Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vaijayanti KhanvilkarYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor, I have asked you about the contraceptives yesterday. And you suggested me not to take any pills. But what if I'm late on my monthly cycle.
For a healthy body, proper digestion and absorption of food is very important. The digestion is an extremely intricate process and involves many organs. Impairment in any of the organs can hamper the digestive process, leading to a very common condition called dyspepsia. It is caused by malfunction of one of the muscular organs along the digestive tract including esophagus, stomach, small and large intestines and colon.
Causes: While dyspepsia is more a symptom, there are various reasons that lead to it including gastritis, peptic ulcer disease, infections, motility disorders, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), cancers of the digestive tract or any other abnormality in the digestive tract.
Evaluation: When a patient has chronic dyspepsia or indigestion, the first thing to do is a thorough evaluation to find out the underlying cause. As noted above, there are functional and nonfunctional causes leading to dyspepsia. While gastric ulcers or polyps are visible during an endoscopy, conditions like gastritis and malignancy can only be diagnosed under microscopic examinations.
Some of the tests that are used for evaluation of the cause of dyspepsia include:
1. X-ray: Any growth would be visible on an x-ray and further testing can then be done to confirm the exact nature of it.
2. Endoscopy: This will allow the doctor to see the actual digestive tract and identify any structural abnormalities or growth.
3. Colonoscopy: If the problem is suspected to be in the lower gastrointestinal tract, then a colonoscopy may be in indicated.
4. Gastric emptying study: This study can also reveal the abnormalities in the digestive tract
5. Culture: Dyspepsia caused by Helicobacter pylori can be diagnosed through cultures of the stomach contents.
Treatment: The treatment of dyspepsia is quite complicated and cannot be clearly outlined given the various conditions that it is associated with. Even specific foods can induce indigestion in some people. Therefore, a multipronged approach is required to treat dyspepsia.
Education: The affected person should be educated about the non-life-threatening nature of the problem and its chronicity. Some of the drugs used in treatment include:
1. Proton pump inhibitors: These reduce the amount of acid produced in the stomach and thereby help in relieving symptoms.
2. Promotility drugs: They improve the movement of the muscles in the intestinal tract and are so used in managing dyspepsia.
3. Antibiotics: If an infection is suspected, antibiotics are effective.
4. Smooth muscle relaxants: Drugs like hyoscyamine and methscopolamine have been shown to provide relief in some patients.
5. Psychotropic drugs: Anxiety and depression are frequently seen in people with dyspepsia, and managing these can help reduce the dyspepsia.
As noted, the causes, symptoms, and management are very specific to individuals and needs to be managed by the doctor.
My friend took Ipill and she started bleeding next day. It was very light for first 5 days then it becomes heavy. Its been now 9 days total and bleeding is still heavy. She is feeling weak and pain in body. Usually she is having regular periods with normal bleeding. Kindly suggest what to do? We are really worried as its been 9 days and its still bleeding.
As sweet potatoes are rich in fiber and have a low glycemic index, hence are a good source food in diabetics. Cooking methods preferred are by roasting with skin intact or sauteing in oil, as fats also delay carbohydrate absorption. Boiled or mashed sweet potatoes are not recommended as the digestion is faster.
Sweet potatoes are also good post work out snacking option. Sweet potatoes with skin are a good source of fiber and complex carbohydrates. The carbohydrates are are a great source to replenish your glycogen stores after an intense bout of exercise.
Genophobia or coitophobia is the irrational psychological fear of intercourse. It is a type of a phobia and people suffering from it fill all or most of the criteria of specific phobia according to the ICD (The International Statistical Classification of Diseases). Genophobic people may be terrified of sexual intercourse or all acts involving sex. It is different from erotophobia in the sense erotophobia is the irrational fear of sexuality and not the act in itself.
- The causes of genophobia may be attributed to different experiences and origins according to different psychological perspectives. According to the psychoanalytic perspective, genophobia may be caused by the rigid or extremely religious upbringing, which affected the development of ego, making the individual fear all acts that are sexual because it causes moral anxiety and a severe clash of the superego (ethical portion of one's personality)and i'd (primitive component of one's personality).
- According to the learning perspective, genophobia may develop due to an unpleasant sexual experience such as rape or molestation. Rape Trauma Syndrome leads the survivor to relive the trauma several times and develop apprehension. They may begin to fear sex eventually by relating it to the unpleasant experience, eventually leading to genophobia. It may also be caused if the individual observes sexual acts that are traumatizing in nature, in media or otherwise.
