Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vaishali ChaudharyYour feedback matters!
Sir My gf is taken Ipill ND she has withdrawal bleeding after 8 days ND before 2 days her period she test Preganews advance but results was negative. But started Nausea continue for 3 days but after eating food. Chance of pregnancy. High or low. But nausea starts from her missed period date.
I am 28 years old almost 40 days pregnant. I am having lower back pain and lower abdominal pain and I can't stand for more than 15 mins my back starts aching. Also I had acute uti before 2 weeks. Is there anything serious?
I have a ovarion cyst since last one year sized 6 *6 cms ,& manstrul cycle is disturbed what is the remedy/ ot operate it ,from last 5 moths mc is total stoped my age is 41 and weight is 67 highte 5.1
Involuntary contractions of the diaphragm muscle, located at the base of the lungs, causes hiccups. Such spasms cause the sudden, quick closure of the vocal cords, during air inhalation, causing you to gasp with the characteristic ‘hic’ sound. Hiccupping is an uncontrolled reflex action, often triggered for no apparent reason.
They occur frequently and are more common in newborns and infants. A hiccupping bout generally continues for a few minutes and subsides on its own. These spasms generally occur in a constant rhythmic pattern. They are often set off by anything that creates a pressure on or around the diaphragm. These include:
- Eating too fast or because of the speedy swallowing of food
- Consumption of exceptionally hot and spicy foods
- Consumption of aerated fizzy beverages
- Lack of sleep, stress and exhaustion
- Excess consumption of Alcohol
- Intake of certain medications
How problematic can they be?
In most cases, hiccups stop within a short period of time. Persistent hiccups however, keep occurring for over 48 hours and some continue for over a month, which are also medically termed as Intractable Hiccups. Medical attention is required when hiccups start interfering with sleeping or eating patterns, cause intense breathing difficulty and vomiting. Relentless hiccupping can be painful and extremely tiring. It creates discomfort in the upper abdominal region, and hinders normal routine.
Home remedies for it
Hiccups are generally not serious and most often resolved by simple home remedies. Some of these home remedies include quickly drinking a glass of water, holding your breath for a while or evenly breathing into a paper bag.
Persistent hiccups, that occur at frequent intervals and continue for weeks and months could, however, be indicative of an underlying serious health condition. Therefore, you must visit a doctor if your hiccups do not subside easily.
Incessant hiccups could be symptoms of any type of liver or abdominal disease or lung disease such as pneumonia. Strokes, brain tumours and certain nervous disorders may also cause hiccups; as such disorders create a disturbance in the functioning of the diaphragm.
In case of painful, frequent hiccups, the physician may prescribe you some medications. These may include certain types of muscle relaxants, sedatives, analgesics or any other kind of stimulant that can help in providing a remedy.
How can you ‘prevent’ it?
The onset of a bout of hiccups, is mostly self induced, involuntary spasms, thus cannot often be predicted or prevented. However, certain precautions may be taken to avoid recurrence. Abstinence from smoking, controlled drinking, not gulping down food too fast are only a few ways that control the frequency of hiccups. However, it is always advisable to get yourself examined by a medical practitioner in case of a prolonged spell of hiccups.
I have a lump in my left breast since 3years but the mammography doesn't show anything and the report also says that everything is normal. What it can be?
I am pregnant and I want some information about 1 to 9 months food habits. Give me a brief details about pregnant.
My wife had miscarriage. After miscarriage in 8th month she had first monthly period after one month. Then we had sex I intercourse but not ejaculating. But now next monthly period she not having, now 10 days delay. Still she not having period. Is she pregnant if I did not ejaculating. What is d reason for delaying period? please reply.
Hi I am 21 years old women. In the month of July, I had light period (First day for normal, second and third day was very light and fourth day it was nothing), while in the month of august I am awaiting for my period on 13th, but It did not happen till now. I am tensed. Checked if pregnant on last week of July but it was negative twice, again checked two days back its negative only. I am not knowing whats wrong? Is this fine. Please help.
I married before one year my wife was preagnant after one mounth of our marrige and aftet a week she was bleeding we gone to docter doc was suggest for abbort now its one year my wife wants to pragnant again but she is not consiving pregnacy so pease doc suggest some thing for this.
We married before six months but first time Today morning After sex blood of my wife come from her private part. What can be reason of this? Is this symptoms of pregnancy. Or any other reason. Due date of my wife periods is 8 June.
