Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ujawla Mudgerikar
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ujawla MudgerikarYour feedback matters!
My daughter 12 is having tonsils which medicine should I give her she gets this infection mostly after 1 or 2 months again n again.
1 year 3 month baby had a cardiac problem which is called (coa, had he spend his life normally after andrioscopy?
Often children are seen as resilient and capable of bouncing back from almost any situation. Traumatic experiences can however lead to long lasting and severe effects that might stay even in their adult lives if they aren’t dealt with. Trauma might result from any such thing that can disrupt their safety and leave them vulnerable. These include verbal, sexual or physical abuse, an unstable environment, domestic violence, separation from parents, bullying, severe illness, or invasive medical procedures.
Despite having emotional consequences, there is still hope. Here are a few ways childhood trauma can be dealt better with:
- Accept trauma when it happens to you. Childhood trauma victims generally spend many years trying to see past what has happened to them by pretending as if nothing happened and dismissing it wholly. Another way they cope is by blaming themselves and feeling guilty about it. Healing can only begin when you accept that the traumatic incident did actually happen and that you aren’t to be blamed for it.
- Take control. Helplessness can spill over into your adulthood and make you act and constantly feel like a victim. This leads to making choices resulting from all the pain inside. The past takes control of the present when you have been victimized. Conquering the pain is the only way to get the present back in your control. Letting go of old defense mechanisms used by you as a child may be the only way to take back control of your life and bury the pain.
- You should not isolate yourself and seek support instead. Withdrawing from others is the natural instinct of most survivors of trauma. This might just make things even worse. You should take conscious steps to maintain healthy relationships and to connect with other people to facilitate the process of healing. Seeking support helps. Childhood trauma survivor support groups and talking with trusted friends and family can help heal as well.
- The ability to deal with stress increases, if you maintain better health. Get adequate rest, exercise and eat well and set a regular routine. Abstain from drugs and alcohol as they only provide relief for a temporary amount of time, but increase isolation feelings, anxiety and depression, thus worsening trauma symptoms.
- Learn to truly let go. Accepting implies embracing the trauma and deciding what you will do about it. It can dominate throughout your life unless you let it all out.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My son is of 1 year 4 months and his tongue inner part shows light white & yellow colour. What is the reason?
My son is now 18 month .usko karib 2 month se constipation ki problem h.latrine bahut tight hota h use bahut pain v hota h black latrine karta h.jab uska kal chek up karwaya to Dr. Ne ise blood ki kami bataya. Bt doc ne avi blood banne ka koi medicine nhi diya h.wo avi sirf ek neopeptine or laxil syrup diya or 5 days me waapas check up k liye bulaya. Mujhe aapse v help chahiye aap kuch uske diet k liye help karo or blood fast banne ka v kuch upay batao. Because Im very worry about my son .uski health bahut hi down ho gyi h.uski weight v kafi kam h 12 kg. Kya usr junior horlicks diya ja sakta h.or ek din me food k saath milk kitna amount me de sakte h. .pls rply?
My grand daughter age 4 years after coming from school at 1300 hours and after lunch goes to sleep and doesn't wake up. Inspite of our all efforts she doesn't wake up. She is not taking her food and we give her milk. In morning she wakes up at 0530 and is very fresh and active and goes to school happily. Please advise what is the reason for this.
Give some good goodtonic name so that my 10 year old kid gains weight he is 10 years old and 23 kg height is 4.4.
Before commencing on how to deal with a prodigal child, let’s go to the meaning of the same. The literal meaning of prodigal is wasteful—mostly with regard to money. Its origin lies in the Latin word ‘proagere’ where ‘pro’ means forth and ‘agere’ means to drive. It talks about a person who wastes money by spending it in a reckless manner.
A prodigal child is almost always adamant to make damaging and dangerous decisions, which is quite disheartening for a parent to see. The given points will help parents breathe a fresh whiff of oxygen to deal with such a situation.
- All decisions are God’s: If you realise and accept that all decisions are made by the almighty, you will live peacefully. A human being cannot take charge of another person’s attitude. And when we force things upon anyone, we often end up doing more harm than good.
- Being good to yourself: One of the most important things for a person is to take care of oneself. Sometimes, you need to go out and hang around with your friends. Friends act as great counsellors and when you see them often, you will naturally feel relieved and your body will act in a positive manner. Staying healthy and fit when you know your loved ones need you is your foremost duty.
- Love unconditionally: When you love someone, there would be no complaints. All that needs to be there is just love. Don’t give up on your prodigal child, but pamper him/her and shower as much love as you have on them.
- Bail them out: Sometimes, you need to let the person you love make his/her own choices. Being a parent, you would think selfishly in terms of your child’s betterment and protection. But sometimes, release is the best option to pick to let your child decide on his/her own.
- Accept them: Possess the power to receive your child after he/she has been long off. You should have the courage to accept them, show compassion towards them, run for them, and embrace and kiss them. This will make them feel welcome. You may experience much pain from what your prodigal kid put you through, but upon their return, remember to shower your love on them.
- This too shall pass: Know that this is just a temporary phase, which will definitely get over. This attitude makes it less painful when you watch the destructive behaviour of your children.
- Don’t think you are alone: Everyone has their issues which parents of prodigals do not often consider. These parents feel they are alone and none can relate to their problems. But the truth is there are many people out there who are ready to listen to you and be by your side—just explore.
- Develop boundaries: Say no to abusive behaviour from your prodigal child. Draft out the rules to follow at home. Your prodigal child will throw tantrums, but when you establish boundaries, they will try to act accordingly. Strategize in a way that your child should feel that if they cross their limits, it will have serious repercussions.
- Pray: When you know your strength is waning, pray for your prodigal daily. You can put forth your wish list before God.
- Never give up: It may take your prodigal child weeks, months or years to correct themselves, but never give up the hope of them improving over time.