Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Varsha LunkadYour feedback matters!
Sir my mom is suffering from breast tumor and 2 nd time she got operated. In july 2015. And now she got weakness in whole body. And itching where she was operated. Guide me what to eat to cure her weakness.
Hi, me and my bf had a sex last month with protection but in last we removed protection and had sex, but he didn't ejaculate, and I got my periods a bit delay of 3-4 days, now will I get pregnant.
I am 37 years of old and 15 weeks pregnant. I have done my nt\nb scan in 14 weeks 2 days. Result is both nt and nb is 2.8 mm. My radiologist say it's bit short. I little concern and want to abort the child bcoz it's shows down syndrome pls help help me.
Hello sir/madam, My wife is pregnant from 2 month. But she has a complications of type-2 diabetes before 6 month. But now a days the sugar level is normal I.e. 128 mg at fasting. Again she is having increasing t3 & t4 level with constant decrease of TSH. So tell me sir is she eligible for mother or not and is there any risk in her pregnancy.
Im 21 yr old grl. I had my periods 22days late. N it started after I took homeopathy medicine. For frst 2days it had normal flow. Bt on 3rd n 4th day I had jst some spotting. Im worried can I still b pregnant. It was for the frst tym whn my periods were 20 days late. Plzz help me.
Top 10 ginger health benefits
Here are the top ginger health benefits proven by medical studies:
1. Stroke and heart disease
Two of the biggest killers on the planet may be kept at bay with regular ginger use, especially when eaten with other key superfoods. Garlic, ginger and onions all have an anti-blood-clotting ability, yet when they’re eaten together they’re a powerful mainstay against heart attacks and stroke!
2. Indigestion and nausea
Whether we’re talking about curing a simple tummy ache or severe morning sickness, ginger has been used for thousands of years as an effective digestive aid and natural remedy for nausea. Recently, taiwanese researchers discovered that three capsules (1.2 grams total) of ginger can actually help the stomach release its contents into the small intestines in people with dyspepsia — a condition in which 40 percent of patients suffer from abnormally delayed gastric emptying.
This is one reason why ginger helps people who are bloated, constipated and have other gastrointestinal disorders. It relaxes the smooth muscle in your gut lining and helps food move along throughout the system.
Key takeaway: eating whole ginger, drinking fresh ginger juice and inhaling diffused ginger essential oil are all highly effective ways to curb stomach disorders.
Proper food transport (and nutrient absorption) from the mouth out through your colon is the mainstay to health. If food gets stuck somewhere in between, it can ferment, rot or (even worse) cause obstruction, which is a life-threatening emergency.
Improper digestion can also cause improper assimilation of the nutrients in your food. Either way, both cause malabsorption, and your body suffers from nutrient deficiencies. This is why ginger is so important. Like we’ve seen above, it helps promote regular digestion and metabolism of your food and is largely responsible for promoting a strong immune system.
4. Compromised immunity and respiratory function
Ayurvedic medicine has praised ginger’s ability to boost the immune system before recorded history. It believes that because ginger is so effective at warming the body, it can help break down the accumulation of toxins in your organs. It’s also known to cleanse the lymphatic system, our body’s sewage system.
Dr. Oz says, “by opening up these lymphatic channels and keeping things clean, ginger prevents the accumulation of the toxins that make you susceptible to infections, especially in the respiratory system.” combining ginger oil and eucalyptus oil is an effective remedy to boost immunity and improve breathing.
5. Bacterial infections
The journal of microbiology and antimicrobials published a study in 2011 that tested just how effective ginger is in enhancing immune function. Comparing the ability of ginger to kill staphylococcus aureus and streptococcus pyogenes with conventional antibiotics, nigerian researchers discovered that the natural solution won every time!
The drugs — chloramphenicol, ampicillin and tetracycline — just couldn’t stand up to the antibacterial prowess of the ginger extract. This is important because these two bacteria are extremely common in hospitals and oftentimes cause complications to an already immune-compromised patient.
Key takeaway: if you ever need to go to the hospital for surgery or to visit a friend, make sure you bring some ginger essential oil with you and add a couple drops to your water. You’re less likely to get a dangerous staph infection, and it can help speed the healing process! other healing remedies that are effective against infections include oregano oil, clove oil and melaleuca oil.
6. Fungal infections
One of the trickier issues to control because they’re increasingly resistant to conventional medicine, fungal infections don’t stand a chance against ginger. Of the 29 plant species evaluated in a carleton university study, ginger won the prize for having the extract most effective at killing fungus.
Key takeaway: for a powerful antifungal punch, mix several drops of pure ginger essential oil with tea tree oil with one teaspoon of coconut oil, and apply up to three times a day.
7. Ulcers and gerd
Since the 1980s, researchers have known that ginger can cure stomach ulcers. More recently, indian scientists have been able to more closely quantify this medicinal effect. In a study published in the journal molecular nutrition and food research, they discovered the ginger was six to eight times more potent than prevacid, the drug of choice to treat gerd!
