Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vidhya JoshiYour feedback matters!
My wife had taken I pill before 72 hrs after unprotected sex. Her period has to come on 15 may but not. She feel fatique not feeling hungry for the last week. She done test with pregnancy test kit using urine and it was positive. Wht should be done to stop the pragnancy. One month is completed.
My wife deliver baby boy last Wednesday. Doctor recommended Shelcal 500 once in a day for 3 months. Which iron or calcium supplement should be given to her in addition to shelcal 500 Pls advice.
Zinc deficiency is one epidemic that people are mostly unaware of. As per the data shared by World Health Organization, around 31% of the world population is suffering from zinc deficiency. The problem is also ranked 5th in the leading factors that cause several diseases. It is also a primary reason why underdeveloped nations suffer from high mortality rate as zinc deficiency is associated with child pneumonia and diarrhea.
Every person, young or old, needs to have a regular intake of zinc for a healthy life, which it is known as an essential nutrient. It is also present in every cell, tissue, bone and fluid in the human body; zinc is especially prevalent in male semen and prostate glands.
Common Symptoms Of Zinc Deficiency
Unfortunately, millions of people suffering from zinc deficiency are unaware of their condition. However, looking out for certain key indicators can help in identifying the problem before it becomes severe. Here are the common symptoms of zinc deficiency that everyone must look out for:
- Poor Neurological Function - Zinc is an absolute necessity for neuropsychologic performance and growth. Low levels of zinc lead to attention disorders in infants, which may persist till the adulthood. But, it doesn’t mean you will start pumping your kids with an overdose of zinc. It has been found that zinc is absorbed best with other nutrients and especially when taken with whole foods.
- Weak Immunity - Your immune function works best when it has an adequate amount of zinc. It is vital for the growth of T-Cell and differentiating white blood cells to keep diseases at bay. Zinc is also necessary for the structural component of the hormone receptors. They contribute exponentially to have a healthy and balanced immune function.
- Diarrhea & Leaky Gut - Impaired immunity causes zinc deficiency diarrhea, which can become a persistent health problem. Every year diarrhea affects nearly 2 million children worldwide, and most of them are suspected to have a zinc deficiency and bacterial infection. Leaky gut, also called intestinal permeability can lead to a slew of health problems like skin allergies, thyroid problems, and nutrient malabsorption.
Zinc Rich Foods You Must Include In Your Diet
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms shared above, then you might be suffering from the zinc deficiency. To improve the level of zinc in your body, you can either take all natural zinc supplements. But, supplements usually contain several forms of zinc like zinc sulfate, zinc acetate and more. Thus, it is better to include the below-shared foods in your diet, which contain a high amount of zinc:
- Pumpkin seeds –1/2 cup: 8.4 mg
- Grass-fed Beef – 4 oz: 5.2 mg
- Lamb – 4 oz: 5.2 mg
- Cashews – 1/2 cup: 3.8 mg
- Chickpeas (Garbanzo beans) – 1 cup cooked: 2.5 mg
- Mushrooms – 1 cup cooked: 1.9 mg
- Chicken – 4 oz: 1.6 mg
- Kefir or Yogurt – 1 cup: 1.4 mg
- Spinach – 1 cup cooked: 1.4 mg
- Cocoa powder – 1 Tbsp: 0.4 mg
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
I am 23 years old. I have 3-4 lumps in my breast. Can this indicate any serious problem? I am taking anti epilepsy medicines as I am suffering from epilepsy. Please help.
25 yr old lady p1 l1developed DVT while on low dose OCpills to regularise cycles&for contraception.She is a case of PCOD , conceived first child with CC.She is on ecospirin150mg od now.She has continuous bleeding now since one month after 3 month amenorreoa.Her cyccles before 1st childbirth were also like this.She also 1 iud with severe PIH in 1st pregnancy.She could be acase of APLAB syn.Suggest investigation& drugs/methods to control bleed&also for contraception
My girlfriend is 19 years old. She stays away from my place. When we meet. We have a lot of physical touchings. Romance but not sex. I just play with her breast. Liplocks etc. But after this she will have a delayed menses. So what she should do for normal menses to occur.
I'm 27 year women my last period was on 8 May. I had unprotected sex with my husband on 20, then on 26th, 28, 30 may and on 3rd june. I not even had any kind of contraceptive pills. Even though I got my periods on 4th june and my periods lasted only for one day. Is there still a chances of me getting pregnant now should I go for pregnancy test. Please inform. Thank you.
Bariatric surgery is a procedure that involves modifications to the digestive system so that the food intake can be restricted or the nutrients absorbed by the body is reduced. This surgery is recommended when exercise and diet may not cause the desired results with weight loss. Bariatric surgery is a group of surgeries that are procedure to reduce weight in the body.
