Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. UmranikarYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor, I am 24 years old. I've been married a year ago. I didn't get my periods yet. I had unprotected intercourse and taken unwanted 72 pill within 24 hours. I usually have 21 day cycle. But its crossed 7 days now. Is there chances of pregnancy? Even after taking the pills? What shall I do now? I am not planning for pregnancy now. So please suggest how to over come this. And please let me know when to have intercourse for not getting conceive. Thanks,
Actually me and my partner was getting close so that time I was in underwear and my girlfriend was fully naked nd my penis gone into her vagina. And my underwear was little wet of sperms. And it was just of 1 min and we removed and we end with that. But after 2 days she had her periods and it was on the time but periods was not stoping so she showed a doctor and taken the medicine given by a doctor and her periods stopped. But now everyday her mind think of every food and she want that I want to eat this and I want to eat that. So I and my girlfriend is too much worried about it that my girlfriend is pregnant or what? so please help me with accurate answer please we both are in very worried.
My mother hv Uric acid & thyroid problem. So, wht precaution should she take & wht are the food restrictions ?
Hey am 35 week pregnant. Today I had done my 9th month scanning.in that 1 layer umbilical cord is rounded by baby. Is that is a problem. I was totally tensed. Pls say a rly.
I am male age 27years, I have married last, tomorrow is that date for my wife's menstrual so can we have sex today? We do not need pregnancy, Will be there any chance of pregnancy?
I am 27 year old want to conceive a baby but my fallopian tubes were blocked. In sep 2014 by laparoscopy one of my tube was opened but till now I haven't conceive a baby. Also sperm count of my husband is also very less and he is not as much interested in treatment what shld I do?
One man bloodgroup B (rh) and woman bloodgroup also same, if they can marry, if marry any problem in future life?
After my monthly period from 5th day my feet having too much pain can you tell me why I am facing this problem.
Hello sir I am 28 years old and I have one baby boy but before 10 days I miss my period and I checked at home but it is negative. So please tell me am I pregnate? Or not what should I do I have more pain in my back.
If I am having sex with more than 1 partner without using condom is there any chance to get HIV or aids? Please tel me the best way to have sex healthy and precautions.
I'm a 20 year old female and for the last 5-6 years (since I was about 14) I've been experiencing constant left breast pain. The pain can always be felt to some degree, although some days it's worse than others. The breast feels bigger and fuller than the right one and is painful, especially when I'
I am 8 months pregnant. My sgpt is48 n my sho t is 37. I have been prescribed fortibile. Can I continue taking cashewnut n kismis.
Plz tell me to cure vaginal yeast infection. How I cure it. Which medicine are help me to get relief from it.
A kidney transplant is a surgical procedure that patients of kidney disease go through in order to replace a non functioning kidney with a live one that is healthy and functions well. Other methods to treat this disease also include dialysis, which basically is an artificial way of doing what our kidneys are designed to do. When dialysis does not work, many doctors recommend a kidney transplant. A replacement or donated kidney can come from a living donor or a non-living donor. This new kidney will mostly work towards keeping the blood clean, which is a function that stops when the old and diseased kidneys fail.
So, here's a list of five essential facts that you need to keep in mind if you are looking at a kidney transplant:
- Donors: While there are living and non-living donors, the doctor will have to ensure that your donor is someone who has no medical history of complications, kidney disease or any other medical condition like diabetes or hypertension. Also, the donor would have to have two proper functioning kidneys. Further, one of the most important factors is the blood group. The blood group of the donor and the patient must match for the transplant to be possible.
- Procedure: During the surgery, the patient will be under general anesthesia. The surgeon will make an incision in the lower abdomen area and the blood vessels of the new kidney will be connected surgically with the vein and iliac artery of the patient. Thereafter, any excess fluid will be drained before wrapping up the surgery.
- Rejection: The patient's body may also reject the kidney. The immune system of the patient may mistake the new kidney as an attacking body and its natural defenses may work against it, which will lead to complications. For this, doctors usually prescribe immunosuppressant medicines that will help in preventing such an eventuality.
- Longevity: While a living donor's kidney may last longer, a non-living donor's kidney will not enjoy such a long life. In such cases, a second transplant can be conducted.
- Diet: After the transplant, the patient will be required to go through a number of measures like coughing to show that the lungs are clear, as well as administration of fluids and some amount of examination and dialysis. Also, the patient will have to have a special diet that includes raw fruits and vegetables, and plenty of non-fat dairy ingredients.
A kidney transplant is a major operation that can change your lifestyle in the long run.