Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. VaijayanthiYour feedback matters!
I'm 25 unmarried girl, having pcos problems. I have facial hair growth over curly n chin. N irregularities of period. I have tested and report is high level of testosterone hormones.
Sir aise to mera 11 July ko period shuru huaa tha or pahla din se hi gharb nirdhok kha rahi hun or sex period ke 6v din me kiya tha par mujhe hamesha thakan mehsus hote rahta hai. Sir agar mai pregnant huyee bhi hun to aap mujhe gharbpat karne ki pill ka name bhi bata dijiye please sir help me.
I have too much pain on the first day of period. And i have to take pain killer diclobin plus. Does it effect my health much?
The fallopian tubes are not mere passages for the egg to travel from the ovaries to the uterus. It is here that conception occurs and hence healthy fallopian tubes are essential for the fertilization of an egg.
Damaged fallopian tubes are the most common cause of infertility. This damage can fall under three categories.
- Blocked fallopian tubes
- One blocked and one open fallopian tube
- Tubal scarring
The third is usually an effect of pelvic infections or natural healing after a pelvic surgery. Sadly, in most cases, this condition is discovered only after infertility has been diagnosed. Other causes of fallopian tubal scarring include:
- STDs such as chlamydia trachomatis and neisseria gonorrhea
- Adhesions caused by ruptured ovarian cysts
- A history of ectopic pregnancies
Fallopian tubal scarring has no recognizable symptoms. Chronic pelvic pain is the only known symptom of this damage and that too can be seen only in severe cases of tubal scarring. On diagnosing infertility, your doctor will perform one of these tests to determine the condition of your fallopian tubes.
- Hysterosalpingogram: This is a type of X-ray. Your doctor will open the vagina with a speculum and inject a liquid into the uterus with the help of a catheter. If the liquid does not pass through the fallopian tubes, it is said to be blocked. This however, does not say much about tubal scarring.
- Laparoscopy: A small incision is made below the belly button and a slim, flexible tube with a camera is passed through the incision. This gives your doctor a clear view of the condition of your fallopian tubes. A laparoscopy can also be used to rule out other causes of infertility such as endometriosis or blocked fallopian tubes.
Treatment for infertility caused by tubal scarring is of two types:
- Surgery: This is suggested in cases where tubal scarring is minimal. Depending on the intensity and placement of scar tissue, your doctor may decide to perform one of many types of surgeries. He may choose to remove the scarred section of the fallopian tube, create a new opening (in case of blockages) or rebuild the damaged edges of the fallopian tubes.
- In Vitro Fertilization(IVF): Women with badly scarred fallopian tubes usually have poor chances of conceiving naturally. Hence, IVF is the preferred treatment route. However, your doctor may still advise you to undergo surgery and remove the damaged tubes prior to IVF to prevent the tubes from filling with fluid.
2.) grains: all grains especially amaranth (rajgeera) and quinoa are higher in protein content than others.
3.) all green and yellow vegetables help the synthesis of protein in the liver, which is very important especially for weight loss.
4.) good quality fermented foods: these are easily digested as they have been broken down already by good bacteria, and are also rich in protein.
5.) nuts and seeds are concentrated forms of both proteins and fats. These include flax, pumpkin, sunflower, walnuts and almonds.
6.) spirulina (easily available online in india) is rich in trace minerals, chlorophyll, and is the highest source of concentrated protein.
Hello. Dr.i m nitu. My age 26 year old. Mame merit mc date 13 Oct .ko hui thi. Cycl 28 ka h.lekin abab 11 nov gya. Lenin mere mc ni aai. Maine sex time condom use kiya. Kya m pregnant hu?
My last menstrual period was on 25 th april. Im 25 year old female. Then on 4 th may I had sex with my boyfriend and took unwanted 72 within 12 hrs then I had bleeding on 12 th may for 3 days then we had sex again on 20th may and again I took unwanted 72 within 12 hrs now I had some bleeding on 27 th may for 3 days. Is there any possibility I could get pregnant and when will be my next period date. What should I do. Please help me.
