Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Vibha DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
I AM DEPRESSED DUE TO MY GRADUATION INCOMPLETE BECAUSE I AM DOING JOB AND NOT ABLE TO MANAGE TIME. I AM GIVING EXAM EVERY YEAR BUT UNSUCCESSFUL
Stress has become a common problem in day to day life for a lot of people. Too much stress can result in premature aging and accumulation of free radicals within the body. Stress can also cause premature hair fall, wrinkles, exhaustion and frequent frustration. Ayurvedic therapies can counter stress and combat its physical toll on the body. Here is a list of few easy-to-follow Ayurvedic therapy techniques, which are extremely effective against stress:
- A stress-free start: It makes sense to start the day without any stress in mind. Ayurveda states that a full bowel movement is of paramount importance to start an effective day. Abhyanga, an oil message before having a bath, proves to be extremely effective. This should be followed by a 10-minute break so that the body can soak the oil. Lukewarm or hot water should be used to take bath. Some other yoga therapies such as pranayama, transcendental meditation, etc. can be practiced to get a head start on the day.
- Abhyanga: Abhyanga or an oil massage is a good stress resilient. In case there is a time crunch, neck, hand and feet region should be massaged to fetch great results. A moisturizing oil massage in these areas has a soothing effect on the body and mind.
- Meditation: It is a known fact that meditation by far is the best Ayurvedic therapy to counter stress. Over 600 studies have shown that meditation has a positive effect on stress. It can successfully cut down the cortisol hormone in the blood and the level of lactic acid in the body by increasing the level of serotonin. A 15-minute meditation schedule on a daily basis can do a world of good for people who are living a stressed life.
- Therapeutic aroma: It has been proven many times in the past that therapeutic aroma can successfully relieve stress in the short term. The choice of fragrance can be from the flower at home, aroma locket, aroma oil, perfume and so on. These aromas will not only give a feel-good factor throughout the day, but also ensure that the level of cortisol remains at an acceptable stage.
- Keeping hydrated: Keeping hydrated throughout the day is of prime importance to lead a stress-free life. Plenty of water along with time-to-time green tea relieves the nerve and has a soothing effect on the body. It is also necessary to forego beverages such as alcohol and coffee for long-term health benefits.
- Soothing music: Music has a profound impact on the nervous system, mind and on the overall human emotion. It creates a feel-good factor and relieves stress throughout the day.
Dear Dr. Due To confusion and negative thoughts, my weight is reduced, I can't sleep at all, I'm feeling very weak, having a chest pain, breathing difficulties, I can't concentrate on my work. Is it good for health? I'm male, underweight Age 29. But one Doctor suggested that it's good for health to prevent overweight or obesity.
Hello sir, I am studying, usually I study by the help of laptop, hereby which troubles my eyes, can I know any good suggestions regarding this. Moreover, some times I have head pain frequently, which makes trouble for vision.
Am a medical student. And preparing for AIPMT. Due to stress and burden of study my B.P increases between 130_135. Which lead to headache and laziness or also feeling of fever. So tell me best solution for this so I can continue my study without any disturbance.
From past few days, I am not able to concentrate on my studies. Can you give me some idea how to concentrate? And from last 2 week pimples is coming how to reduce this?
I'm just depressed all time help me, I'm 31 years male past 6 years I have this problem because of shit loved a one girl, she not worried about anything she just enjoying life she got married 5 times different guy, but I am not able to change like her, I'm always thinking her I can't able to concentrate another work, and I spoils my career no job, I'm lonely feel no one like me, what I do, I went outing but also I remembering my days fun with her that place, were ever go I am just thinking him, why it's happening to me? please help me, in scientifically possible to format our brain to get fresh mind.
Respected Sir, I am an Engineer, having my own business related to Agriculture and Gardening. I feel depressed most of the time, as I am on my own and have nobody to support or encourage during my business and financial depressions. My wife is a spend thrift who does't care about my financial problems. I have aged parents to take care. My only consolation is, my children are outstanding in their studies. But when I think about my future, I always feel a knot in my stomach and feel unhappy. I don't even get a sound sleep and have a very disturbed sleep. Even a slight sound makes me wide awake. I don't know what to do. What is my trouble and how to come out of this?
