Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. VabalYour feedback matters!
I have been diagnosed with Myasthenia .It started in July 2014 with ocular Myasthenia and my eye lids drooped alternatively. After complete tests ocular Myasthenia was diagnosed. I was given 30 mg Wysolone for three months then in next one year by gradual tapering the dose of Wysolone was tapered to 10 mg/ Alternate day but it was also supplemented with Mycophenolate Moffetil 1000 mg/ day. Things were absolutely ok but in July 2016 this year I started swallowing trouble. Doctor revised my dose of Wysolone to 25 mg/ Alternate day. Moffetil tabs 1000 mg per day are continued but additionally distinon 1/2 tab thrice a day (means one and 1/2 per day). My question is: Do I have a hope of better .preferably ayurvedic or Yoga medication which will have a better cure / maintenance of this dis order? Do I have a hope of living a normal life? My question of this type is with an intension of avoiding side reactions of steroids and / or immunosuppressant. My name is Arun Deshpande, Age 63. Live in Aurangabad, Maharashtra.Retired. Led absolutely very healthy life through out till it started.
Eye allergy or allergic conjunctivitis is an eye disorder where inflammation of the conjunctiva in the eyes takes place. Eye allergies are different from contagious or bacterial conjunctivitis. Eye allergies are more likely to occur during the hot, summer season. Homeopathy offers excellent treatment for eye allergies. Below listed are are some homeopathic medicines, which cure eye allergies, along with the symptoms when they are prescribed.
- Apis Mel: Apis Mel treats eye allergies characterized by a burning and stinging sensation in the eyes. Oedema accumulates around the eyes, and the eyelids become swollen and puffy. Watery discharge comes out of the eyes.
- Euphrasia: This is an effective homeopathic medicine for treating eye allergies where there is an acrid discharge from the eyes. The discharge is acidic and burns the skin that comes in contact with the same. Burning pain in the eyes is indicated. The eyes become watery.
- Argentum Nitricum: Argentum Nitricum is an effective homeopathic medicine used in case of eye allergies with an abundant, prulent discharge. The patient develops photo phobia, and splinter like pain in the eyes is experienced. The conjunctiva swells.
- Ruta: This is a fine homeopathic medicine for treating eye allergies where there is a sensation of the presence of a foreign body in the eyes. Indicated by severe eye irritation, the patient feels something like a dust particle is stuck in his eyes. The eyes become red and painful.
- Pulsatilla: Pulsatilla is used when there is relief due to the application of cold water. Symptoms include discharge of a thick, yellow fluid from the eyes. Itching and burning is caused. The eyelids feel agglutinated.
Other than homeopathic remedies, natural, home-based remedies can be used to treat eye allergies as well. They are:
- Cold compress: Application of cold compress around the allergy affected area provides relief. Soak a cloth in cold water and apply it gently to the affected area. Chamomile tea bags can be used as cold compress.
- Cucumber: You can place round slices of cucumber over the allergy affected area on the eyes to get relief. Cucumbers contain anti-irritation properties, which help to reduce puffiness, swelling and irritation in the eyes.
- Rosewater: Rose water is an effective natural remedy for eye allergies. It soothes and cools the eyes, and makes the eyes clear. Rose water can be used as an eye drop.
- Green tea: Green tea is completely natural and gives relief to eye allergies. It soothes the eyes and is anti-inflammatory in nature.
Eye allergies are common and affect people during summer the most. They may reoccur every year. Homeopathic and natural treatment methods for eye allergies are very efficient treatment procedures. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Any 1 doctor that improve my eye sight in just 1 month or 2 months I have 1 number 1 eye medicine or any exercise.
Hello. I am going to gym from the past 1 year and my Eye power seems to be increasing every 3 months. I sit in front of my PC and work. I also work late night. Is that the reason? How can I protect my eye? I already wear glasses. Secondly, I wanted to get my eye laser surgery done. How effective is it? Can I undergo this? My age is 20. But my power keeps changing. My doctor said me that the eye power can change because I workout and become thin. Please suggest me about the laser treatment and also my increasing eye power and solution to siting in front pc for longer period. Any gadget or glasses I need to wear? (i already wear my power glass) Please reply Thank you.
Dear Doctor, I'm using spectacles from past 14 months. Before that I never realize that I have a problem with my eyes. Only one day suddenly I was not able to read presentation so after checkup doctor advised to wear speck. Now a days if I remove I find blur everything. I'm so worried. Also I want to change to contact lance but I feel it's unhygienic. Kindly advice which one is better. Glasses or contact lance. Also what can I do for better vision. I have a habit using mobile till midnight.
Hi, I am 27 years old and I got half headache and before it starts my sight will get blurry (dark) and then sever pain starts.
For last few days I am having problem in my eye. In right eye upper eye-lid is swollen and getting pain regular and while touching. Getting problem while eyelid gets down.
I am 39 years male, swelling on my both eyes, no infection inside eyes, I worked entire night two days back.
Sir Mujhe 2ya 3 din se mera aankh bhari lag raha h jaise ki nind hi AA rahi ho jbki mai rat me 8 hours sota v hu.
Hii my upper eyelid of my right eye is pulsating since last 15 days. I thought it will stop bt its still pulsating. M scared kindly let me knw the reason of pulsating .nd treatment for the same.
I have red eyes about five days and my breathing speed is increasing when I rapidly move onwards n downwards.
Sir, my eyes have power of -5.5 and I don't wish to wear spectacles. please tell the options available to me. Also kindly tell me about the LASIK laser operation for eyes and how safe is it. Also is contact lens a good option for my eyes? What are its drawbacks? Thanking you. Aman Deep.
I read on the internet that Aloe Vera juice is good for application on eyes, so why can't I apply it on my eyes?
Eyes are believed to be the most attractive feature in a person. A pair of beautiful eyes can melt millions of hearts. Skin ageing and its consequences can throw life in jeopardy. Sagging eyelids are one such unwanted consequence. With ageing, the skin loses its elasticity to a great extent.
There is an increased skin accumulation around the upper and lower eyelids. As a result, the eyelids become sagging and droopy. Sagging eyelids can be annoying, affecting a person's overall appearance and self-confidence. In extreme cases, it interferes with the normal vision of the affected individual. Eye irritation is also common.
Thus, the problem needs to be treated at the earliest. Blepharoplasty or the eyelid surgery comes as a huge relief. Here, the surgery is mainly performed to enhance an individual's appearance. To treat sagging eyelids, it is important to get rid of the accumulated skin, loose muscles and fat pads. Procedure is done under local anesthesia.
For upper eyelids, the surgeon makes small punctures along the line of the eyelids. These punctures act as the exit points for the unwanted skin, muscles and fats. Following the removal of the skin present in excess, the punctures are carefully stitched. In case of the lower eyelids, the fat pads are removed through an incision made inside the eyelids. The excess skin can also be eliminated through an incision made along the margin of the eyelashes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.