The various types of surgeries that come under this category are:
- Gastric bypass: The most common bariatric surgery, gastric bypass is a procedure used to reduce the size of the stomach pouch in the body. Once the size is reduced, it leads to reduced consumption of calories. This procedure also causes alterations in the behavior of the gut hormones resulting in appetite reduction.
- Adjustable gastric band: This procedure involves placing an inflatable band around the upper stomach to make a small stomach area above the band. This causes one to feel full just after eating a small amount of food.
- Sleeve gastrectomy: In this procedure, almost 80% of the stomach area is removed surgically, resulting in a small stomach pouch being left. It reduces the stomach size, which cause an overall reduction in the amount of calories. Modifications also occur in the behavior of the gut bacteria linked with reduced appetite.
- Biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch: This procedure involves surgical removal of a large area of the stomach along with bypassing a major portion of the smaller intestine. This procedure may reduce fat absorption of up to 70%. The behavior of the gut hormones change resulting in a decrease in appetite and improved satiety.
Various complications may result from this surgery such as -
- May cause infections in the body
- Clots may form in the blood
- It can result in bowel problems
- Ulcers can form in the stomach
I am 36 years old and my pap test has gave" mild inflammatory smear" report. There is fowl smell in my vaginal fluids, I want to meet good gynecologic doc in Hyderabad. Please suggest a good lady doc.
Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex after the 10 days of her periods but immediately an hour after she took emergency contraceptive pill. Can she get pregnant?
I am 30 year old female, I want to know in about pcos. I have heard that cysts is not permanent in pcos, it can go also. I have no cysts but haven't got my menstrual also.
What should be the precautions after saheli pills starts. How much time we must avoid direct intercross?
Sir 20/3/16 ko periods date tha jo miss ho gya, ab kitne din ke bad test kerna chaiya? Pregnancy ka at first symptoms kya hoge?
There are multiple intramural posterior wall uterine fibroids largest 13×14 mm 14×9 mm 13×13 mm in the fundus the cervix is male bulky measures 3.2 cm.
My name is Barkha I'm 30 years old I'm 8 months pregnant started on 7th oct I'm having swelling on hands nd now my bp level is vry high my Dr. told me to control on salty products give me the best suggestion I'm worried.
Der Doc, I got married three years passed but no baby loosing interest in intercourse. Please suggest me good medicine to get more power when I intercourse with my wife, please help me DOC. Regards
There was no intercourse but genital rubbing. There was pre-cum present. He pee after last ejac.(lessening sperm count). Is preg. possible from the pre-cum?
For heat boils and digestion, take one tablespoon of curd and mix in 1 litre of water skim properly then filter this buttermilk, pour in vessel, cut a medium sized onion and soak for half an hour to one hour in butter milk and drink the butter milk for 2-3 times in a day.
Excess facial hair growth in a woman results from a condition known as the hirsutism. The growth in hair pattern is exactly similar to that of an adult male. Areas, where abnormal hair growth is visible, are chest, above the lips, etc. These hairs are dark, but fine in nature. They are more commonly known as peach fuzz.
There could be a number of reasons for excess facial hair in a woman:
- Genetic reasons: Women from the Indian sub-continent or Mediterranean region are more likely to have facial hair as compared to their American, European and East-Asian counterparts. One of the common reasons for facial hair growth is genetics. It is a trend that runs in the family, it is more likely that a woman will get it. There is not much that can be done in this case except managing the hair growth effectively.
- Imbalance of the hormone: Abnormal hormone production can lead to hirsutism. In many cases, there are conditions where female starts producing male hormones leading to abnormal hair growth in the face. One of the most common causes of facial hair growth is polycystic ovarian syndrome (POS). This again is a hormonal imbalance leading to facial hair growth. Even adrenal gland related disorders such as Cushing’s syndrome, Adrenal cancer and congenital adrenal hyperplasia can lead to excess hair.
- Medications: Certain medication can lead to excess hair growth in the face. For instance, the certain steroid such as anabolic can lead to excess hair growth. Minoxidil is also known to cause hirsutism if taken in excess of 1 ml per day. Other medication related to testosterone and cyclosporine can lead to excess facial hair in females. It is advised to follow the doctor’s advice before consuming any of these medicines.
- Androgens: Although androgen is a male hormone, it is present in minute quantities in women too. Facial hair increase is nothing, but the sudden increased production of androgen in a female. Even birth control pills can lead to an increased production of androgen in the body. In these cases, it is very important to seek medical advice.
Treatment and remedies:
One should get medical help at the earliest if one of these conditions matches their symptoms:
- The hair growth is sudden and abrupt.
- One witness male features such as increases muscle, acne and reduced breast size.
- Certain medication has led to the hair growth.
- Usage of shaving, plucking and depilatory cream
- Laser hair reduction procedure shows immediate results in stopping and countering any further hair growth.
- Electrolysis can be tried to permanently damage the follicles.
- Weight loss is another good solution to excess hair growth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.