Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Umakant Wable
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Umakant WableYour feedback matters!
I am Dr PK Talwar cosmetic surgeon. I have been doing cosmetic surgery for last 28 years in Delhi. The topic which I would like to speak today is facelift and blepharoplasty, you see with precious of time all because of gravity, pollution and other factors and because of loss of fat, our skin and muscles of the face they become LAX and that is how the signs of aging come. Now to counter that previously we used to do surgical facelift, now what is surgical facelift, a surgical facelift we used to cut the skin in front of the ears and behind the neck open the skin like bonnet of a car, tighten the muscles and then excise the extra skin and pull it up and suture it with that the patient will have nice look. But surgery is now getting less and less preferred by the patients and patient want something which is non-invasive, the reason is that though the scars are very minimal and you hardly find out the scar but because of slight pain, swelling or hospitalization or a day or so, patient did not prefer facelift especially in contemporary time because now there are other techniques are also available but why we are doing surgical facelift I think that it would give you the best possible best result because surgically you can tighten the muscle and the skin. Now the other techniques which came in to help the patient was restarted thread lift now with the thread they used to barbed threads their small barbs you will introduce the barbs from the temporal region below the skin and skin of the face lift of the skin and put it on the barbs with that the skin will be held up by the barbs. They used to be absorbable or non-absorbable different kinds of techniques and with these barbs, the result will not last as long as the surgical facelift but at the same time, it will last for years 2 years or 3 years it depends on how good you are taking care of your facial skin. This thread lift is still very common because it is one of the non-invasive techniques though there are other thread which can you can do it even like cog threads, even you can do in the office but still I prefer that the thread left in a surgical operation theatre will do with longer results and it will definitely give a better results. Now with the precious of time, the skin around your eyes also become black and in that what you can do is, you can always cut the skin here, lift up and then suture it back, it will give you more youthful look. Now again the problem has come with the people who do not want even this surgery, now so there have been other techniques which have come up to improve your eyes which we will be talking in our next lectures. Now with this new technique or thread lifts or the blepharoplasty, you don't need any hospitalization, what you do is come to an operation theatres get it within one hour, get the thread lift in one hour and then you can go back home and there is hardly any swelling. Though we give some antibiotics and mixing for reducing the edema etc. because if there is swelling it will use to heal 5 or 7 days of time and there are certain precautions which we tell the patient that not to wide open the mouth etc and we have seen that lot of patients lot of patients are now coming for work with the non-surgical facelift or thread lift because they really love it that something which doesn't leave any scar at all.
Thank you very much.
Skin irritants are everywhere. Even in your house, there is practically no place where there are no skin irritants. Laundry detergents, air fresheners and floor polishes are just a few factors that cause skin itching. The reason why this happens is because products like air fresheners and floor polishes take away essential oils and water from the skin which leads to dryness and irritation.
This type of dry, itchy skin can also progress to skin conditions like eczema. Here are some ways you can stop your skin from becoming dry and itchy:
- Wear gloves: The ideal thing to do would be to wear soft, thin cotton gloves and wear rubber gloves on top of that. Do not touch a bucket or sponge without it. If you cannot wear soft, thin cotton gloves underneath, at least wear the rubber gloves as this protects your hands from irritants.
- Take a shower after swimming: Chlorine is one of the principal causes of itchiness in your skin. It is absolutely essential that once you have finished swimming you take a shower with water and a little soap. Even more importantly, use a moisturizer with glycerin in it, as this will keep the moisture trapped inside. Glycerin is particularly good at holding on to moisture.
- Petroleum jelly: Petroleum jelly has been proven to reduce the chance of dry, itchy skin because it contains only one ingredient. This one ingredient formula is especially great when it is applied to sensitive skin. The reason why one ingredient is better than a moisturizer with many chemicals is because a one ingredient formula is gentler and therefore creates a protective barrier against irritants.
- Oatmeal bath: For this kind of treatment, grind oatmeal in a blender and then sprinkle it in your bath water. Oatmeal has an anti-inflammatory substance known as Avenanthramide, which decreases itching and redness of the skin.
- Cleanliness: This is perhaps the most important tip, which can be given. If you do not regularly clean your floors or wash your bed sheets in hot water than you are at a high risk of getting mites and these are one of the most common irritants of your skin.