Good Morning Mam/Sir. Am 22 years old. I have one baby she is 7 months. Last month 16th started periods & completed. Now I do not want pregnant at what time I will not participated in sex. Plze suggest me.
I'm 24 year old I had a sex with prostitute I used condom but when I removed my penis I noticed that condom was broken now I scared of having disease like hiv aids please help me out now what should I do what types of body check up I go for please help me.
If I do sex without condom with my partner and ejaculate inside then what would be the probability of getting her pregnant, if both of us are fully functional. Is there any time period during the menstrual cycle, during which we can do sex without any protection and still avoid pregnancy without any pills? And also what is good time for sexual intercourse to create a ZYGOTE. Please take menstruation as reference point for both questions.
Counting calories is one of the most popular ways of dietary management for weight management. It is not always easy to do when you're out or pressed for time, may be in a situation like dinner party, hiking, etc.
Here are some basic guidelines to follow when straight calorie counting is impractical.
1. Eat foods that are filling and low in calories. That means, as often as possible, your meals and snacks should include whole grains, such as brown rice, whole-wheat bread, and oatmeal, as well as legumes, such as lentils and other beans. And don't forget to fill at least half your plate with fruits and vegetables.
2. When you eat meat, cut out fat and cut down portion sizes. Choose lean cuts of meat and modest amounts about 3 or 4 ounces per serving (which is roughly the size of your palm).
3. Avoid fried foods. Frying foods adds fat and calories. For stove top cooking, it's better either to stir-fry foods in a non-stick pan lightly coated with a cooking-oil spray or to braise them in broth or wine. Baking, broiling, and roasting are also great options.
4. Choose low-fat or fat less dairy foods. Milk, yogurt, and cheese are good sources of protein and calcium, but the whole-milk versions of these dairy products are very high in fat.
5. Avoid fast foods. Hamburgers, chicken nuggets, french fries, and other fast-food staples tend to promote weight gain for two reasons. First, they are high in fat, calories, or both. Second, the" value meals" available at many fast-food chains are often excessively large and tempt you to overeat.
6. Avoid high-calorie, low-nutrient snacks. Chips and other deep-fried snacks are high in fat and therefore calories. But even snacks labelled" low-fat" are often high in calories because they contain large amounts of sugars and other carbohydrates.
7. Watch what you drink. Regular sodas, fruit juices, and, especially, alcoholic beverages are high in calories.
Source: health beat (harvard medical school)
Last week I got a sonography done as I am not having my periods since 3 months. The reports were normal however it said my uterus wall is heterogeneous. I am worried as to what might be the reason behind this heterogeneous wall of my uterus and how to normalize my periods.
When to start planning for a baby, I mean during which phase. After period before periods? Please tell me.
Abdominal pain or stomach ache could occur any time due to various reasons. The point is we should remain ever ready to control abdominal pain. If we know how to control abdominal pain we could also offer this help to our colleagues as well who are in great pain as a remedial measure. In any case we would have to take the patient to the doctor if we are unable to pacify the patient. Some of the major causes of abdominal pain are kidney stones, inflammation of gallbladder, hernia, food poisoning, ulcers and gastric problems. However, there is no point to dishearten. Here a few remedies which can help you control abdominal pain, till the actual assistance arrives:
If you think that you took a heavy food before the abdominal pain has started it would be a great idea to drink plain soda water. It would provide great relief within no time.
1. Mix 1tsp of mint juice, lime juice and ginger juice. Add a pinch of black salt take this mixture with water you would get instant relief from abdominal pain.
2. Pomegranates can also help treat stomach ache. In a ball of pomegranate add some salt and black salt. Chew this seeds slowly. You would get instant relief from abdominal pain.
3. You can also try this method if you think your abdominal pain has not got relief. In a cup of water add 20 grams of aniseeds. Keep this for overnight and strain the mixture next morning. As soon as you drink it you would get instant relief.
4. After taking fenugreek seeds make a paste of it. Add this paste to a bowl of curd. By this way you would get quick relief from abdominal pain.