- It may also result from severe performance anxiety, especially for those who lack sexual experience and have abstained from sex for a prolonged period of time. There is also a chance that other phobias, such as the fear of diseases, especially STDs, may lead to a fear of sexual acts. Some people might relate sexual intercourse with acquiring diseases, thus leading to the development of genophobia.
Symptoms: Symptoms of genophobia include the fear of sexual intercourse and all acts within, breathlessness, nausea, dizziness, feeling sick and fear of losing control. All these symptoms take place in the context of sexual acts.
Treatment: Genophobia is treated like all other phobias. Therapeutic technique such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (a conversation centric therapy that focuses on how thoughts and beliefs can affect one's actions) is widely used in the treatment of genophobia along with medications. The therapeutic technique varies from patient to patient. For instance, the therapeutic technique used for a rape survivor would be completely different from that which is used for an individual with a fear of STDs. With proper treatment, genophobia is curable, eventually allowing the individual to have a particularly healthy sex life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
1. Diabetes:- bitter gourd has multiple health #benefits. It is mostly consumed for triggering the blood sugar level. Diabetes is a common ailment that affects many people today. Regular intake of bitter gourd juice helps prevent the rise of blood #sugar levels. It also helps cure insulin resistance without taking any external medication.
2. Antioxidant: - karela juice is an excellent natural antioxidant. An antioxidant is essential for removing toxins from the body. At the same time, it helps to rejuvenate the body cells and prevents free radicals. The juice of #karela is the finest tonic for those who are addicted to smoking. Taking karela juice helps to cleanse the nicotine layer from the system.
3. Asthma:- asthma patients can highly benefit by having karela juice. It helps cure a chronic cough and breathing problems by removing the sputum that accumulates in the lungs and the respiratory tract.
4. Skin:- karela juice is excellent for the skin. It helps to remove the fine lines from the upper surface of the skin. Having this juice will also prevent premature ageing. It helps cure and purify blood from within the system.
5. Digestion:- karela juice enhances digestion. It increases the production of enzymes that aid the digestion process.
6. Weight loss:- bitter gourd is excellent for weight loss. Karela benefits to weight loss are attributed to its high fibre and low carbohydrates and calories content. It makes an ideal diet for those who are on a weight loss program.
I am having pain when I touch my nipple. And even if I press my breast also it pains .i am very much worried about breast cancer .is it a sign.
I have done sex with my wife (a week ago) without taking precaution. Now it seems she is pregnant. And we both do not want it. Now what to do. Symptom shown today i.e implantation Kindly suggest.
My wife feels stressed and have sudden mood swings since her pregnancy started 4 months before. Does this happen to all women during pregnancy? How can I keep her happy during this crucial period?
Meri wife ke period 6 August ko aaye the uske baad abhi tak nai aaye kal hi Maine prega news lane fuel kiya per result negeetiv tha abi kaise pata chalega wo pregnant hai ya nahi our agar pregnant nai hai to period abitak kyo nai aaye please reply kare thankfully our ek sawal uske aang perse safed pani bahut jata hai iski wajah kya ho sakti hai please reply.
How much it would cost for mtp or for abortion kit? Will it be very harmful and there will not be any problem for health in future.
I have pcod since 1.5 year. Im taking ginette 35. I have taken 3 cycles. My thyroid and prolactin are normal. No anemia. I feel am gaining weight. My periods are irregular since 5 years. So please "PRESCRIBE" me sme ayurvedic medicines for pcod and for weight control.
Sometimes I feel like itching near vaginal area and that is vigorous. So need to know the reasons or the precaution I can take and even I got scratches due to that itching strokes I get. Need help.
I got periods with in 10 days of my last period. On 15th of this month my periods end bt in 10 days they again come. Is there any other reason for that.
Hi sir will a women get pregnant by doing oral sex? If I cum on my wife" s mouth will she get pregnant or not? Is there any way to get pregnant with out doing hard sex.
Is it healthy to have sexual intercourse during pregnancy. Mine wife is insecure about about it. She get aroused but feared to have sex saying something or the other will be side effect will happen if we indulge in intercourse. please help me n her regarding this. Is it unsafe to have sex during this period. Should we use condom on not during sex. please guide me. Thank you in advance.
Dear Sir/Mam on 10th sep doctor done IVF process and now days my wife feeling little pain and size changes in breast. She is eating healthy green foods and khichdi, milk (4 times in day in small -small quantity )etc and taking full rest from the same day. Doctor invited us on 26th sep for result checkup. Please suggest what other step we take any health or food related.
1. Reasons-to-quit checklists
2. Why do I smoke?
3. Am I addicted to nicotine?
4. My smoking diary