I am 21 year old girl. I have irregular periods since last 6 months. I have taken many medicines suggested by my friends. But it wouldn't work. Please help me.
Im 32 years old n I had a sizerian one years ago before periods were regular 5 days. Periods started frm 3rd month of delivery only and from february im getting late for more than 15 days and periods long for two days only. Im scared wat myt be the reason.
As per the latest statistics published by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, about 9% women suffer from a deficiency of iron. Though the proportion is relatively low, iron deficiency can lead to various diseases, which can be very difficult to cure. So, look out for these telltale signs of iron deficiency and check whether you suffer from any of them.
- Fatigue: Your internal system uses iron for the production of haemoglobin, which is a component in the red blood cells, responsible for carrying oxygen to all parts of the body. So when the iron content is low, there is not enough haemoglobin production and all organ do not receive oxygen in the required quantities. This is bound to make you feel tired at most times.
- Inability to focus: People with iron deficiency often suffer from alteration in the synthesis of neurotransmitters. This can lead to decreased functionality and focusing abilities. This may also lead to the development of apathy towards all things, including family, friends, books, music or anything that you loved and enjoyed doing.
- Breathlessness: Without a proper supply of iron, there could be an oxygen crunch in the body, compelling you to feel breathless. This may happen anytime when you are working out or walking or reading a book.
- Paleness: Do you think your skin has lost lustre and become pale in the last few days? That’s definitely not a good sign and may be a symptom of decreased flow of blood and reduction in the RBC count.
- Trouble doing your daily chores: Low levels of iron in the body can cause your endurance level to suffer. Thus, you may find it difficult to run up the stairs or catch a vehicle or swim for a while.
- Soreness of muscles: Even if you could push yourself to reach the gym, you would experience the burns last longer than normal. Lack of right amount of iron prevents your muscles to recover at the right pace. As a result, you are likely to suffer from muscle aches.
- Brittle nails: If there is a recent a development of spoon shaped or concave depression in the nails, it could be a sign of possible deficiency of iron.
Often people tend to ignore the warning signs that the body gives to inform about the problem that’s cropping up. But you can’t take chances with your health and so, check for these signs without any delay. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I am 23 getting pregnant this is my 9 month continued. How I know that pain for delivery? every time I feel pain on my stomach.
I am 3 months old bride enjoying sexual relation very actively . My problem after being so active in sex m not conceiving also I took 3 ipill In 3 months . Please tell me what's the issue . Why m not conceiving.
I am a 39 yr. Old female. Ever since my first delivery in 2002, I have constant headaches, the frequency and intensity of which has increased over the years. Now, it is a fully developed and diagnosed migraine. Earlier, I could get relieved from the pain after taking one pain-killer. Now, during an attack I have to take pain killers every 4-6 hrs for at least 3-4 times to get relief from the pain. Pl. Advise.
Magnesium is one of those minerals that are used by every organ of your body, particularly the most hard working organs of your body viz. muscles, heart, kidney, liver and bones. Magnesium is drastically reduced in liver disorders or in an alcoholic's body. It is most important for bones. Its deficiency can cause Osteoporosis. In fact, any unexplained reasons for fatigue, pain, muscle spasms, eye-twitching or abnormal heart rhythms can be attributed to lack of magnesium. And most of the times it is remains undiscovered since it is distributed across the blood-stream, which makes it difficult to test in the first place.
These symptoms can give you a fair idea when to see a doctor for magnesium deficiency.
1) Early Signs - Early signs of magnesium deficiency includes numbness and tingling, seizures, abnormal heart rhythms, personality changes and coronary spasms.
2) Gynaecology Issues and Infertility - If the deficiency isn’t treated in the first place, it can lead you to a variety of other problems, such as gynaecology issues like PMS, infertility and pre-eclampsia, osteoporosis.
3) Chronic conditions - It can lead to problems like chronic back pain, Raynaud’s syndrome, migraine or nerve problems.
4) Hypertension and Bowel Diseases- It is also a responsible factor behind hypertension, hypoglycaemia, insomnia, bowel diseases, depression and other problems.
What Should You Do?
To generally up the magnesium levels, you should have plant based nutrients on regular basis, such as fruits and vegetables. Make sure that it is balanced with Vitamin K2 and D along with magnesium, to ensure overall health. However, you must take doctor's advice when it is a confirmed case of the deficiency.
If you have any further questions, ask me by clicking on 'consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media