Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vaishali Dershpande
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Vaishali DershpandeYour feedback matters!
1. Avoid eating cold foods: According to Dr. Pradip shah, consultant physician, fortis hospital, mulund, a common cold and cough triggered by cold food items like ice-cream and cold drinks is a common complain of people visiting local health clinics. Although there is no scientific evidence as to how cold food items trigger and worsen coughs, patients are normally advised to avoid them altogether until they recover completely. One sensible explanation for this would be that cold beverages and foods cause a drying out of the respiratory lining making it susceptible to infections and triggering coughing due to irritation.
2. Avoid overeating at night: Having a heavy dinner at night or overeating can be a cough trigger for people suffering from gastroesophageal reflux disease (gerd). People with gerd may have poor coordination between contraction and relaxation of the sphincter muscle that prevents reflux of food to the esophagus. As a result, the stomach acid can flow back to the food pipe, causing irritation of the lining to trigger cough. So, it’s better to have an early dinner and maintain a gap of at least 2 hours between dinner and sleeping time.
3. Avoid sleeping flat on the back: Sleeping posture plays an important role in triggering coughing at night, especially if you have a productive cough. All the mucus and phlegm that gets collected throughout the day, flows up to irritate the throat when you lie down on your back. Instead, sleeping in an inclined posture, or sleeping on the sides will keep the phlegm settled and avoid bouts of coughing at night.
4. Avoid eating fried foods: Fried foods are oily in nature and oil is a well-known cough trigger. Deep-frying foods in hot oil generates a compound called acrolein, which acts as an allergen that aggravates coughing and causes throat itching. So, it’s best to avoid oily, fried foods while you have a cough.
5. Avoid smoking: Smoking is one of the causes of a cough due to bronchitis. Not only does it irritate the throat lining, but it also delays recovery and increases your risk of cancer. If you don't smoke, remember second-hand smoke is equally dangerous.
6. Avoid caffeinated beverages: Caffeine should be avoided by those who cough due to acidity and gerd. While it may provide temporary relief from a coughing bout, it actually causes the esophageal sphincter to become loose, allowing more acid to get flushed into the esophagus.
7. Avoid over-exertion: Nobody takes an off from work because of a cough, but that doesn’t mean you should exert yourself by overworking. Coughing is an indication that something is wrong with your body, so make it a point to get adequate rest to give your immune system enough time to recover.
Which walk is best for health morning walk or evening walk and send diet plan for making good health.
I am 33 year old male. Suffering from chronic neck pain from about 7-8 years. Now a days I forget things very quickly. And my curvature of spine is also lost. I am a Data analyst by profession and live with my parents, spouse & 2 year old son. Can you give me some advise please? Thanks and Kind Regards.
How much laser treatment is safe for hair removal and what will be approx cost for complete treatment.
I am 22 years old I am suffering from gas problem from 18 years old I am getting severe pain at nights what should I do.
The five day celebration of the festival of lights or Diwali begins with Dhanteras which signifies the celebration of wealth. Buying gold or silver jewellery or new utensils is an important part of this day’s celebrations. Ayurveda recognizes the energy present in metals such as gold, silver, copper and credits them with healing powers. These metals are said to have the power to neutralize negative cosmic energy affecting a person and affect the human body on a cellular level.
Let us see how different metals have different effects on the body.
- Gold: Gold is used to treat cardiovascular problems as well as respiratory diseases like asthma and breathlessness. It relaxes the body and mind and can also be used as a nervine tonic. Gold can also be used to improve memory and increase attention span. According to Ayurveda, gold is also said to be a traditional remedy for arthritis. Additionally, it is also said to improve stamina.
- Silver: Silver has cooling properties that make it beneficial in the treatment of fevers and internal inflammations. It is especially effective in cases concerned with the intestines and gallbladder. Silver is also said to treat weakness and increase strength and stamina. People suffering from digestive problems or urinary problems can also benefit from the anti bacterial, anti viral and anti fungal properties of silver.
- Copper: Copper can be used to treat a number of chronic diseases and health conditions such as polio, leprosy, high blood pressure, joint diseases, anaemia, obesity and stress. Its healing properties benefit the liver, spleen and lymphatic system as well as the nervous system, circulatory system and bone health.
- Iron: Iron helps strengthen the body and is majorly used to treat anaemia. It helps tone muscles and nerve tissue and enhances bone marrow. Iron also supports weight loss and can be used to treat stomach problems and treat chronic skin problems.
To benefit from these metals, it is important to use them only in their pure form. Drinking water charged with these metals is a good way to benefit from them. To make metal charged water boil 4-5 cups of clean drinking water in a steel vessel. Then drop the desired metal into the water in the form of jewellery, utensils, coins or small pieces of the metal. In cases of jewellery being used, it is important to ensure that there are no stones or other metals present. Let the water boil till only two cups remain and then strain it through a muslin cloth. This water is now ready to be consumed.