Lybrate.com has top trusted Anesthesiologists from across India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. Uttam SidhayeYour feedback matters!
My wife is having knee pain in right leg for some days. Rubbing pain relief gel but is gives relief for some hours only. She is 50 is does not get periods from last two years. Please suggest.
She went through big losses in her life after that she become I'll, body pain, lack of sleep, anxiety and much more. please suggest what to do.
I am a woman of 52 years weighing 68 kg with height being and 5 feet. I have slight problem in the L5 region of the spine as a result I feel pain in the right leg. The pain runs through the hip to the foot. I feel weak in the legs. Wish to reduce some weight. Please suggest the best. Thank you.
I fell on my butt on the stairs and suffered from tailbone pain for two months and then it stopped but now after 8 months pain is back. How? And what should I do?
My mom is suffering with backache since a year. One of the doc said to take bed rest, even thought the pain is not cured. Please give me some suggestions. Thank you.
I am having a little pain and swelling in my left leg. Which medicine should I take? Any home remedies?
Dear doctors, my father is suffering from knee pain since 3 years. Tried every possible treatment except surger. Kindly suggest.
I have thyroid and gained weight about 117 KGS and used thyronorm 100mcg then I'm getting body pains.
Hello Doctor, I'm not addicted to drinking, drug's or smoking but all of the above I'm addicted to one thing that is more dangerous than all that is" Masturbation" That thing is killing me I can't over come this. The following are the thing's I've been affected 1. Knee pain, hip pain, joint's pain for the past 12 years & its getting worse now. 2. I've undergone a Laparoscopic surgery for removing gall bladder because stone has been formed in it and doctors advised to remove it. Operation done on Jan 2013. And I'm a severe pancreatitis too. 3. Severe hair fall & white hair forming. I can experience it by seeing stage by stage at first the hair is becoming thin (like health less condition) and blading. And I'm ageing too. I smoke 1 cigrate for one day and drink 1 beer for 2 months once. I'm Dying doctor, can this be curable or not. Please frankly tell me. Because of this habit I've lost my career, my Precious health, my personality openly speaking I lost Everything in this Life. I'm the Very Worst, useless Creature in this Planet.
I had a c section 8 months ago. I regularly keep exercising. Then back pain is gone. But, when I wake up early morning I have a severe lower back pain. Please suggest.
My mother is having disc problem and her leg continuously pains and it can't let her sleep properly we have tried physio therapies heat therapy can you tell me some exercise which can relief her or tablets.
If my joints and shoulders are paining lot. What could be the reason and back and neck is paining for long time more than a year. Backbone seems to be doing something. What should I do? Please help me.
Dear sir, I had few questions related to joint pain, Please help me sir, and please give some solutions to my questions 1. I do pull ups, push ups, for month, the wrist joint (right hand) got pain, and also the wrist joint nerve got twisted, I had a physiotherapy treatment by ultrasonic massage for 15 minutes twice a week, after a week, I relieved from the wrist joint pain (right hand). So sir please say about, to prevent the wrist pain, if it occurred. 2. A small tissue formed in a wrist joint on right hand, while pressing the joint it is visible, the rest period of time it doesn't visible 3. Is any possible way to increase a height after the age of 20 4. In my both hands, the nerves are visible very clearly, and also I am lean, so it is clearly visible, so is any remedy to invisible the nerves slightly Thank you sir
I am 19 years old and I have leg pain since last three days and I have put fast relief but it is also not working so what should I do?
sever pain in joints including knee and shoulder and back also. And no energy in hand get tired so soon. No energy to do the exercise and workouts.
I generally get a bit of pain in my back when I work while sitting on bed for long. What's your advice on how to minimize this pain (besides not sitting on bed for long)
My mother is 46 years old. She was suffering for neck pains and headache since 6 months. So many medicines used but no recover. So please help me the problem.
Lower back pain is among one of those ailments that brings life to standstill. Nowadays most common reason for absence at job or college is Back pain. It gives you nothing bur restless and depressed day and sleepless night. It ruins your life's small moments of joy.
What is low backache?
It is the pain that felt in lower back which usually originates from joints, bones, muscles, nerves or other structures in spine.
What is spine?
Vertebral column or backbone or spine consists of 33 bones; called as vertebrae. Lower 9 are fused in adults.
