Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Vasant JhiaYour feedback matters!
Sir, I am married woman and want a surrogate baby, we both have no problem but why I want surrogate baby because I am very weak and I was suffering from some problem so I won't be able to carry so please suggest me for surrogates baby
Did you know that metabolism functions within a scope that goes beyond just maintaining your body weight? This chemical process is also subject to a number of complications and disorders, and can wreck your system without your knowledge. Mineral Metabolic Disorder is one such impediment that can easily corrupt your body and is characterized by an abnormal and unprecedented rise or fall of the level of minerals in the blood. This may result in a number of cardiovascular and bone diseases.
Minerals undoubtedly play an extremely vital role in the proper regulation of the body conditions and aid and abet growth and development. However, under certain (and mostly unforeseen) circumstances, the mineral levels have a propensity to differ substantially from the normal rates and may lead to several disorders.
- Mineral metabolic disorders may be genetic in certain cases, being transferred from the parent to the child via genes.
- However, most mineral metabolic disorders are likely to arise as a result of certain clinical conditions pertaining to starvation, excess alcohol consumption,diarrhea and diet disorders.
The most commonly observed and medically documented complications affecting metabolism as a result of sudden augment or fall in the following minerals are:
- Magnesium: hypomagnesaemia and hypomagnesaemia
- Calcium: nephrocalcinosis, hypercalcemia, osteoporosis, kidney stones, Paget's disease, osteomalacia, pseudohypoparathyroidism, rickets and hyperparathyroidism
- Iron: hemochromatosis and cirrhosis
- Phosphorus: hypophosphatemia, osteomalacia, hyperparathyroidism, hypoparathyroidism and rickets.
- Sodium: hypernatremia and dilutional hyponatremia
- Zinc: nausea, skin rash, diarrhea, and difficulty in wound healing
- Copper: Menkes syndrome and Wilson's disease
- Potassium: Cushing's syndrome(from exposure to high levels of cortisol), Fanconi's syndrome, Bartter syndrome, Addison's disease and kidney disease.
The ideal remedy to battle the majority of mineral metabolism disorders is to maintain a healthy lifestyle and follow a proper, filling, and balanced diet. In case the diseases crop as a result of genetic factors, consult your doctor immediately. However, in most cases, proper medication and a wholesome and nourishing food intake is recommended to fight most mineral metabolic diseases.
I am 19 years old female. And I have been in a physical relationship for 3 months I have also taken pills 2 times because we haven't use protection. This month my periods didn't came after checking the result was positive and I don't want to get pregnant what should I do. Please tell! Thankyou.
Am diabetic and still dont have kids.i have hypothyroidism and also my periods are not regular.i want to have kids.
Whether a women is pregnant, she has a periods or not? If yes, after how many time she dosent have a periods?
Hi Doctor me and my boyfriend had sex last month on date 2march during intercourse he released the sperm inside of my vagina my periods date is on 26 I took option72 medicine after 2 days of involving in sex still I didn't get periods I have done pregnancy test 4 days back results came negative but still I didn't get periods Please Doctor Suggest me what to do I am getting tense is it a signal that I am pregnant please Doctor Suggest me with medicine or anything else that how to get periods Thanks Doctor.
There are 10 classic strategies to be used during pregnancy that can support the health and well-being of mom and baby, and keep the prana and apana vata in balance.
1. Favor Your Cravings. The most important advice is to eat what you naturally desire. Follow a well-balanced diet, with meals including adequate amounts of protein, healthy starch and veggies. Remember, you are eating for two body types, so you should not follow a strict diet for one body type. Honor your unique cravings in moderation, especially after the fourth month when the cravings you experience are more likely those of the baby.
2. Balance Vata. The major theme during pregnancy is to balance vata, the energy of the nervous system. This is best done with a diet of fresh, plant-based, whole or sprouted grains and non-processed foods. Warm, freshly cooked foods with healthy oils of olive, ghee and coconut are good. Avoid eating leftovers as much as possible.
3. Foods to Avoid:
Hot spicy foods
Uncooked leafy greens – as they can cause gas.
