Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VehileYour feedback matters!
I was born in the month of 7, hence I got a small hole in my heart. But after 10 years doctors said I am alright. Now I am 30 years old. And want to conceive. Please tell me will it be a trouble in my pregnency. Or trouble to coniceve?
Hi, I am married 29 years of age. I had one abortion done 4 months before. Recently I had white discharge, I am not sure about that. Is it something serious? Please advice.
Due to sex, my wife feels her breast became large and heavy, as compared to her normal size. What should she do to get her normal size back?
I am a unmarried girl and I missed my periods after suffered from pox wt should I do to continue my periods.
My girl friend is two weeks late and she has done preganews test last evening and it turned up to positive is she really pregnant and can you suggest a safest abortion pills for her which I can get in any medical. Her age is 27.
Infertility in males is caused by various factors, the main factor is oligospermia or azoospermia which means that the patient is not having enough number of sperms in the body or the patient is not able to manufacture any sperms in the body, it can be caused by severe stress or if that patient is smoking or chain smoker or the patient is drinking too much or he is having problems with carbohydrates, proteins or vitamins.
This can be treated by taking proper medication and we at best doctors in Delhi recommend patients to improve lifestyle, do exercise, walk for 45 minutes in early morning and take proper diet so that the problem is treated from base root level.
Maximum number of infertile couples are having problem in males not in females, it is because when the male is not able to give good quality sperm for fertilization how then the pregnancy will take place.
So in order to treat male infertility it is important to visit Dr. Vinod Raina best sexologist in Delhi personally and the problem will be solved, you can call Dr. Vinod Raina top sexologist in India on 9871605858.
I'm three months conceive now. The whole day I'm tired and dizziness is always there. This is my second baby. For my first baby I was not tired this much. Is it normal? Help me out.
I am pregnant but I want no child Now so please consult me. How stop my pregnancy I am one month pregnant wife. Consult me.
Go out to enjoy the sunlight as it not only strengthens your bones but also boosts your immunity. It also elevates your mood. Let's enjoy the sun to bring shine in our life.
Ovulaion period k kitne din bad tk hoti Hain? Ovulaion date me sex krne se" XY"cromosome Fatilise hota hain? Ovulaion ka symtrom kya hain?
Hi. Dr.I had my sex on 4th july and she had her periods on 20 june. And we have done unprotected sex. Can it caused pregnancy of my wife? I hv'nt use any contraceptive pills. And my wife don't get periods yet. What to do?
Few days ago my sister felt pain in lower part of her stomach and felt like urinating. She found some blood in her urine. She immediately approached doctor who gave her antibiotic injection. After that she was ok. But today she again observed some blood in her urine but no pain. Kindly suggest what could be her problem? Is it Kidney infection or something else. There is a stone of 12 MM has been detected in her gal bladder.
I am 24 years old nd I'm 9 month pregnant I he itching problem in hands thighs with rashes I have applied cream and all but it s not curing what to do.
Can I take 2 aspirin with water to get my periods immediately. What other things can I do to prepare it by a week? My date is due in two weeks. I am 21 year old.
I m 33 weeks pregnant now and I don't feel any pressure on pelvic and not feel heavy at all. I had sonography in 29weeks and aal was ok. Sometimes I feel lot of movements but they are not strong at all.
My wife is 23 week pregnant I want to know about her best sleeping position we both r worrying about this and also want to know other precautions.
There are veins which carry blood from the various digestive organs to the liver. When there is an obstruction in the free flow of blood in the liver, it increases the pressure and is known as portal hypertension. This increased blood pressure stresses the blood vessels in the esophagus, stomach, and other digestive organs and results in internal bleeding.
What causes portal hypertension?
Cirrhosis is the most common cause of portal hypertension. The cirrhosis could be a result of excessive consumption of alcohol, chronic hepatitis, or thrombosis in the liver vessels. Blood clots in the portal vein are schistosomiasis ( a parasitic infection) are some other causes of portal hypertension. It is also important to know that in some cases, the causes of this condition remain unknown.
What are the symptoms?
Although, the symptoms of portal hypertension may not be very evident until you identify that there is some damage in the liver. the chances of developing a portal hypertension are increased if you suffer from a liver disease.
- Ascites, which is fluid accumulation in the abdominal cavity
- Bleeding in the abdominal vessels
- Blood in the stools and/or vomitus (black tarry stools or blood in the vomitus)
- Reduced platelet count
- Encephalopathy, fluid accumulation in the brain, which can lead to confusion and other issues
How can it be managed?
Once diagnosed, treatment of portal hypertension is at two levels.
At the first level, dietary and lifestyle changes and medical treatment should suffice.
- Alcohol, a street drug, and tobacco use should be completely stopped. Sodium and protein intake should be reduced.
- Avoid taking any over-the-counter medications without consulting a medical personnel.
- Have a good, balanced nutrition
- Medications like propranolol are given to control blood pressure
- Medications are also given to prevent internal bleeding
- If there is encephalopathy, then lactulose is given to clear confusion
- The ends of the bleeding vessels are tied and cut off (ligated) endoscopically, and this is known as sclerotherapy. Alternately, bands may be applied to the cut vessels to prevent further bleeding. This is known as banding.
If this first line does not work, then the next level of interventional therapy is initiated.
- TIPS, which is a transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt, which is a shunt that is placed into the liver to reduce pressure.
- Distal splenorenal shunt (DRSR) is when a shunt or link is created between the splenic vein and the left kidney vein. This also helps control variceal pressure and bleeding.
- Both these shunts are widely performed and require follow up once in 6 months to ensure they are performing well and without any blockages.
- In cases where a shunt is not possible, then devascularization is done. This involves removal of the bleeding varices.
- The fluid in the abdomen may be removed surgically by paracentesis.
- As a last option, a liver transplant surgery may also be considered.
So, while portal hypertension definitely is a serious medical condition, there are different levels of treatment. The important thing is to alert yourself once any symptoms set in. Early intervention always ensures minimal intervention and good prognosis.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!