Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shrikant V. M KhanapurkarYour feedback matters!
I am 26 years old and in last month of pregnancy. Throughout I have been losing my hair. Any remedies or medicine that can cure it.
Hi everyone I was fair skin but suddenly I'm getting my dark day by day. What? To take for getting fairer skin repeat. Any ointment or any skin cream or any other medicine.
Hi Doctor, I facing issue for last plenty of years about acence holes in my face. Some times dump like pimples its came to my face. And it will make it as holes in my face. So please suggest the treatment for this.
I am 25 year female I have hair problem my hair is so rough and splitends I want long smooth bouncy hair pls suggest me what can I do for this.
I am losing hair quickly and have tried all shampoos but no effect yet. I am not sure what else can I do. Can you please help me with this.
She got color discoloration due to sun tan on her legs. Can you please tell me till when she recover from her discoloration and also suggest her some remedies. thanks.
It was mentioned on a blog that Rubbing Ice Cubes on face, helps to increase the complexion! Is it True Doctors?
Sir I haven't beard both 2 sides. Im 20 years old. I want two sides beard tell me the correct way to increase my beard.
Since from a year & more I have a huge hair loss problem I tried many remedies but it is not working.
I have hair loss problem and I want a treatment. Need suggestion which treatment is better like hair transplant. Or prp for hair fall.
How to use aloe vera on face for acne and blackheads. My skin is oily in summer and dry and sensitive in winter.
I am a 20 year old girl with short hairs .I just need long hairs and I had tried almost every methods known to me .But no result is seen .I have a function after 3 months and I want to wear Kerala saree for that .So I want long hairs to complete the look .What can I do for this?
I am losing my hairs I tried all type of hair oils but no effect. Please suggest me any treatment which will control my hair loss.
My face is getting dark day by day what is the reason can any one give some tips to improve my colour.
Most effective solutions to grow hair
Hair fall is a common problem these days and quite distressing for those who have to face it. Here are some tips which if followed can help you have soft, long, and healthy hair.
1. Onion juice - A smelly but effective way, onion has sulphur which pumps the production of collagen tissues that assist regrowth of hair.
All you will need are two to four onions, grated with the juice squeezed out of the pulp. Use this juice to massage your scalp and leave it on for about an hour before you wash it with water and a mild shampoo. Using onion not only increases chances of re-growth of hair, but also gives a fabulous sheen to your existing sheen.
2. Potato juice - Potatoes are rich in vitamins a, b and c which are important for hair to be strong and healthy. All that you will need are 3-4 potatoes. Grate them and squeeze out the juice; massage this juice on your scalp for minimum of 15 minutes and rinse off with water.
If this makes your hair dry, you can instead make a potato mask with honey and eggs and use on your hair. This mask not only moisturises your hair, it also helps hair in growing faster.
3. Eggs - When hair falls, goes dry or gets brittle, know that it lacks protein. And one of the best sources of protein is egg. You can take a couple of eggs, mix them and apply the liquid on your scalp. This can be washed off after a hour. Alternatively, you can make an egg mask.
For the egg mask, you'll need a couple of eggs, honey and olive oil. Mix them week and apply it on your scalp, covering your hair too. Wash it off after about 15-20 minutes.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar (acv) - ACV has numerous health benefits, one of them stimulating the hair follicles and helping them grow faster. It also cleanses the scalp and maintains ph balance in the hair. Add ACV into water and have a final rinse of your hair with this water, every time you shampoo.
5. Fenugreek - Fenugreek is a great remedy for hair fall. You will need to soak about 2-3 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in water for 24 hours. Strain and use this water to rinse hair. Rinse with lukewarm water after 3 hours.
6. Ayurvedic herbs - Amla, Shikakai and Reetha are known to be beneficial for hair. They make the hair strong and long. Take 100 gms of each in 2 liters of water. Soak overnight. Boil the mixture in the morning, until it reduced to half. Cool it, mash the herbs while still inside the water and then strain it. Use this liquid to shampoo your hair.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.