Ginger is known for its anti-pain property. Very similar to how capsaicin works to relieve pain, gingerol acts on vanilloid receptors, which are located on sensory nerve endings. Similar to the initial intense burning feel you get when you consume spicy pepper, ginger’s burn only lasts but a second, and researchers discovered that it “affects the pain pathways directly but also relieves the inflammation, which in itself causes pain.”
Working with mice without immune systems, university of minnesota scientists discovered that three weekly feedings of -gingerol delayed the growth of colorectal cancer cells. University of michigan researchers confirmed these results with ovarian cancer. In fact, they found that “ginger treatment of cultured ovarian cancer cells induced profound growth inhibition in all cell lines tested.”
Key takeaway: the executive director of the herbal medicine research and education centre, basil roufogalis, advised that, “the most likely way to administer ginger as a painkiller would be in the form of a tea taken several times a day, but more work needs to be done on the amount of ginger powder needed per dose to take effect, and the time required between doses.” for most people, taking 1,000 milligrams of powdered ginger root is effective — or two drops two times daily of ginger essential oil.
Gingerols are widely known to naturally improve diabetes and enhance insulin sensitivity. Building off this knowledge, a 2006 study out of the journal of agricultural and food chemistry discovered that they could also suppress sorbitol accumulation in human blood cells and sugar-fed rats. Simply put, ginger not only helps prevent and reverse diabetes itself — it protects against and improves diabetic complications like diabetic retinopathy!
Hi I am working woman, I got married 1 year back, and we do not want baby for 2 yrs, but unfortunately I got pregnant and it was 6 weeks running, but as we do not want baby I took tablet name (Mifepristone and Misoprostol) once in my life, that too half tablet I took, I was afraid of taken that, so both tablets I took half-half (not full). And it works successfully. And also sometimes I used to take papaya after sexual intercourse. As we do not use any protection. And papaya always works fine. As it is a great fruit which wash out everything. I always natural remedies we have sexual intercourse anytime that too before my menstrual itself. So my question is do all these effects in future if we plan for a baby?
For some women, having their own children is not as easy as it seems. Suffering from more than two or more miscarriages is known as recurrent miscarriage. This experience affects every aspect of a woman’s life from her mental and emotional health to her physical health and social well-being.
It is important for a woman undergoing this experience to keep in mind that she can still give birth to a healthy baby even after recurrent miscarriages.
- Look after your health: Miscarriages are not very uncommon and in many instances are a result of the woman’s body not being able to take the strain if a growing fetus. Hence, pay attention to your health to prepare your body for future pregnancies. Avoid smoking, alcohol, caffeine and exposure to toxins that can cause fertility problems. Eat healthy food and start taking a multivitamin with folic acid on a daily basis. Exercise regularly, but avoid strenuous activities that involve heavy lifting or dangerous contact sports. Yoga is great for pregnant women or women planning a family as it tones your body keeps your stress levels low.
- Talk to people: A miscarriage can affect your emotional health and self-image, but you must remember that you are in a way responsible for the miscarriage. Talk to other women who have had a similar experience and share your feelings with them. Men and women cope with a miscarriage in different ways and hence work on communicating your feelings with your partner. Do not suppress your feelings, but acknowledge them and work through them. You may also find it beneficial to talk to a counsellor or get involved with a support group.
- Give yourself a break: It’s ok to not attend your friend’s baby shower when you’ve recently suffered a miscarriage. Instead of surrounding yourself with your friend’s babies and children, take a break and pay attention to yourself. Develop a hobby or find something to keep yourself busy. Take a holiday with your partner and find ways to reconnect with them. Find your own way of acknowledging the pregnancy. This could be in the form of writing about it, naming the baby or planting a tree in memory of the baby.
- Get proactive: Don’t sink into despair because of your miscarriages. Educate yourself about the various reasons you may have miscarried the baby by reading books or talking to medical professionals. This can help prevent future miscarriages.
I would like to ask about pregnancy. I was pregnant and took medical abortion. I took medicine on 9th jan 2016 by consulting with a doctor After taking medicine I had heavy bleeding and till today bleeding is continuing. The flow of bleeding is less but its too long I had ultra sound after getting abort but I am not confirmed about the report of ultra sound. Will you please guide me about this.
In some women, the periods cease suddenly. After a year of no menstruation, a woman is said to have gone through menopause. Menopause usually occurs between the ages of 45 and 52, although in some it may start as early as the late thirties and early forties. The symptoms of menopause are many, and most women go through a body and mind altering period during menopause.
Homoeopathic remedies offer a completely safe treatment for the various symptoms of menopause. Homoeopathic remedies for menopause are made of natural substances and have no side effects at all.
