Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vaishali ChouhanYour feedback matters!
I am pregnant I am working in marketing job I have to travel daily some distance is it safe to travel on bus r scooter?
Last 2 days I am feeling like vomiting almost in every time. and feeling heavy abdomen and I have done my intercourse in my 11 th day after my periods. and I was also planning for the baby and also feeling tired n also not feeling to eat. M I got pregnant.
Dr. Meri wife ki monthly date 10 din late ho chuki h or wo pregnent bi nhi h eska main reason kya h or date kaise aayegi ?
Hello doctor. I am facing infertility due to block at junction is their any treatment to clear this tubal block.
3. The same substance is harmless in similar amounts for the majority of people.
My due date is october 10th but I got periods before that 5th oct itself. After two weeks october 19th again I got periods but which is not same as first dark pink colour it happened with light spots for 5 days. My belly size increased during second periods that is october 19th m getting very fatigue and I take food with less quantity. Frequently urination after 19th october so its pregnancy or not?
Many men claim to get by on 4-5 hours of sleep a day but robbing the body of its required sleep has a number of side effects. The human body requires a minimum of 8 hours of sleep a day. There are two main reasons men don't get enough sleep: intentionally staying awake late at night and sleep disorders such as insomnia, sleep apnea etc. Here's how depriving your body of sleep can harm your sexual health.
The male body produces testosterone while he sleeps. When the body does not get adequate sleep and rest, it produces less testosterone. As the insomnia continues, this situation worsens. This leads to a low sex drive and poor libido.
Low self esteem
Testosterone also influences the way the body stores fat and hence less testosterone can also lead to gynecomastia. This is condition where male bodies develop breasts as a result of an increase in body fat. Lowered testosterone levels in a male body also lead to reduced muscle strength and hence an overall lower sense of well being.
Inadequate sleep can result in obstructive sleep apnea. This is linked to the lowered levels of testosterone in the body as patients with sleep apnea do not reach the stage of REM sleep when testosterone is produced. Thus, sleep apnea can lead to erectile dysfunction where a man is unable to get or maintain an erection while having sex.
Low sperm count
Testosterone plays an important role in sperm production. The relation between the two is simple: the higher the testosterone levels; the more the body produces sperm. Thus if you do not get adequate sleep, your sperm count can be affected leading to infertility.
Sleep deprivation can affect your decision making and understanding of the other person's intentions. Thus if you haven't slept properly, you are more likely to make uncalled for sexual advances and misunderstand your partner's sexual expectations.
The body sheds dead cells and grows new cells while it sleeps. Thus if the body is deprived of adequate sleep, the gaining process is accelerated. Not only does this bring on an early onset of wrinkles but it also lowers your sexual drive. Lowered testosterone may also lead to early balding.
If the body doesn't get its required rest, you start the day feeling tired instead of refreshed. As the day goes on, this tiredness increases and is accompanied by irritability and aggression. When you're in such a bad moon and constantly tired the chances of wanting to be physically intimate with another person decrease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Gastroenteritis, also commonly referred to as infectious diarrhoea, is a gastric disorder. The gastrointestinal tract, which comprises of the small intestine and stomach gets inflamed. Gastroenteritis is indicated by the symptoms such as diarrhea, acute vomiting and pain in the abdomen. Fever, exhaustion and dehydration are also observed. This disease usually lasts not more than two weeks. It is also called the stomach flu. Infections caused by virus, bacteria, parasites or fungi may lead to gastroenteritis. Viruses account for this disease the most. This disease is transmitted mainly from food items and contaminated water. Important electrolytes like sodium and potassium are lost from our body.
The most common remedy in case of gastroenteritis is having ORS. However, homeopathy is also considered very effective if you have got infectious diarrhoea. Homeopathic medicines are considered very safe and result yielding in case of gastroenteritis. Homeopathy is a form of medicine, which is always given preference by all experts, as it is natural with no side effects. After conducting various surveys, it has been proven that homeopathic treatment is far more effective than other forms of medication for gastroenteritis.
Here is a list of the best homeopathic remedies for the treatment of gastroenteritis. There are many categories of homeopathic medicines for diarrhoea each with their own significance.
- Aconite: This must be used for diarrhea caused in the season when the days are hot, and the nights are comparatively cold. The symptoms appear in the middle of the night. Heavy diarrhoea along with high-intensity fever occurs and anxiety.
