Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vaijayanti KhanvilkarYour feedback matters!
Maine copper T lgaya tha vo Maine June 1st week me nikale but muje may se period nahi aya to Maine prega news se bhe cheek kiya to negative hai or white pani bhi jada jata hai to es problem ka solution bataiye pls.
I have some burning sensation on my clitoris and walls around my vagina, sometimes I have immense burning sensation when I pee and sometime there is no burning when I pee.
Reasons for late periods without pregnancy?how to find pregnancy is confirm? One time sex will cause pregnancy?
What is the treatment for thyroid and what is the period to take medicine and risk for take long time medicine.
I am 8 weeks 2 days pregnant. I am having mild cramps in lower abdomen. Why is it so? I am much concerned as it's my first pregnancy after 9 years of marriage. That too 2nd ivf. What should I do follow to have a healthy baby?
I'm 30 years, unmarried. Suffering from white discharge for 3 day. Please advice what will I do for her ?
As am suffering from thyroid and PCOD problem I have got a lot of unwanted hair .Please give me a precaution so that I can rid of my unwanted hair.
The fallopian tubes are not mere passages for the egg to travel from the ovaries to the uterus. It is here that conception occurs and hence healthy fallopian tubes are essential for the fertilization of an egg. Damaged fallopian tubes are the most common cause of infertility. This damage can fall under three categories-
- Blocked fallopian tubes
- One blocked and one open fallopian tube
- Tubal scarring
The third is usually an effect of pelvic infections or natural healing after a pelvic surgery. Sadly, in most cases, this condition is discovered only after infertility has been diagnosed. Other causes of fallopian tubal scarring include:
- STDs such as chlamydia trachomatis and neisseria gonorrhea
- Adhesions caused by ruptured ovarian cysts
- Peritonitis and
- A history of ectopic pregnancies
Fallopian tubal scarring has no recognizable symptoms. Chronic pelvic pain is the only known symptom of this damage and that too can be seen only in severe cases of tubal scarring. On diagnosing infertility, your doctor will perform one of these tests to determine the condition of your fallopian tubes.
- Hysterosalpingogram: This is a type of X-ray. Your doctor will open the vagina with a speculum and inject a liquid into the uterus with the help of a catheter. If the liquid does not pass through the fallopian tubes, it is said to be blocked. This however does not say much about tubal scarring.
- Laparoscopy: A small incision is made below the belly button and a slim, flexible tube with a camera is passed through the incision. This gives your doctor a clear view of the condition of your fallopian tubes. A laparoscopy can also be used to rule out other causes of infertility such as endometriosis or blocked fallopian tubes.
Treatment for infertility caused by tubal scarring is of two types.
- Surgery: This is suggested in cases where tubal scarring is minimal. Depending on the intensity and placement of scar tissue, your doctor may decide to perform one of many types of surgeries. He may choose to remove the scarred section of the fallopian tube, create a new opening (in case of blockages) or rebuild the damaged edges of the fallopian tubes.
- In vitro Fertilization(IVF): Women with badly scarred fallopian tubes usually have poor chances of conceiving naturally. Hence, IVF is the preferred treatment route. However, your doctor may still advise you to undergo surgery and remove the damaged tubes prior to IVF to prevent the tubes from filling with fluid.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 28 my blastocyst transfered on 6/9/16 and beta hcg level test on 20/6 shows 1680 today morning Some brown blood release with a clot. Now I am in tension please explain the matter.
On day 16 my ET was 14.6. On day 13 my follicle sized 16.5 in my left ovary and on day 16 my follicle shinked to 13.5 with ET 14.6 on day 16. I took a ovulation test on day 15 which turned out to be positive But on day 16 scan doctor couldn't confirm ovulation as she couldn't see the corpus luteum. Could I be pregnant?
Fungal infections can affect any part of the body. Fungi are normally present in and on the body alongside various bacteria. When a fungus begins to overgrow, you can get an infection.
Onychomycosis, also called tinea unguium, is a fungal infection that affects either the fingernails or toenails. Fungal infections normally develop over time, so any immediate difference in the way your nail looks or feels may be too subtle to notice at first.
Why Does It Develop?
A fungal nail infection occurs from the overgrowth of fungi in, under, or on the nail. Fungi thrive in warm, moist environments, so this type of environment can cause them to naturally overpopulate. The same fungi that cause jock itch, athlete’s foot, and ringworm can cause nail infections.
Fungi that are already present in or on your body can cause nail infections. If you have come in contact with someone else who has a fungal infection, it may have spread to you. Fungal infections affect toenails more commonly than fingernails because toes are usually confined to shoes, where they’re in a warm, moist environment.
If you get a manicure or pedicure at a nail salon, be sure to ask how the staff disinfects their tools and how often they do it. Tools, such as emery boards and nail clippers, can spread fungal infections from person-to-person if they’re not sanitized.