Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vaijayanti V.BodasYour feedback matters!
Is coper T a good method to prevent pregnancy for my girlfriend! We are in 20's. And have no plans for babies for next 5 to 6 years!
Am married, 1 year gone as like that, we are trying to conceive a baby, but am not. Every month my periods is normally coming in the exact date. Wat to do. I took many tests also all the results is normal. Pls give me suggestions.
we had intercourse on 18th day. her last period started on Aug 6. her period still not started. please advise.
Clinical studies have proven ginger’s effectiveness at calming nausea and vomiting. Research has also confirmed its potential against chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting (CINV). The majority of studies found a positive effect against this side effect of aggressive therapies. Ginger may be a powerful option for those suffering from toxic medical procedures.
2. Digestive Tract Protection
Ginger has also been historically used for flatulence, constipation, bloating, and other digestive complaints. In addition to these gastro-protective effects, researchers have found ginger to be effective for stress related ulcers.
3. Brain Health
Ginger contains compounds that have demonstrated protective effects for the brain. One of them, known as 6-Shogaol, inhibited the release and expression of redness-causing chemicals known to cause damage to neurons in both in vitro and in vivo models. The other, 10-gingerol, when sourced from fresh ginger, similarly impacted production of nitric oxide and other chemicals that lead to redness and swelling in the brain.
4. Migraine Relief
In a clinical trial, 100 patients received ginger powder or a drug given to migraine sufferers. The results showed the ginger powder helped reduce migraine related discomfort… without side effects.
5. Supports Stable Blood Sugar
Ginger has repeatedly demonstrated powerful blood sugar balancing effects. It acts on insulin release and sensitivity, and supports the metabolism of carbohydrates and lipids. In one study, insulin levels noticeably lowered with ginger supplementation. In addition to its effectiveness as a blood sugar stabilizer, ginger has also demonstrated powerful protective effects against diabetic kidney.
I just have a doubt that, previously a doctor suggested me that, to have sex from 10 day of menstrual cycle till 20th day. After 20th day should we stop having sex or what please give me a clarification.
Detoxification is a physiological and medical process of blood cleansing by removing impurities from the blood. It is a means of cleaning and nourishing the body from inside and it is done at least once a year. It includes one or more of the following: dieting, fasting, colon cleansing, removal of dental fillings or cutting out specific foods from your diet.
Benefits of detoxifying your body:
- Gets rid of excess waste
- Boosts your energy
- Strengthens your immune system
- Improves your respiration process
- Reduces weight
- Provides anti-aging benefits
Majority of the detoxification of your body is carried out by these 4 systems; Digestive, Respiratory, Urinary and Dermal. Any disturbance in these 4 systems results in accumulation of toxins in your body and may cause serious medical illnesses.
Homeopathy approach helps in maintaining the proper functioning and balance of the 4 systems. It is a gentle, natural and one of the safest ways of removing toxins. Homeopathic remedies for treating detoxification are as follows:
- Berberis Vulgaris: It acts as a stimulator of liver, gall bladder and kidneys. It is best suited for people who face rapid change of symptoms, pain all over the body, repeated diarrhea and stone in the kidney.
- Chelidonium tincture: It is a reliable liver and gall bladder drainer. It supports liver in removing toxin from your body due to heavy usage of drugs and antibiotics.
- Senega: It is an effective detoxification remedy for people exposed to respiratory issues with allergies.
- Nux Vomica: It acts as an intestine and liver stimulator. It is mostly used for symptoms linked with a sedentary lifestyle and excessive consumption of alcohol, drugs, caffeine, and tobacco.
- Taraxacum Officinale: It is used by people with stomach and digestion issues.
- Fumaria Officinalis: It detoxifies your body by purifying the blood, leading to enhanced functioning of the liver.
- Uva Ursi: It is an effective urinary antiseptic that supports the functioning of kidneys and reproductive system.
- Saponaria: It is used for skin draining purpose.
