Lybrate.com has top trusted Pulmonologists from across India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. V KhadkeYour feedback matters!
My morning is not good when we wakeup I am not breathing normally I do smoking I should do avoid smoking but not do it what we do.
Hello doc, my sister is suffering from diabetes. She is having glucose level in blood 330. And she is suffering from breathing problem. Tell me your advice for it.
I have headache. If I apply vicks vapour, tears come out of my eyes and relieved of head ache. Whether it is related to sinus?
I am suffering from dry cough and also feeling like vomiting what would b the correct medicine for this kindly help.
I am suffering from dry cough for last 2 week and I have chest pain. Can you suggest what should be done.
I am getting cough from last 15 days only in night , not that serious but sometimes its worse, in last 1 month i have lost 6kgs of weight. Is there any problem?
I have shifted from Delhi to Bangalore and I have got cold and cough due to change in climate. What medicine should I take?
Hello. I am a 2nd stage tb patient. It was detected 2 years back and since then I am having my particular medicines daily. And now my doctor said that I am protected from the disease and I can stop them in some 6 7 months .my query is such that will the effect of these medicines affect me in my future while getting pregnant .or else will it get transferred to my baby in future. The que is just for a query purpose .thanking you in advance.
I am suffering from. Cough from last 2 days. Unable to take breathe at the time of sleep. Please suggest me what should I do.
I am suffering from dry cough since 20 days. Severe allergic responses are also there in the form of sneezing and redness of eyes. How can I get rid off this?
Doctor, I have problem in breathing when I drink something cold or I in cold air, its ok automatically after sometime It is due to what?
I am 35 year old, I have the problem of ulcerative colitis for 3-4 years. I have problem of mucus and blood in stool. I am on a permanent medicine balcul. Every after 8-10 months the problem gets aggregated.
Are you aware of the number of people who suffer because of pneumonia? As the weather becomes cold and damp, chances of getting affected by pneumonia increases. Pneumonia can originate from virus, bacteria and a host of other factors. It is one of the most common ailment which affects the adults, all over the world. Hence, it is important for all of us to prevent ourselves from pneumonia and for that we can follow the below mentioned steps:
- Know about the symptoms of pneumonia first: It is difficult to detect or diagnose pneumonia, especially in people over the age of 65. In older patients, the common symptoms such as fever, chills, cough may not be experienced. You should watch out for non-respiratory symptoms like weakness, dizziness, delirium and confusion. It is even more difficult to diagnose pneumonia in people who are suffering from preexisting conditions.
- Practice good hygiene: Common respiratory infections, influenza and cold may cause pneumonia. You should follow hygienic habits. Wash your hands regularly before meals and use hand sanitizers in order to prevent the illness from spreading. You should also maintain proper oral hygiene as several oral infections may also lead to pneumonia. You should also keep away from people who are affected by pneumonia or any other illness like flu, cold and serious diseases such as measles or chicken pox. All these factors may cause pneumonia.
- Get vaccinated: It is recommended for people of all ages who may be at a risk of getting pneumonia to get vaccinated and immunised against pneumonia causing virus called pneumococcal pneumonia. This is a one-time vaccine, which prevents and reduces the severity of pneumonia. A booster vaccine after every five years may also be prescribed. Elderly people should be vaccinated against all diseases which cause pneumonia.
- Quit smoking: Smoking accounts for being a major cause or risk factor for pneumonia. It increases a person’s chance of getting pneumonia as the lungs’ ability to defend themselves from the infection is reduced. By quitting smoking, you will be able to prevent pneumonia.
- Maintain a good general health: Maintaining an overall good health and following healthy habits will help you in preventing pneumonia. This is because your immune system stays strong and is able to fight efficiently against pneumonia-causing infections. A proper diet with all essential nutrients is also recommended along with regular physical exercise and proper rest.
Severe cases of pneumonia are capable of making you suffer and you may be admitted to a hospital. According to studies, it has been estimated that more than 60% of people over the age of 65 need to be hospitalised because of pneumonia.