Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Umranikar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. UmranikarYour feedback matters!
The 10 year married (41 ) pregnant aspirant women already did 2 times IVF through foreign ovum donation, having problem in tubal blockage, high FSH (21.34 IU/ml) and low AMH (0.82), . Would it recommendable for another IVF of her own or go for surrogacy/adoption. Last time she got pregnancy but after 16 week it was lost due to abnormality, as result growth of the foetus checked and length was reduced and finally going to be aborted. The linear ovary and male sperm found O.k but don't know the quality of egg donor. Pl. Put the suggestion under this condition, what to do as because she is going to be on menopausal stage?
I always have unprotected sex with my girlfriend, what are the symptoms of pregnancy except missed periods as pregnancy test kit are showing negative result.
How two condom at a time we can use what are you saying please let me know correctly I didn't get it what you had said and also let me know that the perfect way of having sex with gf without pregnancy problem.
On may I took unwanted 72pill then after 7 days I got irregular period but I missed my next period date so I went to doctor she Gave me meprate tablets after 7 days I got period BT this month I again missed my period date? Is it normal.
Hi I am 25 years female can you please tell me prepone periods medicine who doesnt have any side effect? because my marriage schedule next week can you help me early?
I am 29 years old. Not pregnant. I am going for pilgrim on 5th sept and will return on 21 sept. Last month my mc date was 12 august. And my gynec gave me delivery 10 mg course for 5 days (twice a day) to prepare my periods. From 19 aug to 23 aug and told me that my periods will start in 5 to 7 days after stopping the tablets. But now its 10th day I did not got my periods yet. So she suggest me to take primolut N 5 mg twice a day from 3rd sep till I return. Is this a proper diagnosis and is it safe to take primolut N tab. After taking delivery tab. Need suggestion please.
Once the reality of the positive pregnancy test sets in, dreaming about the yet-to-arrive begins. Curiosity about gender, options for names, ways to manage, shopping ideas, etc., begin to get discussed. And then totally out of the blue the news comes that there is a miscarriage. This is one of the most depressing phases. It is very important for the family to be around and support each other. While the entire family is upset and hurt over the news, the mother needs most care as there is just not emotional but a huge physical component also to the episode. On the other hand, remember that miscarriages are extremely common, and is no indication of a fertility issue.
The first step would be to diagnose and confirm the miscarriage. After that, depending on whether it was complete or incomplete, some medical intervention might be required. In most cases, medications like misoprostol are given to expel the uterine contents. These help by clearing out the contents in about a couple of days' time. In some cases, a D and C might be required if your doctor suspects that medication will not suffice. This also helps identify if there is any issue in the uterus that could have caused the miscarriage.
While the above takes care of the physical part, the emotional component also requires cautious management. Needless to say, this is trickier than the earlier one.
- Mourn to your heart's content - When you have nursed a life within you and have lost it, it is very normal to cry for its loss. There would be a mix of emotions - shock, denial, confusion, anger, grief, depression etc. Take some solace from that fact that this is nature's way of removing unhealthy fetuses.
- Get someone to talk to - Need not be your husband, but anybody whom you can talk to without having to watch words. A sibling, a good friend, a close relative - your choice. Make sure you don't pick ones who will judge and sympathize with you. More than sympathy, you need someone understanding and knowledgeable.
- Socialize more - As you would have kept to yourself post your positive test, use this time to socialize more and meet friends whom you have not regularly been in touch with. Close family members, your children (if you already have), society groups, movie groups, etc., help to a great extent.
- Formal medical counseling: If you are not able to cope with your regular circle of family and friends, try seeking professional advice from counseling.
- Spirituality - Whether you believe in temple or churches, spend some time there. Involve in some religious activity if you would like, this helps very often.
As much as it is painful and traumatic, it is not very uncommon or unnatural. Get back on your feet, the sooner you do, the better. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.