Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Utkrant KurlekarYour feedback matters!
Hi, I think my digestion is not proper, I go to loo 3-4 times in a day, nowadays I am eating more due to gym, so I am also suffering from gastric troubles, sometimes when I get less sleep I cannot have a motion, also the same problem is when I travel anywhere, what to do?
I am 28 year old bachelor male. I feel always drowsy and have flatulence problem. However I feel my food digest easily as I get hunger properly. I drink water in ample amount. And I do not have any bad habit.
I am 38 years old male and suffering from constipation and gas formation from long time, have tried with ayurvedic and homeopath treatment but not cured yet, now a days observing itching around anus which is very irritating, is it symptom of piles? What should I do to get relief from this?
I have been recently feeling lot of sound in my stomach, burping, hiccup and sometimes gas during motion. Sometimes vomiting sensation too. Can you advise what is this could be and possible medication. I tried grego-d for a week it didn't help much.
Sir, Mujhe pet me bhot gadbad ho jati hai khana khata hu turant hi toilet jana padta h please help me.
I am 25 years old I am suffering acidity problem from 3 month Mt spleen enlarged 13.2 mildly enlarged GRADE I FATTY INFILTRATION OF LIVER MILD SPLENOMEGALY my stomach was to much it acidity pain goes to heart burning how to cure sir I am so much very tension in this type of problem myou might 120 height 180 sir thanking you sir.
I was suffering from an anxiety disorder the doc gave me methylcobalamin 1500 mcg once a day for 25 days due to which I am not able to concentrate on my studies like I used to and theres hurdles in my day to day tasks. What best thing can be done as when I am concentrating I am feeling strongness in my forehead and not able to focus properly and learn properly I do not know why he gave me such but its like over strongness and along with methylcobalamin he also gave me benfotiamine-150mg, alpha lipoic acid-100mg, chromium picolinate-200mcg & inositol-150mg I asked him this is causing much problems in my day to day tasks but he said this med is for strongness of nerves but is it given to younger children who are studying my ques is this. please suggest what best can be done to gain that confidence and concentration fast for my exams.
Most of the time I suffer with my gas problem and I feel very uncomfortable. please tell me some tips for outcome of this problem.
I am suffering with stomach and gas problem. I have consulted many doctors. But medicine works till the time I keep continue taking medicine. This problem I am feeling since 4 to 5 months.In every week at least one time I suffer loose motion. At present I am taking homeopathic medicine but despite this I am not fine.
I am facing a lot of digitising problems, in actual I am facing gas problems and most importantly I feels pain in my stomach occasionally. Moreover, my stomach doesn't get clear mostly so I face a bit tired and don't feel hunger which results weight loss.
I have ulcer and one right side of the mouth and i also have back pain. i am facing some Digestive problem also what should i do?
What are the post operative complications for fissurectomy? Whom I should consult for chronic anal fissure. General surgeon or gastroenterologist.
I have gastric problem since 2 year, but I did not cure this well, now I have pain, what should I do? Which medicine you would prescribe?
Suffering with chronic diarrhoea since 2 months. Vit b12 deficiency. Vit d3 def. Endoscopy shows d2 scalloping and grooves. Sample given to check sprue in deudenum. Stomach oesophagus. Normal. Even then I am suffering daily with indigestion and acidity. For that I am taking pantoprazole once before breakfast. I have prescribed. Injection of vit b12 and ca. And ccm tab. Folic acid tab given. My question is. Why I am suffering with indigestion and acidity. Even my stomach appeared well in endoscopy. And for how much time I should take pantoprazole. Should I move to zantac or continue to use this. please help me. Give brief reason of my disease and answer.
This is a disease that affects the large intestine and the rectum. The Ulcerative Colitis refers to the inflammation in the innermost lining of the large intestine. The main function of the large intestine is to absorb water from indigestible food matter in the body before throwing away any waste. Hence, the large intestine is a vital part of our body. If left untreated, the disease increases risk of colon cancer.
- Diarrhea with blood or pus: A person suffering from Ulcerative Colitis is likely to suffer from loose stools accompanied with blood or pus.
- Stomach pain and Cramping: In many cases, patients complain of severe stomach pain and cramping.
- Rectal pain: At times, many patients feel pain while sitting or even after a bowel movement.
- Bleeding from the rectum: Bleeding can be observed while passing stools.
The other complications leading to this disease are kidney stones, swelling of the colon, thickening of intestinal walls and blood infection.
This disease can be diagnosed by several methods. A simple stool test may be done to check out for bacteria and parasites. A blood test to check the level of C-reactive protein helps determine the inflation rate of the body. Endoscopy, colonoscopy, biopsy are some other methods of diagnosis.
- Oral medication: Treatment involves drug therapy or surgery. The first step in treating Ulcerative Colitis will be an intake of anti-inflammatory drugs, but these may have a side effect. Another option is immune system suppressors, which help to bring down the inflammation by suppressing the immune system response. Antibiotics, anti-diarrheal medications, pain relievers are some of the additional drug supplements recommended by doctors.
- Surgery: Surgery plays an important role because this disease is pre-malignant in nature. Depending on the severity of the condition, the medical practitioner may advice surgery. The common methods of surgery are:
- Proctocolectomy and Ileostomy: Proctocolectomy involves removal of the colon in part or whole. Ileostomy is carried out by placing a special bag in the small intestine to collect waste from the body.
- Proctocolectomy and Ileo-anal: Ileo-anal pouch is a bag directly created the small intestine and connected to the anus, for diffusing the stools. As colon is removed Ulcerative Colitis cannot re-occur.
Precautions after surgery
It is very important that the patient takes healthy, sufficient and nutritious food so that bowel movement can be carried out with ease and zero strain. The patient has to restrict lifting of heavy grocery, mowing the lawn, any physical activity that can strain the abdomen and related areas.