Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vaishali JagtapYour feedback matters!
I am 22 years old and have recently started working in software industry in Bangalore. I am suffering from excessive hair fall recently. Could you please suggest any diet changes or precautions to be taken to reduce hair fall?
My hair is so thin and less. How to reduce thinking and how to grow hair. I am 34 year old man. Using kerala made ayurvedic shampoo named dhatri shampoo which I used daily to clean my hair. Is it ok or any harm kindly suggest. I am humbly requesting please suggest me.
My age is 23 & I am suffering from hair fall problem and also whitening of hair. For that I am using nedicated mehendi. So what should I do.
My daughter age at 7 years. She got vitiligo problem at her neck area since 3years. I have consulted many doctors. Not yet been cured fully. Is it curable? What about grafting treatment, is it the permanent solution.
He is very sad due to the pimples were grown up on his face he used many creams BT it would not helpful and now his pimples and spots changed to red can you please suggest something.
I have these dark circles under my eyes. For few months. I'm having enough sleep but not in a regular pattern. Please give advice for some home remedy treatment for. It Why do they come.? And it makes my face looks dull. Please help it out. I want to get rid of that dark circles under my eyes.!
I have pimple since i'm 15 years, now I'm 17 but the pimple and scars doesn't reduce. What can I do?
I am losing hair quickly and have tried all shampoos but no effect yet. I am not sure what else I can do please help me with this.
I have baby who is 4 months old. I am breastfeeding her regularly. From last few days, I am facing hair fall. Kindly suggest what to do?
I have chickenpox marks on face on face, even after two years so What should I do so that they get removed easily quickly?
Hair fall is a common problem that is characterized by loss of hair from the scalp. It is a fairly common problem that occurs due to various factors such as pollution, stress and an unhealthy lifestyle. It may also be caused due to hormonal problems and hormonal imbalances within the body.
The various causes of hair fall are:
- Alopecia areata: Alopecia areata is a disorder that is characterized by irregular and scattered bald round patches on the scalp. It either causes hair loss in patches or might result in complete hair loss.
- PCOS: Polycystic ovary syndrome is an endocrine disorder (diseases related to the endocrine system) which leads to hormonal imbalance, resulting in hair fall.
- Thyroid problems: The thyroid glands produce hormones in order to regulate metabolism in the body. The thyroid gland producing excess or less than the usual secretion leads to thinning of hair and hair loss.
- Infections of the scalp: Various infections of the scalp such as infestation by ringworm can cause loss of hair. Ringworm is a type of fungal infection that leads to bald spots and thinning of hair.
- Diet: If your diet lacks in important vitamins and minerals such as ‘biotin’ (Vitamin B present inside an egg yolk) which are required for healthy hair, then you may run the risks of hair loss.
In recent times, Hair Transplant surgery has championed the ways in which you can cure hair fall and hair thinning. Let’s focus on the procedure.
The procedure involves a tool that looks like a transparent rod consisting of multiple knobs. In most cases, a wide comb is attached to the knob. In the initial stages, the hair is separated into partitions and the knots in hair are gotten rid of. An infrared comb is used on various portions of the scalp which is followed by an oil massage for 15 minutes. A moisturizing hair mask is then applied on the hair, after which, it is treated with steam.
The hair is then exposed to ultra rays from a bulb for a few minutes. The entire process takes around 45-50 minutes and you need to wash your hair the following morning. This process improves blood circulation in the scalp, thus reducing hair fall. It also happens to be an effective treatment for dandruff. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic surgeon.