Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Veena SuranaYour feedback matters!
Sir from last 1 month I am feeling a kind of stiffness in my mouth. And from one weeks I am feeling that my tooth are changing their shape inside. What should I do. I there any medicine for this?
Dear Doctors, I was indulged in a habit of eating pan masala and tobacco from last 4 years. Now I am determined to leave this habit permanently as my profession doesn't allows it. I have quit eating it from last 4 months. But now recently I observed some yellowish colour pigment in the teeth's of my lower jaw also I feel huge amount of sensitivity when I eat something. Kindly suggest some treatment. Thank you.
I had dental pain on left upper jaw and upper teethes. My dentist said it is not dental. He said it is due to sinus. I never had sinus before. I am 65. I had severe cold recently. The pain occurred during and before this cold. Tell me what may be the cause and remedy.
Sir mere muh me chale(ulcer) ho gaye h jo ki mit hi ni rahe kapya karke inhe sahi karne ka upay bataye.
Wisdom tooth eruption most often leads to little pain and discomfort. If you suffer such problem, prefer to go to a dentist to know the position of the tooth. They are mostly tilted or remain inside. They never help in chewing. So we suggest to extract it to prevent any damage to the adjacent tooth due to it.
I am 18 years old a boy and I am suffering from sensitivity in my tooth. I can't even drink a glass of cold water. What can I do?
A quite serious bacterial infection, diphtheria is caused by the Corynebacterium diphtheria. It usually tends to affect the throat and the mouth of an affected person, although there are other varieties which can infect your skin as well. However, the most common cases of diphtheria affect the throat and the mouth.
Symptoms of diphtheria in general
It may take up to five days for symptoms to show up when you are infected with the disease. Some of the symptoms would be:
- You neck would swell up due to swelling in the lymph nodes, especially in the neck
- Your throat and tonsils will develop a thick grayish membrane
- Your throat may become sore and hoarse
- You may face difficulty in breathing, depending on the size of the membrane and the resultant inflammation
- You may have difficulty swallowing as well
These are the primary symptoms which will affect your throat in general. Some of the other symptoms that may show up are:
- Nasal discharge
- Malaise or a general feeling of discomfort
The parts of your body, which are affected the most tend to be your throat, tongue and the neck. The pain tends to persist for quite some time as you recover.
Causes of diphtheria
Diphtheria is usually spread by the following methods
- Airborne droplets: This is possibly the most common method of contracting the disease. This usually happens when a person is infected with diphtheria coughs or sneezes around you. The airborne droplets then travel from one person to another, transmitting the infection. This is particularly the case in crowded area such as public transport and public spaces.
- Touching personal items which may be infected: Touching used towels, paper tissues or drinking from an unwashed glass may cause an infection as well. These tend to happen mostly in an indoor setting such as offices and houses. Even toys, door and equipment handles can cause transmission of this virus.
If you are showing any of these symptoms, it is prudent to consult a doctor immediately as diphtheria, if left untreated, may also result in serious complications.