- Aloe : This remedy should be used in case of a continuing urge for stool because of weakness of the anal sphincter. Mucus is accompanied along with pain in the rectum area. In case of adults, this diarrhoea is also characterized by blue hemorrhoids.
- Arsenicum album: This medicine is used in case of food poisoning. The affected person feels cold, tired and panicky. Vomiting and diarrhoea take place after midnight. Burning pain in the abdomen is also observed.
- Cinchona: Used in case of diarrhoea with the presence of excessive exhaustion and abdomen gas. The abdomen gets bloated up.
- Ipeca: When there is nausea and non stop vomiting or your mouth gets filled with saliva, Ipeca can be used. Thirst is lost, and the color of the stool may be green or bloody.
- Podophyllum: This medicine is usually used by tourists in case of diarrhoea. Abdominal vibration and frequent stools are indicated. The stool is characterized by an unpleasant smell.
Homeopathy is a very effective category of medication when it comes to gastroenteritis, however, still it is advisable to get regular full body check up done.
2)Watch sunrise for 2 min
3)Maintain good sleep hygiene
4)Take out some time for ur hobbies
With increasing globalization and lifestyle changes, even general practitioners are getting more and more young patients willing to adopt contraceptive measures. An optimum clinical choice of contraceptive can only be done through a mutual discussion between the physician and patient taking into consideration both clinical aspects and patient's choice. This article gives a brief general summary of the methods of contraception.
Contraception is the process of taking steps to ensure about not becoming pregnant after having sex. There are different types of contraceptive measures. They all have pros and cons. Different methods will be right for different couples, or right at different times in life.
Types of contraceptives:
* percentages mentioned within brackets are failure rates
It involves the use of estrogen and progesterone to prevent fertilization; associated with a 2-3% failure rate.
Oral contraceptive pills suppress the action of fsh/lh from the pituitary gland, they also suppress the lh surge, alter the cervical mucosa to inhibit penetration by spermatozoa, and they inhibit atrophic change in the endometrium.
Complications: venous thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, cva, mi, htn, amenorrhea, cholelithiasis, hepatocellular adenoma. Risks increase with smoking.
Contraindications: dvt, pe, cvd, cva, pregnancy, cancer, abnormal lfts
Monophasic (fixed combination: take estrogen and progesterone on days 1-21 and placebo on days 22-28. Increased estrogen increases the side effects of a headache, weight gain, nausea, and edema decreased estrogen and progesterone increase the risk of breakthrough bleeding and increases the failure rate.
Multiphasic: low-dose estrogen with varying doses of progesterone on days 1-21.
Progestin-only pills: not as effective and can cause breakthrough bleeding.
Levonorgestrel: lasts up to five years.
Medroxyprogesterone: lasts three months.
Decreases the risk of ovarian and endometrial cancer and decreased the risk of ectopic pregnancy.
It involves the insertion of a small device into the uterus with the hopes of inhibiting implantation, altering tubal motility, or inflaming the endometrium.
Intrauterine contraceptive devices are associated with a relatively low failure rate (2-4% pregnancy rate) but do suffer from a higher rate of complications (e. G, four times increased the risk of ectopic pregnancy).
Intrauterine device (iud) with progestogen: it releases progesterone and must be replaced annually.
Iud with copper-t: it contains copper and can last up to 4-6 years.
Increased blood loss and duration of menses, increased dysmenorrhea
Expulsion of iud, pregnancy, perforation of the uterine wall when inserted, increased risk of tubo-ovarian abscess (esp. Among younger nulliparous females with greater than ;1 sex partner). Pid is not as common with the newer iuds but still a significant risk factor.
Indicated for: multiparous women greater than 35 years who smoke.
Concerns about pelvic infections and subsequent fertility often limit the use of iucds to women who are at low risk for sexually transmitted disease and to those less likely to desire further children, i. E, monogamous multigravid patients.
It involves the use of an artificial device to inserted into the vagina or fitted to the penis with the intent to retain the products of intercourse.
Condoms: condoms have a 2% failure rate in consistent couples and a 10% failure rate in occasional users. They are best indicated for std prevention.
Vaginal diaphragms: they have a 15-20% failure rate, but when combined with a spermicidal jelly and left in for 6-8 hours post-coitus failure rate declines to 2%. Diaphragms are associated with side effects of bladder irritation and cystitis, also colonization with s. Aureus if left in too long.