- Aloe: It is used for detoxification of the rectum.Apart from the homeopathy remedies, other self care measures such as drinking lots of water, healthy eating, exercising regularly, minimizing stress and avoiding alcohol and drugs can help in detoxifying.
Love making is an act that is supposed to leave you satisfied and happy, but sometimes that’s not the case. This can be due pain or discomfort, stress or low confidence levels. However, by adopting a few simple ways you can enjoy a healthier and a much more satisfying love-making session.
1. Talk between the sheets: This is very important. Your partner wouldn’t know what you’re in the mood of until and unless you tell them. Nobody can read minds. Know each other erogenous zones to know what turns your partner on. When your partner does something you like, or does something you don’t like, you should let them know in order to derive maximum pleasure during sex.
2. Make use of the correct lubricant: This is applicable for women: just as wetness is a part of sex, so is dryness no matter if you’re in the mood or not. Women hardly ever get the 20 minutes of foreplay they need to be properly lubricated before sex. Sometimes factors like childbirth, breastfeeding or menopause can aggravate this situation. So in such cases it is best to use a liquid lubricant that doesn’t cause allergy to you and your partner, and can make sex a smooth and pleasurable activity. Avoid baby oil or body lotions if you’re using a latex condom.
3. Check with your doctor for itching/ burning sensations: If you’re suffering from itching or burning sensations in your privates, then chances are you might be suffering from an infection. If it causes problem in your sex life, then a doctor should be immediately consulted. Sometimes it may just be an allergy to latex or a lubricant. In such cases try switching to a different type of condom and/or lubricant.
4. Explore different things together: A shift in position or a new sex activity can make sex highly enjoyable and exciting, adding that zing that was missing in your sex life. Indulge in role playing, sex toys or even light bondage if you like to spice things up in the bed. Also, keep shifting left, right, up and down in the same sex position to heighten pleasure.
5. Get enough sleep: Getting your fix of 8 hours of sleep is very important for a healthy love making session. Lack of sleep can leave you tired and not in the mood of any sort of sexual activity. It can even lower libido in men and in extreme cases it can lead to sexual dysfunction as well. So rest well to enjoy your private time with your partner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
The horrible effects of summer heat on the body are fairly well known: sunburn, heat stroke and serious dehydration can be life threatening illnesses. But did you know that paying attention to your oral cavity can tip you off and help prevent the onset of serious injury? Don’t let the summer heat get you down! This week, explore with us how your mouth can serve as a pathway to healthier, safer living in hotter months.
First things first
You know heat stroke (or sun stroke) is bad, but what is it exactly? Heat stroke is usually the result of lengthy exposure to the sun. For various reasons, the body fails to sufficiently sweat, leading to extremely high internal body temperatures. It is a condition that is typically rapid in onset, requiring immediate medical attention. Left untreated, it can result in multiple organ failures.
The Warning Signs
Many warning signs of summer illnesses actually start in the mouth. Though no two patients experience the same constellation of symptoms, many initially report problems with thirst, dry mouth and dry tongue before the onset of more worrisome indicators.
The most important thing you can do to prevent summer heat illnesses is drink plenty of fluids. This is especially true if one has been outdoors working or playing in the sun. Establish a schedule and drink plenty of fluids at regular intervals. You should also be drinking even if you do not feel thirsty or dehydrated. For an extra push, drink solutions like Pedialyte or Gatorade. These help maintain electrolyte balance during extreme heat. Avoid alcohol consumption, as liquor often dehydrates the body and leaves it wanting of critical fluids.
How much is Enough?
During extreme summer heat, you should be drinking at least eight glasses of water a day. But that is not a fixed amount. If you have been outdoors and active, you may need to drink much more. Pay attention to your body to determine how much fluids you should be drinking. Remember, the warnings signs are listed above.
I have problem with monthly periods come in 10 to 7 days in advance. Could you please suggest my problem. Age 29 yrs.
