Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Usha Kiran GaikwadYour feedback matters!
Can we use radiations like xray and gamma rays to destroy herpes virus lying dormant in the nerves? Is it possible to cure herpes with co2 and yad lasers? What are the recent advances made in the cure for herpes? Rational vaccines is making a vaccine for genital herpes can we bring it to india?
I have cyst in ma right ovary and becoz of that I dnt get period monthly .once I two months. What are the home remedy for dissolving of that cyst?
Iam 35 years old male married 6 months back. We are planning for baby. Should we do sex only during 10 to 16th days of period completion. Should we stop doing sex after the 16th day completion after the periods. Please answer me when to do sex and when to avoid doing sex for baby planning.
Recently I had my pregnancy test nd it was positive. Nw i'm in 15th dy of my pregnancy but nw i'm observing white vaginal discharge. Is der any side effects of vaginal discharge during dis early days of pregnancy.
I am 33 years old, I want to know that if I am not using condom and taking Viagra while having sex with my pregnant wife. Are there any chances of side effects to my wife.
I am 7 weeks old pregnant I want to get this pregnancy terminated is there any pill which I can take and terminate this pregnancy.
Hello doctor, I hv autoimmune disorder along with suffering from pcod problem, please suggest me some medicine and test for further treatment.
I am irregular periods for past 6-8 months and its happening when I am planning a baby. Can hou please advice?
I am 40 years old and my period is irregular since very beginning, earlier I used to get periods 2 times in a year slowly it shift to once in a year and once in 2 year and now it been long not getting period, if I take medicine then I will get otherwise no, please advise how to regularise my periods and I am unmarried.
I have already a daughter she is 6th year old. I am trying for 2nd baby from last two year. But there is no result. Me and my wife done all checkups. Every test is OK. Both are worried for this.
I have a friend Radhika who had taken an ipill a week before because of unprotected sex. She was suppose to have her periods yesterday (2nd Nov) but she missed it. She had taken a pregnancy test that said negative. But she hasn't gone through any bleeding because of the ipill and hasn't had periods as yet. Please help.
Homoeopathy and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS/PCOD)
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos) is a metabolic, endocrine and reproductive disorder affecting most of the female population. The condition is defined by the presence of small fluid filled cysts present in one or both of the ovaries. These cysts interfere with the normal functioning of the ovaries.
Its clinical characteristics include hyperandrogenism, chronic anovulation, insulin resistance and infertility, obesity, type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Depression and anxiety are common in women with pcos as compared with healthy women. Depression in pcos is often associated with obesity and metabolic abnormalities and did not show any significant change in pcos after treatment with oral contraceptive pills.
In conventional medical system-- metformin, oral contraceptives, anti-androgens, clomiphene citrate and thiazolidinediones are used for the management of pcos. Metformin is commonly used either alone or in combination with other medicines for the treatment of most of the clinical manifestations of pcos. However, metformin reduced hyperinsulinaemia and hyperandrogenaemia, and even shown improvements in menstrual abnormalities and resumption of ovulation, but it causes gastrointestinal intolerance i. E. Nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhoea. It is contraindicated in liver disease and other medicines also have their side effects.
Role of homoeopathy:-
Homoeopathic prescription being holistic might help in these aspects which evaluates emotional aspects along with excess body hair growth, obesity, infertility and menstrual problems. Lifestyle modification is the first line of treatment in which weight loss has done by improving psychological outcomes, reproductive and metabolic features.
Homeopathy helps in dissolving the cysts to eliminate the need for hormone therapy. In homeopathy no two women would be suggested to take the same medication. This is because every woman with pcos has a specific set of problems which need an individualistic approach. Stress management, weight control, corrective lifestyle habits along with the remedy can be of considerable help. Homeopathy can also work as a secondary treatment while one is treated with conventional medications to treat pcod. With homeopathy, when the hormonal imbalances can be kept in check, it can also help to treat infertility in women who are planning a pregnancy.
Dear sir/madam my wife 26 is pregnent cover 9 month. We have 2 time check up the ultrasound and both result are found the baby positioned in BREECH position . Is this safe or not and pl tell me how the delivery occurred delivery dt 13 Sep 2016. The baby dnt move and one sided. Pl tell me the solution. Dr. say normal delivery is not possible.
Will I notice pregnancy sign at two weeks? And which pregnancy sign will I notice first? Will there be any change in my vagina?
Hi, I want to marry brother in law with same blood group he is my blood relative will there be any problems to children.
