Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shrikant V. M Khanapurkar
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shrikant V. M KhanapurkarYour feedback matters!
I am 28 years old, having dark circles face tan and scars problem. My skin is very sensitive. Please suggest some treatment which will show the results immediately.
My vagina area is becoming dark day by day please suggest me some cream or medicine to make it fairer.
I hv pimples on my face before but it left small hole all over my face how I cn cure plzz give some advice.
Excessive hair loss or developing baldness often causes many people to lose their confidence, which naturally takes a toll on both their professional as well as the personal life. But, with the introduction of hair transplant surgery where natural hair follicles are implanted on the scalp of the patient, now having the desired look has become very much possible. Known to be one of the finest hair treatment procedures, the hair transplant can help one in a lot of ways.
- No balding: Opting for hair transplant surgery can alleviate your worries of becoming bald by eliminating the bald spots. However, the hair growth of the transplanted hair may not be as quick as the natural hair, but the final results are not only close to natural results but also highly-effective too.
- Safe and natural process: Often many people worry about the hair transplant procedure being not so safe or the complications it will cause. But, in reality, there are no such things as after-transplant complications or the process being unsafe, when it is performed by skilled dermatologists, following the most appropriate and safe procedures.
- Low maintenance: Hair transplant can also help one in offering the natural hair that requires no to minimal maintenance and care. Once the scalp gets back to its normal self, it never causes any hair management issues. Transplanted hair functions just like the normal hair and don't require any particular chemical or shampoo for ensuring its natural look. Being a one-time process, it becomes convenient.
- Improve the appearance: For those who are still wondering about whether and how opting for hair transplant can prove to be helpful to them, the appearance it provides can be the biggest reason to go for it. Perfectly replacing the area of the head that is hairless, hair transplant surgery can make one look like he or she never suffered hair loss problem before.
- A permanent solution: Unlike any other treatments, the effectiveness of which tend to fade away with time, hair transplant ensures lasting results. Once all the transplant procedures are over, you can let go of the whole ordeal of worrying about losing hair again. Depending on the condition of the scalp and the amount of hair present on the scalp, a hair transplant specialist can help one in regaining the lost hair volume and offer a permanent solution to the depressing hair loss problem.
However, after the surgery is performed, you might need to take pain relieving medications for few days will help in dealing with the to deal with the surgery pain. Taking special care of the scalp for a few days may after the surgery also becomes necessary as the scalp tends to be tender right after the surgery. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sir this is a query regarding male private part. When my private part and area around it gets dry particularly by evening of the day it starts itching and as I scratch it gets reddish and the skin gets somewhat removed and then it burns a lot. Sometimes I apply oil but not always so this problem remains. Please suggest some ointment or any home remedy. Awaiting your kind response.
Nails are an important part of your physiology, although they are mostly used for either utilitarian purposes such as gripping or for beauty purposes such as nail decorations. Nails themselves can go through infections which need not have underlying causes and thus can cause damage to that part of the tissue. One such disorder of the nail is onycholysis.
What is onycholysis?
This is a disorder where the nail on the finger or the toes starts to separate from the skin below. This happens little by little and usually starts at the tip and then progresses backward. The further back it progresses, the more nail tissue it destroys. While the entire nail may not be detached from the nail bed, parts of it may chip off, showing the tissue underneath.
Symptoms of Onycholysis:
- Jagged border between the pink flesh of the nail bed and the yellow edge of the nail
- Detached nails become opaque, yellow or may turn green in color
- Nail may become irregular in shape and size
- Bits and chunks of nails can break off easily
Primary Causes for Onycholysis:
Let's look at some of the primary causes of onycholysis:
- Frequent Trauma - If you have a profession or work at home where you constantly require tapping away, it might cause minute injuries to build up within the nails and the fingers. Tapping on keyboards is one area where you could get repetitive trauma like this.
- Manicure Problems - Many salons may aggressively try to clean the underside of the nails and in the process, slowly dislodge the nail form the nail bed and cause onycholysis. This has known to be the case with many people.
- Water Immersion - If you have work where your nails are immersed in water for long periods of time, this could also affect the development of onycholysis.
- Skin Diseases - Certain skin conditions can also end up giving onycholysis. Psoriasis and contact dermatitis are other conditions that may lead to onycholysis as a consequence.
- Allergy to Nail Glue - Many makeup artists and customers have complained that certain brands of nail glue can also cause allergies resulting in onycholysis.
- Medications - Medications meant for the treatment of other ailments within the body can have the unintended consequences of causing onycholysis.
The underlying problems need to be corrected which may cause onycholysis. Once the underlying problem is corrected, onycholysis usually corrects itself. The nail may take some time to re-grow but will grow back on its own eventually and may take 4 to 6 months to cover the entire affected area again. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!