Some time before I asked a question about early period. Which is within 10 days of previous period .for which I got answers that may be hormonal change (due to birth control pills) it might happened. Bt yesterday again my period started within duration of 15 days to my previous one .this tym I haven't taken any pills or had sex. Then what it may b .this month I had 2 periods (1st period: 10 Aug - 17 Aug. 2nd period: 29Aug -3sept .3rd period: 18sept - ongoing. Please help this is really scary.
Hey doc. On October I had sex with prostitute in delhi with condom and it doesn't break. Now it's March and on 6/march/17 I went for hiv1&2 antibody test (RAPID test) And got negative (NON reactive) so did I have to take more test or not please help me I'm feeling very worry. Please help me.
How can avoid pregnancy after one of unprotected sex. It is done on 9 day of cycle and not take any thing after a week.
I think Due to heat, I am having too much problem while urine, it's is like a burning feel. And some pigments or pimples like things are seen on my vagina, because of which can't stay free, and it's paining. Please suggest me some ointment or treatment on that.
I have bleeding from yesterday I do ultrasound today it became negative for pregnancy but my endometrium wall is 12mm thick and egg not properly and ovary attach to uterus what I can do help me.
I am recording my Basal Body Temperature daily Morning as I am trying to conceive. Today is my expected period date. I found yesterday and today my BBT is at highest. 97.8. Last highest recorded temperature was 97.6 during ovulation. I have all signs of getting my periods. Cramps, heaviness in lower tummy. I usually read that temperature drops while approaching expected period if not conceived. But I am having all PMS symptoms. So what could be the reason. Your answer will help me learning my fertility chart better.
Dear sir After my married my period stop then doc consult. Doc gave me medicine for period and then continue. As par doc consult sonography had done .he says overy side some small ball like seen. Then give medicine all 9 and crimson .now I have to plan baby. Last three month try but not coming positive. Docs give day 2 to 7medicine bestrova .next 2 to 15 days KQ 100 and sustain sr for 16 to 25. But again period come. Today had seen small for period. Pls advice me. Last three month continue take same medicine but no readily. Every day also all 9 medicine running.
Build your bonesSpinach,radicchio and watercress may not immediately come to mind as foodsfor keeping bones strong, but all contain lots of vitamin K. A study at TuftsUniversityin Boston found that low dietary intake of vitamin K in women was associated with low bone mineral density. (Thestudy didn’t find a link in men.) Just one cup (250 mL) of chopped watercresshas 100 percent of your daily vitamin K; radicchio, 120 percent; and spinach,170 percent.Sharpen your eyesightTosstogether a salad of spinach,romaine and red leaf lettuce: They all contain loads of the carotenoids vitaminA, lutein and zeaxanthin’key to seeing better. Vitamin A helps eyes adapt from brightlight to darkness. Lutein and zeaxanthin can help filterout high-energy light that may cause eye damage from free radicals.Rev up your musclesRecentSwedish research found that inorganic nitrate ‘abundant in spinach‘resultedin muscles using less oxygen. Thestudy, which had healthy participants ride an exercise bike before and aftertaking a dose of nitrate, found it improved the performanceof the mitochondria’which power our cells’in muscles.Protect your heartWhipup a Caesar salad to benefit from romaine’s high levels of two heart-healthynutrients: Two cups (500 mL) of shredded romaine contain 40 percent of yourdaily needs of folate and 10 percent of fibre. A study done at TulaneUniversity in New Orleans showed that the higher the level of folate in aperson’s diet, the lower the risk of stroke and cardiovascular disease. Soluble fibre hasbeen shown to reduce the level of LDL (low-density lipoprotein) or ‘bad’cholesterol.Reduce risk of diabetesChronic magnesiumdeficiency has been linked to an increased risk of type 2 diabetes andthe development of insulin resistance. Twocups (500 mL) of spinach contain 16 percent of your daily magnesium needs;arugula has six percent.