There is a widespread debate about the healthiness and nutritional value of non-vegetarian food. While the advocates of both the segments cheer their own cuisines, science has a completely different standpoint. Some of the common apprehensions of consuming non-vegetarian dishes include the occurrence of deadly diseases such as diabetes, cancer, obesity,, high blood pressure, renal diseases to name a few. This being said, there is no concrete evidence of any co-relation between non-vegetarian food and complicated diseases. As a matter of fact, non-vegetarian diet has numerous nutritional benefits.
- High source of nutrition: Non-vegetarian dishes, such as meat has high protein content and is enriched with vital amino acids. While protein is the building block of the body, amino acids ensure that the body is safeguarded from common ailments and strengthen the immune system.
- Rich iron content: Iron is a key component of the hemoglobin and the human body requires it in adequate quantities for normal functioning of the system. Red meat, soup and bone marrow, for instance, is a rich source of iron. It helps the body to safeguard itself against critical diseases such as anemia.
- The vital creatinine: Meat contains a vital component called creatinine that helps the body to build muscle. A study (Brown, 2008) revealed that most vegetarian infants portray stalled growth due to creatinine deficiency.
- Good source of B12: Vitamin B12 is an important constituent that the body requires for normal functioning. Lack of this vitamin causes Macrocytic Anemia. Infant of a vegetarian mother is often witnessed to be suffering from Anemia due to lack of B12.
- Easy phosphorus availability: Vegetarian dishes contain phytic acid which needs to be converted to phosphorus by complex chemical reactions. In sharp contrast, non-vegetarian meals have ready to absorb phosphorous content.
- Vitamin A and calcium availability: Fish has vitamin A that accounts for human intelligence and formation of memory. It also helps the body with calcium content for stronger teeth and bone formation. While calcium is available in vegetarian diets, the concentration of calcium is way more in fish and other non-vegetarian sources.
- Other mineral constituents: Non vegetarian diet contains some key minerals such as zinc, riboflavin, amino acid, lysine etc. These minerals are required by the body in adequate portions in order to avoid energy deficiencies. Some fishes contain a critical component called omega 3 acids which is required by the body for sound mental and physical health.
Non-vegetarian dishes, therefore, are definitely healthy and are consumed by millions of people across the world. While there are many advantages of non-veg food, too much consumption of red meat might lead to complicated diseases. It is, therefore, essential to maintain a balanced diet for the body to function well.
Well! We have heard so many good things about milk in commercials. Have we ever sat and thought through the real benefits of milk? Apart from being a healthy drink and the backbone of the dairy industry, this calcium-rich drink has innumerable benefits. In this article, we will discuss some not so known pros of milk:
- Complexion: If you want your complexion to lighten, instead of buying cosmetics, drinking 2 glasses of milk will fetch more benefits. Milk helps the skin to supple, glow and soft. Owing to its countless nutrients and vitamin contents, milk can be your best friend, if you are seeking a fair complexion.
- Strong Teeth: Being a tremendous source of Calcium, consumption of milk ensures strong teeth and help a person refrain from the decay of tooth and cavities. Care should be taken that Vitamin D is also consumed along with milk. The former helps the body to absorb calcium.
- Healthy Bones: Bone health and milk has a direct co-relation. It is, therefore, advised that kids consume milk to ensure proper growth. In the case of an adult, milk makes the bone strong and mitigate the risk of osteoporosis. A daily serving of one glass should do the trick for any individual.
- Weight Loss: Studies in the past have shown that women who consume milk daily can shed weight quicker compared to those who do not drink milk. A glass of milk can be drunk as a fulfilling appetizer, evening snack etc. It makes sense that milk is drunk during the night just before sleep.
- Stress Reduction: A study conducted by the Stamford Medical School in the year 2002 revealed that a warm glass of milk can go a long way in relieving stress. Daily consumption of milk after a hard day’s work can not only relax the nerves but calms the mind as well.
- Energy Buster: While milk is a great health drink, one can always turn to it when the body needs an energy boost. Milk can instantly revitalize the body. It is advisable that an ice-cold glass of milk should be consumed when there is a need for instant body revitalization.
- Eliminator of Diseases: There have been countless studies performed over the last few decades about the health benefits of milk and its capability to fight critical diseases. For instance, milk can mitigate the risk of strokes, keep blood pressure down, reduce cholesterol production of the liver, improve the eyesight, negates the chances of many types of cancer etc.
To ensure that the general health of the body is maintained, consumption of a tall glass of milk is necessary. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.