Undercooked beans and lentils – which can also cause gas.
Artificial flavors, preservatives and chemical additives
4. Enjoy These Three Tastes. The three tastes that balance vata are sweet, sour and salty. During pregnancy the sweet taste should be most emphasized, because it is the most sattvic or wholesome for the baby. This includes sprouted breads or those cooked without oils, whole grains, rice, fruits and healthy starches like sweet potatoes, quinoa, cooked beets and carrots. These foods are emphasized on the Winter Grocery List.
5. The Right Milk Does a Baby Good. Drink warm, vat-pasteurized (heated under 135 degrees F), non-homogenized milk with ghee made from grass-fed cows. One cup of warm milk with a teaspoon of ghee twice a day is said to boost immunity and the complexion, or “ojas,” of the baby.
6. Daily Massage with an Ayurvedic Herbalized Massage Oil. These oils feed the microbiology on the skin, as well as calm the skin-based sensory nervous system of the mom. The calmer the mom, the calmer the baby. This can be self-massage, or an opportunity to get massaged by a loving partner. Gently massage the abdomen and, in the 8th and 9th months, spend extra time on the nipples to prepare for nursing.
7. Five Tips to Conquer Morning Sickness:
1. Roast cardamom seeds, powder them and eat a small pinch through the day.
2. Snack on dry crackers or toast. It helps to always keep a little food in the stomach.
3. Temporarily eat from the Spring Grocery List or Kapha-Reducing Diet.
4. Sip tea made of 1/4 tsp. ginger powder and/or fennel seeds and hot water.
5. Try sleeping in a semi-reclined position by putting a pillow between the box spring and the mattress.
8. Get Gentle Daily Exercise. A great way to get this is to walk for 30 minutes each day.
9. Rest Up. In the 8th month, you should get as much rest as possible. This is a delicate time when the subtle nutrient fluid called “ojas” that supports vitality, complexion and immunity is passed between the mother and baby.
10. The MOST important pregnancy principle is to remember to be happy. The partner’s job during this time is to keep the mama-to-be happy. Of course, the mom must practice daily acts of happiness as well. The partner should avoid travel, be home in the evenings and fulfill every desire of the mother-to-be.
I am married 4 months ago. From 2 months i am not having periods. I am not conceived yet. Is there any problem for me to conceive with this irregular periods ?
She say its hurting while I change pose of sex and during sex her vaginal lubrication stopped is it normal.
Hi I really wanted to know that if I do sex with my girlfriend will his future hubby will know about our sex can really anyone find out that she has been fucked before.
Sir, I am 32 years old and my husband is 34. We got married last year and not planning for baby yet. We are going to plan next year. Is there any suggestion for us because we are going to plan our first baby. I am little afraid of age factor. As I heard it may effect for conceiving? please hlp.
Why nipple discharge happens. Having Normal period. Negative UPT. Doctor prescribed cabergoline. Please tell me all about these. CAN SHE BE NORMAL AGAIN OR IS IT OF HIGHLY BAD SITUATION?
Hi, My daughter who is almost 11 years old has small bulge (swelling like a hump) in breast which when she touches feels hard but no pain, the other breast is normal. It's not paining her. If she presses breast feel little pain. I am afraid of what it would be. Please suggest me what to do.
Im 25 years female and my problem is regarding periods ,its not happening every months and delay for 15 days or 1 month . I concerned with so many doctors but aft stopping their medicines same problem is happening , what I do ?
Hello doc I had sex with ma partner dat too without precaution last month like 29th I have taken ipill too but still didn't get the periods. Today morning I did pregnancy test result was negative but I am worried so please suggest me and help me out weather I have to take ipill or any other medicine again please suggest me. Please suggest the tablet.
A menstrual cup is a flexible cup designed out of medical grade silicone or rubber, which can be inserted inside the vagina. It is not used for absorbing blood; rather it collects the menstrual blood.
Advantages of menstrual cups over tampons
- Tampons are disposable. Menstrual cups can be cleaned, rinsed and reused.