Cervical caps: they must be properly fitted and can be left in for a longer time than the diaphragm.
It has a 15- 20% failure rate and involves the use of sponges and spermicides.
Spermicides contain surfactants to disrupt cervical membranes; placed in the vagina up to 30 minutes before intercourse.
It involves the avoidance of intercourse from an onset of menses to 2-days post ovulation.
This method involves manipulation of parts of male and female anatomy such that conception is prevented by failure and gametes to combine.
Vasectomy: lesser than 1% failure and can be successfully reversed in some cases.
Tubal ligation: lesser than 1% failure rate. Increase risk of ectopic.
Emergency contraception pills - emergency contraception can be used if one had sex without using contraception; or if someone had sex but there was a mistake with contraception.
Emergency contraception options are usually very effective if started within 3-5 days of unprotected sex. The earlier you take this pill, the more effective it is. It works either by preventing or postponing ovulation or by preventing the fertilized egg from settling in the womb (uterus).
A proper patient counseling informing the success rate and complication of contraception should be an integral part of the treatment regime.
Hello Dr. My left overytube is blocked and I am not able to pregnant since two year please suggest me what to do to became pregnant.
Intrauterine devices or IUD are T shaped contraceptive devices. These contain levonorgestrel or copper and are inserted into the uterus. IUDs are considered to be one of the most effective birth control measures and also they are reversible (meaning it can be removed whenever a need arises). The copper IUd has a failure rate of 0.8%, while the levonorgestrel IUD has only had 0.2% failures till now. As per a report in 2007, IUDs are used by more than 180 million users all over the world.
What you should know about Intrauterine devices:
- Types of IUDs: There are 2 types of IUDs Copper and Hormone: Copper IUD is considered to be the conventional form of the contraceptive. It is T shaped with strings and is inserted into the uterus by a doctor. It can remain in the body for three to five years. Minera is a known brand of the hormone IUD. It contains low dose of hormone progestin and releases the same when inserted in the uterus. This is also T shaped and has strings. This can be left for three years.
- Pelvic infections are not caused by IUDs: There is a belief that IUDs cause pelvic infection but this is not true. The strings of the new IUDs are very thin and they do not cause any pelvic infection even if a person is suffering from a sexually transmitted infection (STI). Though there might be a slight risk of infection when the IUD is inserted and in the first 20 days, but that also dissolves soon.
- IUD can be used at any age: Earlier IUDs were not recommended for women who had never got pregnant. However, now anyone can use these irrespective of being pregnant or not. It is very safe for all age groups from teenagers to women involved in active sex to women post menopause.
- IUD is as effective as getting a tubal ligation: It is believed that Minera is 99.4% effective while sterilization (tubal ligation) is 99% effective in preventing a pregnancy. Ligation is considered to be a permanent birth control solution, while IUDs can be reversed.
- IUDs do not cause infertility: It was believed that a STI would creep into the pelvis through the string of the IUD and cause infertility but this is not so. Though a STI can cause infertility but the IUD has no role in the same and does not contribute or worsen the infection.
- Hormonal IUD have less side effects than birth control pills: Breast tenderness, acne, and bleeding for a short time may persist for the initial 3-4 months in case of hormonal IUDs. The copper IUD lead to cramping and heavy flow during menstruation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Detoxification is a process which helps in cleansing toxins. The toxins which are ingested may give rise to health problems such as insomnia, body aches, fatigue, distraction, and depression. If the chemicals present in your system are unwanted and affecting your well-being then you can opt for cleansing the toxins from your body by following a detox diet. Here are 4 things you need to know before you embark on a detox diet:
1. Not all healthy foods help in detoxification - All foods that help in detoxification are healthy but the reverse is not true. You need to have sound knowledge about anabolic and catabolic food before you start the process of detoxification. Anabolic foods belong to the 'body builder' variant, rich in protein and fat. Chicken breasts, eggs, and fish though otherwise fine to eat should be avoided during detoxification. Catabolic foods help in breaking down toxins in your body. This includes vegetables, fruits, and other complex carbohydrates.
