Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Lahul & Spiti and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Upasana Kak
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Upasana KakYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, I need to loose my weight and I am getting knee's pain due to my weight. While when I walk to some distance I want relaxation I am the asthma patient from the birth.
I can't pronounce some words correctly (words like R) Also my words are not clear Also it's much faster than others. I done one small surgery to remove some skin before 4 years Doctor told I will able to speak better but now it's not cleared.
Mein 21 saal ka larka hoo mein sex ko leke bahut presan hoo mein jab bhi kisi larki se baat krta ho mere penis se paani nikal jata h ek baar khada hota h aur phir nhi khara hota h jaldi mein hath ka bahut use kia h ji ab kia kru help me.
I have pimples on my face. Which type of cream I should used for removing my pimples and also the pimples mark.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome or PCOS is very common amongst women of reproductive age. This condition affects the ovaries and is one of the leading causes of infertility. Increased hair fall is one of the other effects of this disease. According to Ayurveda, PCOS brings the Kapha dosha that normally can be found in the upper half of the body downwards along with the Pitta dosha. This affects the Prana-Vyana-Apana axis. One of the impacts of this misbalance is a loss of nutrition to tissues including the hair follicles. Without proper nutrition, the hair follicles begin to die and fall off.
Thus, addressing the Prana-Vyana-Apana axis is one way to treat hair fall caused by PCOS. Some forms of Ayurvedic treatment that can be used for this include:
- Sarvangadhara: This involves pouring medicated oils or milk or decoction over the body as per the condition of patient.
- Shirodhara: In this form of treatment, milkor medicated oils etc. are poured in a continuous stream over the head.
- Udwarthana: Dry Powder massage for removal of Kapha or ama dosha.
- Abhyanga: A massage with medicated Oil or Ghrutam.
- Swedana: Sweat inducing treatments for elimination of toxins.
Other forms of Ayurvedic Medicaments & Panchkarma treatment that may be used to treat PCOS and hair fall associated with it are:
- Panchakarma: It means 5 therapies. These 5 therapies (i.e Vaman, Virechan, Basti, Nasyam, Raktamokshan) themselves vary from case to case. This helps deal with a number of issues caused by PCOS. For example, it helps regulate body weight, hormonal secretions, removes toxins, decreases resistance to insulin and enhances metabolism. The effect of this can also be seen on hair growth as hair fall is lessened and hair regrowth is enhanced.
- Ayurvedic Medicaments or Herbal Remedies: A number of herbs also have a beneficial effect on hair fall caused by PCOS. They stimulate ovulation and regulate menstruation to balance hormone levels, destroy cysts in the ovaries, regulate blood flow during menstruation and aid in natural conception. Some of these herbs include Ashokarishta, Shatavari, Rajapravartini vati, Kumaryasava, Dashamoola kashayam etc which has to be taken as per the condition of body under the guidance of expert Ayurvedic onsultants.
- Yoga: Specific Yoga asanas are beneficial for hair loss along with treating PCOS. It helps release stress and eases the symptoms associated with PCOS including hair fall.
- Pranayama is one of the primary yoga exercises beneficial for PCOS. This helps relax the mind and detoxify the system. Other yoga asanas that can help reduce hair fall include the Suryanamaskar, Bhujangasana, Sirsasana, Salabhasana, Sarvangasana, and Badhakonasana, Vakrasana.
Along with this, it is necessary to eat a well-balanced diet, avoid junk food, get adequate sleep at night and meditate regularly to improve one’s emotional health.