Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Vandana TakawaleYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from dry cough for the last two weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard can you suggest what should be done.
I am suffering from back to chest I am suffering from pain many I know what is the reason for that I need to check to doctor. Please help me I am not able to go to doctor because my exams are going on.
Abnormal Q Wave (ll, aVF) in my ECG report. What's the reason for this? What's the causes? Why this happened to me?
Namaste ji Mujhe chest me left side garam ya thanda jo bhi khaata hoon wo lagta hai Aisa lagta hai jaise garam ya thanda milk ya tea mere left side me ja raha hai Or mujhe pet me bhi problem hai pet saaf nahi hota ot bhaaripan lagta hai Or kabhi kabhi saans lene me diffculty hai Ye problem karib 10 month se hai Main kya karu bahut presaan hu.
I have high systolic bp 158/72 and irregular heart beat feeling discomfort it occurs only sometimes Please suggest me some medication. My age is just 21 yr.
I am 61 year old. I have BP for last 10 years and Diabetes for last 6years. I take following medicines: 1. B. P.: Amlong A in Morning and Telmikind-AM in Night - B. P remains 150/160-85/90 all the time. Pls. Advice 2. Diabetes: Gilmistar-1 Morning B/F & Galvus Met 50/500 A/F Galvus Met & Gilimistart M1 at night. Reading remains 200 Fasting and 180 After food. I have stiffness, light swelling and pain in the legs. Pls. Adv. Not able to go for Morning walk due to this. MY weight 93 Kg. Height 5.11 feet. Due online trading, I have to sit longer time.
As an general consumer. What will be a good supplement to keep heart healthy? Garlic pearls or COD liver oil?
My age is 23. Height 6 ft. Weight 76 kg. From 8 month I am having all symptom of adrenal or pituitary cancer. Such as numbness and tingling in whole body. Excessive hair growth on whole body even on eyebrows and new hair growth on body. Bone and muscle pain. Reduction in testicle size. Chest and lower abdomen enlargement too much. I am having bp 150/100. And sugar level is decreasing .it is 66 after meals. Earlier I had two ultrasound and one plain MRI of abdomen when I used to have light pain. That time came right renal cortical cust. But now my pain on abdomen is more even on eating and drinking. No gastric issue. And a shooting pain in the left half head of abdomen. At a point on backside. Even on pressing. My vision is also reduced. Which tumour I can have in pituitary or adrenal?
My mother 50, is a BP patient. Majority time when in duty she have 150-90 and have severe pain in head. Even when calm she have BP near to 140-80. She takes amlodipine as recommended by doctor earlier. Kindly help.
I am 22 years male. My beared dose not grow properly. How can I grow my beared properly please give some solution.
In my heart small pain on the left side. Is a heart attack? I'm chain smoker. And then breathing is more difficult. What can I do?
My dad has suffering from cholesterol. Dr. you please suggest some remedies to overcome from the decease.
I am Soumya Mohapatra. I have a great problem. So I want consult you that I have chest pain. It occurs sometime. I request you to provide me a result. So that I will become a great fan to you. I am waiting for your result. Please provide me result soon.
I'm a software engineer. I love eating chocolates and chocolate related items. I'm getting headache most frequently with vomiting sensation. I consulted doctor once for this. One doctor checked my BP and said I have to take BP tablets for a period. For few days, no headache, I'm able to do my work. After that again I got same headache. Once I take a deep sleep, I can get rid of headache. I consulted another doctor. He gave me a prescription for Migration and also for BP. Is BP really related to migration? How I get rid of migration permanently?
The heart is a muscular organ that pumps blood to the entire body through a network of arteries and veins. This network contains big vessels which branch out further to supply blood to the distant organs. There is, therefore, some pressure that the heart and thereby the vessels need to exert to push the blood through these vessels. This is known as blood pressure, and normal pressure levels range from 90-140(systolic)/60-90(diastolic) mm of Hg. However, due to various reasons, this pressure could be more, which is one of the first signs of heart disease.
Causes of increased blood pressure:
- Thickening of the blood vessels. With age, the elastic blood vessels naturally turn rigid and less elastic, so there is more pressure required to push blood. It is natural for people over 55 years of age to have higher readings of blood pressure. This is known as primary hypertension (HTN).
- Narrowed blood vessels. This happens due to cholesterol accumulation along the walls of the blood vessels. Faulty dietary habits along with sedentary lifestyle have increased the incidence of hypertension due to this condition, known as atherosclerosis. Critical atherosclerotic narrowing of renal arteries lead to renovascular HTN that is one of the commonest of secondary HTN.
Other Causes of secondary hypertension are:
- Kidney problems
- Thyroid hormone disorders
- Congenital heart defects
- Chronic alcohol abuse
- Adrenal gland tumours
- Chronic use of medications like birth control pills, pain killers, etc.
Unidentified and uncontrolled hypertension can be silent and can lead to more severe conditions like heart attack and stroke. India is fast becoming the new hypertension capital of the world. Some of the common risk factors are:
- Family history
- Being obese or overweight
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Alcohol consumption
- Excessive salt intake
- Stress levels
- Ethnic background
- Hypertension can go undetected for years together, but if there are risk factors like diabetes and high cholesterol, it is advisable to periodically monitor blood pressure.
- Headaches, nosebleeds, and shortness of breath should not be ignored. These can be the first warning signs of hypertension, and if detected early, preventive measures can be taken.
- If there are co-morbid risk factors, it is advisable to constantly keep a check on BP readings.
This includes a combination of diet and lifestyle modifications.
- Quit smoking and alcohol: Of the many wonders quitting smoking can do, reducing BP readings is just one. The improvement would be almost instantaneous. Quit or else reduce alcohol and see dramatic improvements.
- Weight management: Through a combination of diet and exercise, ensure that weight is brought under control. Set a target BMI (Below 26 kg/m2) and work towards it religiously.
- Diet: Reduce salt, increase potassium, increase vitamin D, eat a heart-healthy diet, and see the hypertension readings improve. Please find attached and reviewed copy for health tip for posting. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.