Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Ulhas LuktukeYour feedback matters!
I am a 27 year old man who for the past 3 months have been extremely scared about developing schizophrenia. I have no voices or hallucinations. But I started feeling extremely detached from everything and everyone around me. I have also started feeling extremely scared of random mundane things especially objects making noise like an air conditioner or birds chirping or a fan moving. I get scared and bothered. Is this psychosis?
I went through a break up recently. I am not depressed but I have ill feelings for him and also I loose temper easily due to business tension. Please tell me how can I keep my temper under control and also stop these ill feelings towards him for my mental peace.
I feel very bored by this vacation. My mom compel me to came with her to her house but here I have no friends. Can you suggest me some ways to avoid boring.
How to free from stress. What is the best food to eat everyday. How we enhance our health or our mind. What are the best exercises that we should do in the early morning everyday.
I am suffering from sleepless nights. This life seems to like a burden to me. And I m fix in trap. I know only medicine may help me kindly suggest any anti depressants. Thank you.
I am porn addict also mastribuction habit since 7 year ago now I want to leave it but every time I m failed to leave it what can I do.
Most people think that having a smoking habit adversely affects only the lungs and the heart. But apart from known links to lung cancer and heart disorders, smoking also causes skin damage. The intensity of damage is directly proportional to the number of cigarettes one smokes in a day and the number of years one has been smoking for.
Here are 7 of the horrible things that smoking does to your skin
1. Premature ageing: The process of skin ageing is accelerated by a smoking habit. The chemicals that are ingested through the smoke cause your skin to age much faster, making it look loose, dull and coarse, with uneven colouring. Most smokers have a muted orange or grey tinge to their complexions.
2. Wrinkles and lines: The nicotine from smoke constricts blood vessels in the outer layers of the skin, thereby cutting off the supply of oxygen and nutrients. This causes the skin to develop visible fine lines and wrinkles at a faster rate.
3. Scarring and pigmentation: Since blood is not flowing properly to the outer layers of the skin, it is more susceptible to broken capillaries and veins, which can cause dark scarring and pigmentation on the face and other areas.
4. Darkening of the lips: Constant exposure to heat from smoking causes stark darkening and pigmentation in the lips, which also become dry and coarse.
5. Delayed wound healing: The presence of nicotine, tar and other chemicals in the blood causes cuts and wounds on the skin to heal at a much slower pace with an increased risk of infection, blood clot formation and death of skin tissue.
6. Increased risk of skin disease: Smoking makes the skin prone to various diseases and conditions like psoriasis, which happen as nicotine adversely affects the body's immune system.
7. High chances of skin cancer: Skin cancer and oral cancer are the two lesser known variants of the diseases that can be caused by smoking. Skin cancer is far more common among smokers than among non-smokers.
The harmful effects of smoking on the skin are not entirely discernible until after 10 years of prolonged smoking. Fortunately, your skin starts to heal itself when you kick the habit. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
I am 20 year old male. Whenever I start concentrating on any academy related topic in some deep. Then I feel ache on my brain. And it becomes difficult to concentrate further. What should I do.
I cannot concentrate on my work or studies. When I am studying my mind gets shifted easily or I will be distracted by myself with some thoughts (good or bad. I had better results in my subjects but now that my concentration powers are reducing causing to have poor marks I had a past history with ADHD and I consulted a psychiatrist. I completed the course of medicines, but now I think I am falling to former condition. So is there anyway I can remedy myself without medicines.
My brother 34 years is alcoholic. Many times he wants to leave the alcohol but can not. He complaints without talking wine he can not sleep at night also in day time. What should we do now.
I am suffering from angriness many times in a day for week in 1 month since 5 month associated with thinking many times in a day appetite good sleep adequate please give diagnoses of condition and treatment?
Friendship is the fuel that keeps life interesting. Imagine a robotic life where you do not have anyone with whom you can chill or unwind at the end of the day. Friends are people with whom you can be yourself without having to worry about needs and requirements or judgements, at least most of the time. They are the layer that lies between your family and the rest of the world and provide you with a balance of sorts as far as insights, outsider perspective, advice for meeting challenges and unadulterated enjoyment go.
But many times, extreme shyness and an introvert nature can stop people from making friends easily. So how can you initiate friendships and keep them close? Here are a few tips!
- Understand Shyness: First of all, understand why you may be shy and how it makes your brain work. Shyness strips you of your security when you are faced with a new place or face. Also, it can lead to dismissive or avoidant behaviour, which keeps us from approaching people and learning more about them. Also, it keeps us anxious and preoccupied and makes us think that we will be met with rejection if we try to initiate friendship. Sounds vaguely familiar? Read on to know more.
- Eye Contact and First Impressions: The first way to initiate a new friendship is by making eye contact and following it up with a smile before the person in question averts his or her gaze. This is an unspoken language that is almost always answered similarly.
- Greeting: You can now approach the person and start by saying hello. It may be someone whom you have been seeing on your way to class or in the office cafeteria or even someone who lives in your building. So chances are, that this person would have noticed you too. Introduce yourself and ask for the person's name.
- Acknowledgement: Use the person's name often to show that you are acknowledging the friendship and ensuring that a bond begins to settle between the two of you from the word go. Offer to introduce this new friend to your other friends as further acknowledge of this new friendship.
- Information: In a new friendship, it is crucial to find common grounds without breaking the barriers of privacy. So ensure that you ask neutral questions about hobbies, family, education, work and other such issues without asking the when, where, what and how of things that might have to be explained by sharing personal details. In this way the person in front becomes more comfortable.
Be aware of the reasons that stop you and build your confidence when it comes to approaching people for friendship!