Symptoms of menopause
All women have to go through menopause, but it affects each woman uniquely. The symptoms of menopause may range from hardly any to severe ones. The common menopausal symptoms may be divided into three categories:
Physical symptoms: hot flushes, osteoporosis (weak bones), weight gain (obesity) and hair loss.
Mental symptoms: depression, mood swings, anxiety, irritability, sleeplessness.
Local symptoms: vaginal dryness, loss of libido (sexual desire), excessive vaginal bleeding (flooding).
Homoeopathic treatment for menopause
As the controversy regarding the use of hormones for treating menopause deepens, the need for a completely harmless treatment becomes stronger than ever. Talking about safety, the homeopathy provides natural ways to treat menopause and is completely safe with zero side effects. The natural homeopathic medicines are of great help in dealing with various symptoms experienced by women during menopause.
PGS or Pre-implantation Genetic Screening is a test conducted to decipher the chromosome count of the embryo. Today, if you are planning to get pregnant or using alternative technologies for pregnancy; there are several tests that need to be conducted so that the child is born healthy and stable. One such test is the PGS, it determines whether or not the count of chromosomes is normal, which is forty six, is present in the embryo. If there are abnormal numbers of chromosomes present in the embryo then it might lead to additional problems in the future. In such cases, special treatments and procedures are conducted.
There are several advantages of PGS. Some of them are highlighted in details below.
- Healthy pregnancy: Interestingly, a man can produce sperms throughout his lifetime. But a woman is born with the eggs already created. The chances of producing a healthy baby with those eggs decrease as the age of the woman increases. It is seen that those women who think of delivering a child in their older ages are often found with chromosome deficiencies in the embryo. Thus, to avoid such a situation, it is best to perform PGS.
- Reduces the chance of miscarriage: Pregnancies which occur without having performed any prior tests like the PGS have high chances of resulting into a miscarriage at the slightest of carelessness. But research has found that those pregnancies which take place after considering the chromosomal health of the embryo have reduced the risk of being abnormally terminated.
- Time reduction between two IVF Circles: For those who do not know IVF stands for In-Vitro Fertilisation. It is a process which aids a woman in becoming pregnant. It is often opted by those who are having issues in naturally conceiving a child. PGS here plays an important role. If the test detects abnormal embryo, then the next IVF circle can be started right away without wasting any time. But if the PGS detects a normal embryo then the IVF circle is deemed to be successful and the woman can continue with the pregnancy.
Thus, these are some of the main advantages of Pre-Implantation Genetic Screening. This helps to determine whether the embryo is of the desired choice or not and whether the baby born out of it would be healthy and normal. It is one of the tests which need to be conducted preceding implantation to provide better results after the implantation process is carried out. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
After sexual intercourse, my wife having unbeatable pain in the right side abdomen every time. In right leg paining starts through out.
Hi, Me and My girlfriend had unprotected sex. After 12 hours she had unwanted-72 pill. She missed her periods. And today she had done pregnancy test. And the result is positive? What should we do now please help. We don't need baby. Our age is just 23 please help.
N someday that fertilization occurs only during ovulation period. So if that is the case I have crossed my ovulation period n I shd get my periods as usual.
Hii Doctor I am 25 years old female and married 5 months back. Yesterday only I did pregnancy test and that is positive but me and my husband do not want to take chance now. Kindly suggest me needful.
I am 34 years of age and having 2 kids with normal delivery, now I have fat in my belly, how to get flat belly?
Exercising outdoors is always fun and refreshing for the body. It de-stresses the mind and increases energy in the body. Most people prefer outdoors workout due to the pleasant weather. There are many advantages of working out outdoors but you need to follow some tips to make sure your workouts are injury free.
Here are 4 tips to make your workouts safe:
- Warm Up: Warming up before you begin your workout is very essential to a safe workout. A good warm up increases your heart rate and improves your blood circulation. It also improves the mobility of your joints, thus reducing the risk of injury. A sample warm up may consist of shoulder rotations, jogging in place, bodyweight squats and burpees.
- Stretch: Stretching after your workout is essential for injury free joints. Stretching helps to ease the tension in your muscles and allows greater range of motion. Blood circulation also improves along with reducing soreness in your muscles. It lengthens the muscles and allows it to return to its natural position, thus improving posture of the body. Stretches are either classified as static and dynamic. Static stretches are stretches which are held for a fixed period whereas dynamic stretches involve moving through various postures.
- Limit Sun Exposure: Make sure you are not over exposed to the rays of the sun. This may lead to various skin complications such as sunburns, tanning and even skin cancer. Too much sun exposure may increase free radicals in the skin, leading to various skin disorders. Apply a sunscreen before you head out as this will protect your skin. Wear proper gear such as caps and full sleeved clothing to protect your body from the harmful UV rays of the sun.
- Wear the Right Footwear: If you love running on roads, then you need to take special care in selecting your footwear. Running on roads without proper cushioning may increase your risk of injuries such as shin splints and other calf injuries.