Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vaishali ChouhanYour feedback matters!
I am 18 years old suffering from stomach painva periods time a lot. I went to many Dr's but problem didn't solve so now I want to take your help what wikl you suggest.
Hello, we had a protected sex (used condom) on 7th March, when having sex condom remains inside & my part came out & when my part came out condom was still inside but sperm came out from backside of condom (condom was not damaged), for precautions she took ipill within 72 hours. Her last date's 1st day was 8th February, she is having regular cycles, but now on 32nd day she is not having her period, please advice if she is pregnant.
Sir/mam, My wife is having blood count @8 but accordingly the blood count should b minimum 11 how to increase the blood count please suggest as she is having problem in her menstruation cycle because of lack of blood please suggest some better diet to recover soon as well as the precautions to be taken.
My wife is pregnant. Its her 4th week. Can she drink cranberry juice of real juice company as she have wheat allergy. What other things can she have as she is suffering from wheat allergy and thyroid problem.
Hello doctor, I saw discharge from my nipple by pressing it I am planning a family is it tat something related to it or not pls tell me. And another problem I m having is tat I got a knot (gath) on my uterus is tat something worried to it. My age is 25yrs. Please rply.
I am 26 years old now and I got married in 2016 my problem is irregular periods. We are trying to get pregnant.
Alien Hand Syndrome or AHS is a neurological disorder that causes the patient's hand to move involuntarily. The individual has no control over the movement of the hand and sometimes, he or she may not even be aware of the action! The patients often report feeling like their hand does not belong to them anymore. The disease has no cure but the symptoms can be treated and reduced. Usually the hand is kept occupied constantly by holding a light object.
Causes of Alien Hand Syndrome:
Though the exact causing factor of AHS is unknown, there are a number of instances which have been shown to influence the development of the condition. The chief factors are:
- Brain injury: Injury caused to the brain by blunt force trauma or faulty surgery can lead to Alien Hand Syndrome. This is particularly seen if the frontal lobe (the brain center of voluntary movement) or the corpus callosum (the bundle of nerve fibers connecting the left and right hemispheres of the brain) is affected. These are the areas that regulate motor functioning and the neural pathways to execute the actions.
- Brain tumor: A tumor (a mass of abnormal cells) pressing on the motor centers of the brain can cause involuntary movements of the left hand in a right handed person. This is because the right hemisphere of the brain controls the left side of the body and vice versa. Tumors blocking the neural pathways usually cause errant movements of the predominant hand.
- Neurodegenerative conditions: Diseases like Alzheimer's disease and Creutzfeld & Jakob Disease are characterized by memory loss, rapid changes in personality and growing defects in the central nervous system. AHS could be a complication of such disorders. Effects of Alien Hand Syndrome This is an extremely rare condition. There have been less than 80 known cases around the world since 1908.
The disorder is often unreported because it is mistaken for a psychiatric problem due to its unusual symptoms and effects.
- The patient may not even be aware of what his 'alien hand' is doing. The hand may even begin functioning of its own accord when the patient is asleep.
- AHS can result in feelings of guilt and shame because of the embarrassing actions of the hand that the patient has absolutely no control over. The hand is often said to be governed by primal animalistic urges of hitting others, tearing clothes off etc.
- The condition often leads to social anxiety, depression and paranoia.