Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shrikant V. M KhanapurkarYour feedback matters!
1. Slight Curly hair and front side hair growth is less 2. What to do for increase concentrate mind in reading and another activities, Pl also suggest for mind growth.
I am 24 yr male and m suffering from acne issue everyday m getting new pimple on my forhead. What should I do for this issue my confidence is totally lost. Every frnds of mine ask me. Hey wat happnd? der is no way to rpy. Wat should I do?
I have pimples over my heart, neck and back which spreads fastly and are red medium in size. It is some type of skin problem what should I do.
Water is very essential for body it keeps dehydration at bay and eventually does not let your skin look dry and tired. Ensure that you drink six to eight glasses of water a day but not to soda and other hard drinks
I have itching problem in my anal region. The cell in this region is dying. And it smells badly also. I think this is of am allergic to inner wears or something.
Lybrate | Dr S K Chandru speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
I am avinash I am from kumta I am suffering from pimple problem how can I get rid this problem pls help me.
I have skin problem. I have oily skin. that's why pimple problems is occurring on my face since 2 years. I tried many things. But nothing gave me relief. It aggravates during summer. please advice me something.
Is vitiligo a result of one of the following - Vit D deficiency, Vit B12 deficiency or high cholesterol? What are the natural ways to overcome the problem?
Sir my aunt she is 40 years old unka bahut hair fall ho raha h.almost she has lost her 60% hear Now she is very worried about it. Please sir suggest me!
What about hair falling to come down you do have any remedy for this to stop or any tablets or any oil pls advise us.
What are the symptoms of dengue. And are the medicines of dengue. I have black spots on my face. Which medicine is better.
I want my hairs from my chest to clear. What should I do naturally?. My friends make fun of me due to this problem. Please answer this question.
How can I get rid of pimples and acnes in my face? Is there any available creams in the market for the best result?
Hair fall or hair loss can be a harrowing experience in a person’s life. Among many reasons, genetic or hereditary predisposition is a fairly common factor. Even if you use medicated shampoos or use trusted and proven hair care products it still may not protect your hair and may not stop hair loss or even baldness.
How genetics determine hair health?
Some of the reasons which contribute to bad hair health due to genetics are briefly discussed below.
- Weak Blood Circulation in the Scalp: Many people are genetically predisposed to have low blood circulation within the scalp. As you age, the blood supply to the hair follicles starts reducing. This may be either due to a weak scalp or muscle tightening around the skull, which is cutting of blood flow to the hair follicles. This will result in hair loss and even lead to baldness.
- DHT: DHT or Dihydrotestosterone is another reason, which can result in hair fall. It is a variant of testosterone which is created when this hormone interacts with an enzyme in different places of the body. DHT is connected to receptors present in the hair follicles as well. When your hair regrow, the new hair grows smaller than earlier. If this cycle continues, you are left with almost no hair in the long run. DHT is found in the sebum, the blood and the scalp. If you have an elevated level of scalp sebum, it means you have a high DHT level which again may trigger hair loss.
There are some precautionary measures you can take for your hair fall to stop worsening are mentioned as follows:
- Topical medications: You can use some medicated hair tonic, for topical applications. However, the effectiveness of these medications varies greatly from person to person and don’t expect miraculous results in the short run. Consult a doctor who can prescribe you specific ones according to your need.
- Oral medications: There are certain medications, which can control the level of testosterone within your body and stop or at least arrest severe hair loss. However, you should visit your doctor and may even need to go through multiple medical check us before an appropriate medication is prescribed to you.
- Food supplements: You can take food supplements, which provide amino acids and other vital nutrients to your hair follicles.
Surgical treatments, such as hair transplantation are also available as an option, which can help you cover bald patches on your scalp. However, these are expensive corrective treatments, which can be invasive and thus, you will to reconsider it carefully.