- Need not be changed after every few hours. One can go without changing a menstrual cup for more than 12 hours.
- Easier to use compared to a tampon. The insertion is smoother and it is generally not very uncomfortable if insertion is done correctly.
- The menstrual cups need not be replaced frequently. Tampons however are needed in large numbers every month.
- Tampons absorb almost all the vaginal fluid, leaving it dry and prone to irritation. Menstrual cups on the other hand, leave the beneficial bacteria in place and maintain vaginal pH.
- Menstrual cups help prevent menstrual odours as it is present internally.
Reasons why you should use menstrual cups
Menstrual cups rarely cause allergic reactions, unlike tampons. One menstrual cup lasts an entire day, month and even years. They are also the most environment friendly choice as there is no need to dispose them after every use. They prevent staining, leakage and do not increase muscle cramps. There is no risk of TSS (Toxic Shock Syndrome) from menstrual cups, which is a major risk from leaving tampons inside the body for too many hours. Menstrual cups are also helpful if you are a swimmer. They don’t make things difficult for you at all. Menstrual cups are made from 100% medically approved silicone and not cotton or rayon. If you are unable to use tampons, you may choose menstrual cups as the insertion is generally smoother. However, it completely depends on individual preference. Menstrual cups also reduce the bulk of having to carry like sanitary napkins during travel, and urgent needs to change. Thus it makes a long journey worry free. No matter what protective measures you take, remember to be comfortable. Try and maintain a diet rich in nutrients, that can help regulate the blood flow and prevent painful blood clots. Also, it is important to remain physically active to prevent muscle cramps and back pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
If a person is naturally aborted within 3 weeks of pregnancy, will that cause delay in period for the next month? No medical way of abortion is done, will the aborted thing block in period way? Its been almost 1.5 months no symptoms or bleeding of any preg or anything, totally fine, just period is away. Kindly let know can doctor find tht I am. Aborted in any way using scan or anything?
i was diagnosed with PCOD in 2012. and still is suffering from that. due to which im sometimes suffering from mental instabilities such as depression, loss of temper. not only this it results in skips of the mensuration cycles. what should i do in consideration of the diet and also weight loss?
The nasal septum divides the nose into two nostrils or airways. When this septum is defective in structure or position, it can cause several physical difficulties like breathing problems, sleep apnea, bleeding, sinusitis, etc. The surgery to correct the nasal septum is known as septoplasty. The surgery is very common and has a high rate of success.
Reason: When the bone and cartilage separating the two chambers is crooked and deformed, it prevents the air from flowing properly through either one of the nostrils. People suffering from this condition often breathe through their mouth and this leads to respiratory tract infections. So, the septum is fixed with the help of septoplasty.
- First, your medical history is taken. A thorough physical examination is conducted and the nose is photographed from the inside and the outside. You may also be asked to avoid medication like ibuprofen, naproxen and aspirin for a few days since these can increase the bleeding after surgery.
- Septoplasty is performed under general or localized anesthesia and takes about 90 minutes. Incisions are made on the inside of the nose and the mucus membrane is lifted.
- Then, the pieces of cartilage that are affecting normal functioning are repositioned or removed.
- If the nasal bone is causing the septum to be wrongly aligned, then cuts are made on the bone and it is positioned correctly.
- Sometimes, cartilage grafts (called spreader grafts) are put in between the upper nose cartilage and the septum to widen the narrow nostril.
- After this, the mucus membrane is put back in place and stitched.
Post- surgical care: A nasal support is put inside the nose to help it heal and keep it straight. The support is removed after two days but there may be swelling and occasional nasal discharge for a few days. The tissues and cartilage become stable within 4 to 6 months. You are asked not to blow your nose or cough and sneeze too much as these might displace the nasal support. The head is to be kept at a higher level than the rest of the body while sleeping and physically demanding exercises are to be avoided in order to prevent nosebleeds.
Risks: Septoplasty is not performed if the patient had high level of blood sugar or high blood pressure. It is also delayed in case of any kind of infection in the nose, mouth or in the respiratory tract.