Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vaishalee KiraneYour feedback matters!
I have dark complexion and but I want to be look a little bit fair. For this I use panderm + in starting it give good effect but after stop that usage, my skin become again dark. Only my forehead is more dark. Please give any good advise.
Hi I'm a male I use many or various different types of home remedies for my face or skin to look fair or get clear glowing but it does work for my skin or does gives me any results it makes my skin dark and gives lot of pimples and rashes and all on my face and skin please suggest me any one best home remedies for my skin to look fairer and clear glowing skin without any oil or pimples and rashes and all on my face please help me out please tel me o.
Hello, I had completed 18 years of age, in my face there is some amount of acne and pimple marks and dark spots present. Can you please tell me the best product for all these problems to get fully clear and brighter skin with no side effects.
My hair were very silky 3-4 years ago but, it seem being very rough & some what curly from 2-3 year. What should be effective cure, does daily use of shampoo is good or not?
My hair is falling, not just from the particular area of my head but from the all over head and body, I am not able to understand, what should I do. Please suggest me, it is happening since last three years. I have shaved my hair many times but then the old hair has stopped falling but when new hairs grow then after 5or6 days they get fall, its root is very small, pls pls sir do help me.
Haw can I solve the tb because I have pural iffican so my lungs having more pan for time of breathing on right side lung please give me response for solve and treat for the tb treatment I havd tb from 1.5 years and my treatment in continue on 6 months but right now I having pan please give me response for that issue.
I am using hairjoy. It has minidoxical chemical. Is it harmful to health. For my hair. Does it has side effects?
I am losing my hair quickly and have tried all shampoos but no effect yet. I am sure what else can I do. Can you please help me what this?
Im not able to get rid of pimple marks its looking like a red spots on my face and are many on both the sides of my cheeks And its making my skin look rough please suggest some thing.
There would only be a handful of people who are happy with the way their skin looks. While acne and pimples are the concerns at a younger age, but with age the concerns shift to dark circles and pigmentation. Both light and dark pigments become worrisome, and one continuously looks for ways to manage them.
The skin has a pigment called melanin, which is responsible for the color; more the melanin component, darker the skin complexion. This can either decrease or increase and can affect people of any age or gender. Whether or not you will be a victim of pigmentation depends on genetics, sun exposure, skin care regime, hormonal changes (puberty, pregnancy), stress levels and hormonal changes. While hyperpigmentation is very common with old age, hypopigmentation is not very normal and it is advisable to seek medical attention to rule out more serious underlying diseases. The most common types of hyperpigmentation include:
- Lentigo: It is also known as multiple freckles, if caused exclusively due to sun exposure, it is called solar lentigines or dark spots or age spots.
- Melasma: This is caused by hormonal changes, especially during pregnancy.
- Minimizing sun damage is the first and most important step in reducing onset and severity of pigmentation. Use a sunscreen that at least has an SPF of 15 regularly. It is not just on sunny days that the sun causes damage. If you are heading out (even cloudy days), it means the sun can damage you. Avoid sun exposure as much as possible if you know you are prone to pigmentation.
- Regular use of scrubs and exfoliators ensures the buildup of dead cells is removed, which itself leads to hyperpigmentation in many people. For dry or sensitive skin, exfoliate 1 to 2 times a week. For oily skin, exfoliate 2 to 3 times a week. Try to avoid scrubs on acne as the abrasive effect can worsen the condition.
Treatment for Hyperpigmentation:
Pigmentation issues run in the family and if your mother and grandmother had it, it is very likely you are prone for hyperpigmentation too. In these cases, aggressive skin care routine can help improve appearance. Ensure that the skin care products used contain at least an SPF of 15 and other active ingredients like alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs). The glycolic and lactic acids are examples of AHAs, which aid in removing dead cells that form on the skin. This produces a clearer skin with lesser discoloration. Vitamin C and E and kojic acid are also effective for treating hyperpigmentation. Other dermatological treatments-
- Chemical Peels: Chemical Peels are a more intensive treatment used in cases of more persistent pigmentation or to hasten the lightening effects of the topical prescription products. Peels work by exfoliating the upper-most layer of your skin and the dark area with it. There are many different types of peels and they are usually solutions that the dermatologist applies to the skin.
- Medication: Topical treatments such as hydroquinone, azelaic acid, corticosteroids, tretinoin cream, GA, and trichloroacetic acid. Skin whitening products are used for clinical treatment of postinflammatory hyperpigmentation.
In addition to these, ensure you eat a healthy diet with loads of fresh fruits and vegetables, stay hydrated, reduce sun exposure, and you surely will have be able to deal with pigmentation.