Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
I have a serious dandruff problem. I use ketomac 2% shampoo once or twice a week and different hair oils like olive, coconut etc. But the dandruff isn't reducing. Can you consider something better or important? What should I do?
I had problem of stretch marks on my shoulders and on hand joints. Because of doing workout in gym how can rid out of stretch marks. Which is the best medication.
I am suffering from allergy and every morning I used to sneeze so much and I have done so much clinical tests but I didn't get any relieve .pls suggest me what should I do?
Hello sir/mam I m 22 year old boy. I have a rough sensitive oily skin also pimple and acne prob since 6 year. I have try many product and consult many of my city dermatologist but not so good improvement. I am too worry about my skin also I have a shave irritation problem. My face shaving hair not so grow well some of my shave part are blank look like ridiculous plez suggest me some useful tips for my good look thank you.
Hii I'm having lots of marks in my face and I want to use good CTM for my face. Can you kindly suggest me the best CTM which is easily available in market. And what should I do to make my face clear and glow?
beard hair growth oil, can we use this oil is it suit for all type of skins I saw this in filipkart shop it's really works or not? Any side affects.
Hello sir I am a teenager I have many pimples and black dots on my face these pimples are of dark red colour and my back is also have many pimples I try lemon on my face. What should I do?
Most people lose about 50 to 100 strands of hair each day. Yet, the thinning of scalp hair is almost unnoticeable owing to the simultaneous hair growth filling up the vacant spots. But permanent hair loss occurs if the cycle of shedding and growth is disrupted or the hair follicle is damaged and substituted with a scar tissue.
Few possible causes can be-
- Genetic factors: Genetic factors bring about gradual hair loss in both the sexes; resulting in bald spots and a receding hairline in men and the thinning of hair among women. Hereditary factors also determines the age at which you could start losing hair.
- Medical conditions: Medical conditions such as hormonal imbalances attack the body’s immune system, thus resulting in damaged hair follicles, scalp infections such as ringworm, skin disorders and hair pulling disorder, a psychological condition that causes people to pull out hair from the scalp, eyebrows or other parts of the body.
- Medications: Hair loss can be caused due to intake of certain drugs, such as the ones for birth control or for treating high blood pressure, heart problems, depression, arthritis or cancer. Consumption of excessive Vitamin A can cause hair fall as well.
- Stress: Physical and emotional stress can cause hair loss. Surgery, high fevers, and blood loss can cause enough stress to cause excessive shedding. Childbirth can result in hair loss for several months after delivery. As for psychological stress, the link is less well defined, but many people have reported losing hair at times of extreme mental stress or anxiety.
- Other Possible Reasons: Other reasons such as radiation therapy to treat cancer, emotional or physical trauma, surgery, extremely high fever or sudden and excessive weight loss can all contribute to hair loss. Hair styling equipment and other chemical based treatments are some of the other triggers of hair loss.
- Anemia: Anemia (insufficient red blood cells in the blood), Polycystic Ovarian syndrome (a condition marked by enlarged ovaries and the formation of tiny cysts on the outer edges of the ovaries), thyroid disorders or pregnancy can also result in hair loss.