I am going through a very crucial phase of my life. Its almost 2 years to my marriage. We are leaving on lease separately and we both are working. We have no money, no saving or you can say nothing. My husband is very caring but not a responsible person. He do not understand the value of money. He is not at all sincere. He always used to do party with friends, giving all his money to his parents and then asking me to give money to him. I am very worried about my future. How do we think about a baby in such a situation? He won't understand all this. Sometimes I feel like dying. Please help me doctor. I want to be happy but how I do not know. I feel lyk totally tired or depressed. Please help.
My father has an illegal relationship with other woman. I and my mother try to stop it daily but are unsuccessful .we both are in serious depression. My condition is just to kill him or kill myself. My mom, she goes on thinks about it, cries for long hours and also suffering from sleeplessness. What to do? I need a best answer as soon as possible.
I have over sweating problem my shirt becomes to wet in outside even in winters I feel very upset during talking or sitting with friends I feel so frustrated that's why I quited to engage with every person please tell me how I diagnosed this hyperhidrosis.
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
Hi I am a 26 years old female. I am schizophrenic. What other healing methods are available apart from taking regular medicines?
I am in little depression nd I wnt get rid of this problem. I feel disturb all the time nd feel little scared from death.
Ok so i'm a 25 year old unmarried girl- singer and fashion blogger. In relationship with a divorced man (2 broken engagements earlier) with a 6 year old son. We fell in love and got engaged within a month. It's 2 years now and These days I'm full of negative thoughts and guilt and all tears. It was my birthday, and in his child's school a Mother's Day.(His parents and child live in Bangalore) we had made a 2 day holiday plan as relationship was getting worse each passing day. He chose to go visit son and spend time with him rather so he doesn't feel left out. I was thinking of first sorting things between us and then take step ahead. On my 25th birthday I was alone. He made me feel guilty that I don't care about child's emotions, I feel abandoned. Was my decision of not going without sorting our personal issues right? Or was it wrong on my part? Did he do the right thing by prioritising child over my emotions? I feel so lost n broken.
Strange personality disorders
Millions of people across the world are diagnosed as suffering from mental illness. And though most of those are disorders are common and well-known (such as depression, anxiety and phobias) there are also some unusual and bizarre disorders. For example:
1. Stockholm syndrome – typically seen in abducted hostages, this is where the captive shows signs of sympathy, compassion and loyalty towards the hostage taker. This occurs regardless of the way they have been treated – and even where they’ve been tortured or their life is under threat.
2. Lima syndrome – this is the opposite of the previous syndrome. It’s where the hostage taker is extremely concerned for the plight and wellbeing of the hostages.
3. Diogenes syndrome – this disorder is marked by severe self neglect, compulsive hoarding, reclusive tendencies, and keeping large numbers of animals at home.
4. Paris syndrome – this is very exclusive disorder … one restricted to japanese tourists in paris (it’s true!) the sufferer experiences a total mental breakdown when the city fails to meet their cultural expectations (paris is rarely as polite, romantic, peaceful and idyllic as the tourists had imagined). To cope with this experience, their embassy established a 24hr hotline to help those with the syndrome.
5. Jerusalem syndrome – people diagnosed with this particular disorder experience delusions and spontaneous psychosis after visiting a holy city. To date, all identified sufferers have had a history of mental illness, or some kind of psychosis.
6. Capgras delusion – in this rare disorder, the individual believes that a friend or family member has been abducted and replaced by an impostor (who looks identical to them). It is generally seen in those with schizophrenia, dementia, or some kind of brain injury.
7. Fregoli delusion – this is the exact opposite of capgras delusion. It is the false belief that numerous different people are actually one person who keeps changing their disguise.
8. Cotard delusion – a person suffering from this delusion believes that they don’t exist, are dead, are putrefying or have no blood or internal organs.