- Cervical spine in neck region: 7 vertebrae (C1-C7)
- Thoracic Spine in upper back: 12 vertebrae (T1-T12)
- Lumbar spine in lower back: 5 vertebra (L1-L5)
- Sacrum in Lower back Fused: 5 vertebrae (S1-S5)
- Coccyx (tailbone) fused: 3-5 vertebrae.
Significance of Vertebral column:
- The major function of vertebral column is protection of spinal cord.
- It provides stiffening for the body and attachments for muscles.
- It transmits body weight while walking and standing.
What is pain?
It is a message originates from the location of injury; travels through nervous system and received by brain where it is interpreted as PAIN.
- It is a sudden low back pain for abortion time.
- It can be because of trauma, trigger or a disorder such as Arthritis.
- It limits movements, flexibility and even results into inability to stand or sit straight.
- Acute pain can become more serious if left untreated.
When back pain persists for more than 3 months; it is considered as Chronic.
- Muscle strain or ligaments strain
Improper posture, repeated heavy lifting strain ligaments and muscles if back which result into muscular spasm and severe backache. There are 3 specific movements that are responsible for back injuries. Bending, lifting and twisting. The danger lies in performing any two or more if them simultaneously.
- Bulging or Ruptured intervertebral disc
- Spondylosis: Backpain caused by age related wear and tear of spinal discs.
- Spondylitis: It is inflammatory Arthritis affecting the spinal bones.
- Spondylolisthesis: It is forward displacement of vertebra over another.
- Skeletal irregularities: If spinal curve is abnormal backpain can occur.
- Osteoporosis: If vertebrae become porous and brittle, it can cause compression fractures.
- Coccydynia: Pain at tailbone is called as Coccydynia.
Pregnancy: Almost all women experience low back pain during Pregnancy. Maternal weight gain, increased lordosis (Curvature of spine), Stretching of ligaments, increased calcium demand can cause backpain in Pregnancy.
- History of illness
- History of injury, trauma, accident etc.
- MRI/CT SCAN
- Bone scan
- Nerve studies (Electromygraphy)
- Medicines such as NSAID (Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs) and Muscle relaxants
- Heat therapy
- Cold Compression therapy
- Spinal Traction:
- It is non surgical way of decompression therapy that relieves pressure in spine. It can be performed by physiotherapist or by machines.
- It is useful in backache due to slipped disc, herniated discs, Sciatica, degenerative disc diseases, pinched nerve etc.
- A physician can determine the need of traction and weight for traction based on your medical history.
Backache - Ayurvedic Aspects
According to Ayurveda Backache (Kati shool, Kati graha, Trik graha, Prushtha Shool) is one of the common disease occurring because of vitiated vata dosha, so it is considered as "Vata- Vyadhi."
Line of treatment of Vata - Vyadhi
Abhyanga (Massage): Sesame oil, Mahanarayan Oil, Prasarini oil can be used for Massage.
Swedan (Fomentation): Moist steam of herbs like Dashmool , Nirgundi etc.
Katibasti: Kati basti is pouring of lukewarm medicated oil and keeping it for sometime on the back region surrouded by ring made by black gram or whole wheat flour.
Basti: Basti is one of the most important treatments if vitiated vata. Basti can be performed in various forms according to stage of disease and constitution of patient.
Medicated oil and medicated decoction enema on alternate days for 8 days/15 days or 30 days.
Matrabasti: 60 ml medicated oil enema.
Panchatikta ksheer basti: It is most useful in management of degenerative bone disease, in which herbs like Adulsa, Guduchi, Nimb, Kantakari and Patol are cooked in cow milk. Sometimes cow ghee can also be mixed.
Medicines: Gokshuradi guggul, Trayodashang guggul, Yograj guggul can be used under proper guidance.
Ashwagandha, Musta , Vidang, Ajmoda , Chopchini, Rasna, Devdaru, Punarnava, Shatavari, Shankhabhasma are some useful medicines for backache.
Yogasana: Yogasana should be learned from experienced teacher. Some yogasana helpful for backache are:
- Supta padangushthasana
- Parivrutta trikonasana
- Supta vakrasana
DO'S AND DONT'S FOR BACKACHE
- Bend at knees, not at waist.
- Keep the object close to your body when lifting it. And keep low back straight.
- Think before you act.
- Learn exercise and perform regularly.
- Sit in proper posture, adjust your work desk accordingly, walk straight.
- Do not slouch.
- Avoid high heels shoes.
- Wear lumbar belt under proper guidance.
- Avoid stress. Lose weight if you are overweight.
If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.