Lybrate.com has top trusted Endocrinologists from across India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. VandanaYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am having high blood sugar 180, 2 hours after meal due to insulin resistance Worth metformin the sugar can controlled. Need your advice on alternative way to control sugar.
Kidney patient with creatinine level of 9.44 and urea level of 144 along with the problem of thyroid and needs treatment. Kindly suggest Treatment and doctors.
She is suffering from thyroid since previous 5 to 7 years consulted many famous doctors but she isn't getting rid of it till now. What can she do now? Please suggest.
Mere papa diabetic hai unhe ab kuch samasya uski sarir ki naso me h medicine le rahe hai kuch fayda bhi hai lekin unke pair bilkul bhi nahi uth rahe hai.
Helo sir. My mom was suffering from thyroid from the past 30 year & nowadays the thyroid is not stimulating properly. What we want to do sir?
I am 20 years old my weight is 85 kg From last 1 year my period is not coming I have thairod from 2 year i'm taking supplement. What should I do?
I'm 71 Years old. I am diabetic. My latest Hba1c level is 6. My total cholesterol is81. HDL is39. LDL is 32. I'm taking 1 tension 40, Rosufit 20, and metlor tablets daily. In view of low cholesterol level, do you advise me to take Rosufit?
My Uric acid is high. Kindly suggest vegetables and fruit or other nature ways to control uric acid ?
I am 34 year male. I am facing numbness in my right leg starting from right upper back since 1 and half month. I have no pain in my right leg. I am experiencing extreme upper backache and inflammation especially while lying on bed. Since last week my right foot and even left foot has swollen and toe of right food has turned blue. Since yesterday I have starting feeling pain in my left leg and I am unable to even stand and walk. I have seen a orthopedist who (after test) said that uric acid is on higher side and vitamin D is on lower side. I have also seen another doctor who has said that its veins compression. Please suggest what should I do. I am scared.
I am 45 years old male. Recently I found out that I had severe body been out of joint pain and checked for my your guess it It was around 8. 5. No control the whole thing down to 7. From now on what is the best prescribed diet? also what are the things which should take more to reduce the uric levels?
Diabetes is a chronic metabolic disorder that results in higher levels of blood sugars in the body. It is assuming epidemic proportions, and India has become the new diabetic capital with more than 50 million diabetic people. The main problem with diabetes is it does not completely go away, and there is a whole myriad of issues that it brings along with it. Heart attacks, strokes, eyesight problems, delayed wound healing, nerve damage and impotence. Therefore, diabetes and by that we mainly mean blood sugar levels have to be managed so that there is delay in onset of the associated conditions and/or reduced in severity.
Ayurveda refers to diabetes as Prameha (excessive urination) and Madhumeha (sugary urine) and has identified close to 20 forms of the disease. According to Ayurvedic belief, each disease is caused due to imbalance in kapha, pitta, and vata doshas and diabetes is caused by all these, predominantly by kapha. With any stream of medicine, management of diabetes involves two tracks - one is lifestyle changes and the second is medications.
Lifestyle changes include the following:
- Diet: Reduce the amount of rice, sugar, potato, sweet fruits, maida, deep fried foods, and red meat. Protein-rich foods like lentils, soya, green leafy vegetables and fish should be increased. Diet plan should change to small, frequent meals instead of binge eating.
- Exercise: Include 30 minutes of regular exercise into your daily routine if you have a diabetic predisposition.
- Others: Avoid smoking and alcohol, ensure sufficient sleep, avoid sleeping during day time, improved foot and eye care, periodically check sugar levels, and manage stress levels.
Ayurveda has a whole lot of home remedies proven to be very effective against diabetes.
- Jambhul: Eugenia Jambolana whether eaten raw or juice extract has been shown to have beneficial effects in managing sugar levels and cholesterol.
- Gymnema sylvestre: Used to manage diabetes for over 2000 years, it reduces sugar cravings and is being touted as the future for diabetes treatment.
- Bitter gourd (Momordica charantia): It has 3 components that give it strong antidiabetic properties. The charantin reduces blood sugar levels; the polypeptide has insulin-like effects; and lectin that again has hypoglycemic effects.
- Bel (Aegle marmelos): Also known as wood apple, leaves of the plant are shown to have antidiabetic properties. 5 to 10 leaves can be chewed on a daily basis to help control blood sugar levels.
- Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum): Consuming 10 g of fenugreek seeds soaked in water increases the amount of insulin produced, thereby increasing sugar breakdown.
- Neem: Chewing about 4 to 5 leaves in the morning on an empty stomach helps to control blood sugar levels. Alternately, neem leaves powder is available which can be dissolved in water and consumed.