side helps in the digestion of the food. Though prolonged sleeps can make a person lazy, a quick 10 minutes nap is recommended as it allows a person to be fresh. Shatapwali means taking 100 steps, to be more appropriate it is the walk after dinner. This helps in the digestion of food as the gas created after consuming food is moved and the pressure in the chest is reduced. The above terms literally explain the famous praise, "After lunch sleep a while, after dinner walk a mile."
- Ear piercing: Though ear piercings are looked at as a fashion ornament, but as per the Hindu traditions these help in decision making, thinking abilities and intellectual development and also to some extent an acupressure point. It is ideal to get a baby's ear pierced by the 12th day of her birth, as it is believed that getting ears pierced early leads to acquiring the quality of minimal speech.
- Touching feet of elders: This is known as one of the best exercises as it aids in blood circulation, helps in stretching and pushing the organs, improves excretion and digestion and strengthens the physique. It is also believed to transfer an aura and positive energy from the person whose feet are being touched. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
Many women develop uterine fibroids by the time they hit the age of 50 years and above. These are non-cancerous growths that may occur in the uterus. Most women go through severe bleeding and pain as well as discomfort as a result of these fibroids. Age, family history of the same condition, obesity or being overweight, eating habits and even ethnicity play a large role in deciding the risk of each individual patient. These fibroids can grow in the submucosal, intramural and subserosal areas.
Following are the common side effects of uterine fibroids:
- Frequent urination: Due to the pressure of the fibroids on the uterus, the patient may experience a constant feeling of fullness in the lower pelvic area of the body, which may lead to frequent filling of the bladder. This gives rise to frequent trips to the washroom for urination.
- Heavy Bleeding: Severe bleeding is one of the most common causes of the presence of these kinds of fibroids. The patient may experience a lot of bleeding during menstrual periods, as well as pain and cramps the rest of the time. The periods will also be very painful when there are fibroids in the uterus or the uterine lining.
- Painful Intercourse: It is a well-known fact that any kind of infection or growth as well as sores and other such ailments can lead to vaginal dryness as well as pain during sexual intercourse. This is true for uterine fibroids as well, which can lead to severe pain during sexual activity. These fibroids can also give rise to pain in the lumbar or lower back region.
- Abdomen Swelling: The abdomen may go through significant swelling in such a condition and the patient may even look like she is pregnant. The growth can push the shape of the abdomen outwards and create a full feeling.
- Pregnancy Complications: The presence of uterine fibroids can give rise to several complications during pregnancy and even after child birth. One of the most common problems in this case is bleeding, followed by more severe outcomes like miscarriage. The women suffering from uterine fibroids are at greater risk of undergoing a caesarean section for the delivery of the baby. The baby may also be born breech and a premature delivery may take place.
- Infertility: This is also a rare side effect of the uterine fibroids and is generally seen only in very severe cases.
- Cancer: Only one in every 1000 cases might transform into malignant tumours. These uterine fibroids are generally known to be non-malignant.
Any symptoms must be reported to a gynaecologist at the earliest to avoid any serious complications.