Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Veetha Kabra
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Veetha KabraYour feedback matters!
I have had my mouth (oral, Right side of my jaw & check ) Cancer Tumer, stage 1, removed by surgery & under going Radition & Chemo, Please suggest me Aruyadic medicin as additional Precautions (so that it does not Relapces again) for oral cancer
I have tooth ache day before yesterday due to which I took a pain killer (bruffin). Now I have swelling and pain. What to do doctor?
Hello I am 20 year old. I have 2 crooked teeth on left and right side of mouth at equal distance which stop me from heartfull smile. So I want to know can it will be fixed and what time it takes to fix.
I have swelling gums and have got scaling done but there is no improvement. I have also been using gumex. There is also cuts in the swelling.
Hi doctor I am 26 year old mother and this question is about my 9 month old child is has a losemotion and I try many of medicine but no effect and one more thing her teeth's are come out any suggestion?
Past few days increased amount of saliva is forming in my mouth. While sleeping it fills my mouth with saliva. I do not have fever neither the feeling for vomiting but slight pain in neck and some times while burping it's feel like some thing is burning deep down the mouth. Please tell what is wrong with me even I hv started drinking a lot of water these days.
Sir I have squamous cell papilloma on my tongue back. It confirmed by biopsy and my doctor suggested it is not worries. But it is painful I want to ask you any treatment available. Thanks sir.
Poor dental habits often invariably lead to complicated dental issues and hence expensive treatments. And, to maintain the general good health of your teeth, brushing is not enough. It is very important to regularly floss too.
Difference between brushing and flossing: For those who consider brushing and flossing to be similar, here is where the difference lies. While you brush your teeth, it's only the surface that gets cleaned. But the dirt that gets accumulated between the gaps of your teeth can only be cleaned by using a thin nylon thread, and that process is known as flossing. Avoiding flossing can lead to cavities and decay and also gum diseases at times.
Benefits of Flossing:
- Reduces the risk of heart diseases: Periodontal diseases, that is, diseases of the teeth, gums and mouth, can lead to heart diseases. Thus maintaining oral health can reduce the risk of any major ailments manifold. It can also help you to avoid the risk of diabetes and high body mass index.
- Cleaner breath: Flossing cleans the dirt between the teeth that gets accumulated when we eat. The accumulated food, if not taken out, starts decaying and creates bacteria and results in bad breath, leaving a bad impression.
- Cleaner and glossier teeth: Flossing regularly keeps your teeth clean and white. It also makes your teeth gleam, making your smile more attractive.
- Keeps you healthy while you are pregnant: During pregnancy, some women suffer from enamel wear and gum diseases. Thus, flossing regularly even while you are pregnant can help you maintain your dental health.
Types of dental floss:
- Waxed and unwaxed dental floss: Waxed dental floss is much smoother than the unwaxed version, and as a result, moves more easily between the teeth. On the other hand, unwaxed dental floss can be a little rough to use in the beginning.
- Teflon floss: Made of Teflon, this type of floss is extremely easy to navigate between the teeth and rarely gets stuck between teeth.
- Thread floss: This one works just like the other flosses, but is simply made of a different material, that is, nylon.
- Tape Floss: As compared to the other type of flosses, this particular floss is a little thick and is suitable for people who have wider gaps between their teeth.
You can also stick to flossing aids for maintaining proper dental hygiene. They are usually perfect for people who find the conventional forms difficult to adapt to. However, such aids may be more expensive than regular flosses.
You can also use a toothpick or an interdental brush in case you wish to avoid flossing. Just make sure that the dirt comes out, no matter which method you take up! Keep Smiling!