2. You may have a bit of sickening feeling initially - Some people experience sickness when they start a detox diet. Cravings for usual food, nausea and headache can distract you for a while. But if you aim to eliminate the toxic substances from your body you need to have patience. Getting an adequate amount of rest and drinking filtered water and plenty of herbal tea can help you reduce the symptoms experienced. Gradually you will feel stable and energized.
3. Do not opt for a detox diet when you are sick - If your immune system is weak due to sickness then hold off the plan of switching to a detox diet until you regain the lost strength to prevent adverse effects. If you are sick then strengthen your body by eating a well-balanced diet, rich in protein and fat. Also, eat fruits and nutrient-dense vegetables. When you recover completely and feel healthy you can opt for a detox diet.
4. You will be back to putting on weight - A good and proper detox diet can eventually result in permanent weight loss and increased metabolism. However, if you start gulping down foods rich in protein and fat, you are bound to put on weight. This will not be a matter of concern if maintained up to a certain extent since the liver helps in opening up pathways to metabolize fat. But if you persistently splurge on cookies, pizza and beer then all the benefits of detoxification will get reversed. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I had unprotected sex on 26th of august and took an ipill within 1 hour but I still haven't got any withdrawal bleeding. Could I be pregnant?
National Geographic writer and explorer, Dan Buettner ,who studies the world's longest lived peoples, calls these areas where these people live ?Blue Zones?.
According to the New York Times they have the following in common:
1, An environment that encourages a healthy diet and plenty of exercise.
2, Healthy relationships with other people and good psychological health.
3, Looking after gardens.
4, Having a spirit of cooperation.
5, Easily accessible public health.
6, Being valued as seniors by their families and communities.
I have 5 years old baby. I had aborted in June 2016 (10 weeks pregnancy, Reason - bleeding/no growth of baby find in ultrasound). Now, I am pregnant (6 week). Age 32 years, height 5 feet 4 inch. TORCH test is conducted by Doctor. IgM are negative for TORCH (Toxoplasma gondii, Rubella, Cytomegalovirus & Herpes simplex). IgG are positive for TORCH (Toxoplasma gondii - 74 IU/ml, (Rubella - 26 IU/ml, (Cytomegalovirus - 54 au/ml, (Herpes simplex - 1.1 ratio). What is the meaning of this test result. Should we need any treatment.
Namaste sir. I am 27 years male from vizianagaram, ap. I had married recently. Can you kindly suggest me the best ways to avoid pregnancy and sexually transfered disease Thanking you sir/madam.
Sir or mam I want to ask thigh me jalan si start ho rhi hai aisa kyu ho rha hai aur kaise thk hoga.Please tell.
I HAVE SEX TODAY and MY WIFE is in her period.we had unprotected sex.so will there be any chances of pregnancy?
In today's contemporary times, our outer appearance plays a huge role in determining our path of success. Looking good in many ways has become essential for leaving a lasting impression. Nowadays, age is no longer a factor for looking or feeling beautiful. While beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, the onus to maintain that beauty lies with ourselves. Numerous grooming centres and salons are spread all over the street these days to cater to all our beauty needs. Gone are the days when dressing up and putting on make up were scoffed at. Why then do we tolerate wrinkles and scars just because time has decreed so.
With all kinds of correctional therapies and treatments, our skin can be as smooth and glamorous as ever. One of the most popular trick in this regard is filler injections.
Filler Injections- What are they?
Filler injections enable us to redefine those aspects of our faces, which have been the causes of consternation for a long period of time. These injections makes it possible to cover up unwanted wrinkles, smoothen lines and remove pitted scars. They can also be used to make the lips look fuller. These injections, when injected under the skin, raise up that area, lending it a more wholesome appearance. It is however, transient in nature and often requires repeated surgeries. While some of the most common aftermaths of this are redness, swelling or itchiness, none these last more than a day. It is therefore, a very safe beauty therapy for giving the furrowed skin a new leash of life. Many have vouched for how the filler surgeries have renewed their self confidence. However, there are a few risk factors that one must be mindful of before opting for a filler surgery.
Filler injections make the skin prone to certain allergies and rashes or even flu-like symptoms. Infections, bleeding and inflammation are other repercussions of a filler surgery. Filler injections contain Hyaluronic acid, collagens, fat cells and man-made polymers. In case one's skin reacts to any of these ingredients, then one must resort to expert care. However, most of these outbreaks are temporary in nature and this treatment is easily reversible in case one chooses to do so. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.