Lybrate.com has top trusted Endocrinologists from across India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Uday PhadkeYour feedback matters!
I am 57 years old male. My blood glucose test rpt is F-109, pp- 192, Urine rpt is urea -17, creatinine- 0.90, proteins- nill, sugar (fas)- nill, sugar (pp)- yellow ppt. Need I treatment or precaution? Pls advice me.
My wife age 40 she is suffering from hyperthyroidism since 3, 4years just few days her, s heart beating is irregular how her's problem is solving?
I am an diabetic patient and I just wanted to know about insulin pump my aunty says its very expensive it cost almost 2 lakhs is it true?
My wife after marriage with in 4 months weight gained? And before normal periods are upto 5 days but now only 3 days. Is it symptoms of thyroid? if it is yes how to identify thyroid?
Hello sir I am of age 19 and I have small doubt about thyroid nad my t3 and t4 are alright but tsh is increased by one point i.e.6.55 so sir please tell about this it is problem or not.
Good morning doctors I want to decrease my blood sugar level which is 141 after eating what are the food that I want to avoid or food take more so my blood sugar comes down .I did not eat sweets or other sweet product because I did not like sweet but I only eat rice in night and I cup of tea in the morning so I don't know how my blood sugar came 141 please help me and give me suggestion what food should I avoid. Thanks.
WHAT IS THE CAUSE OF THYROID? What are the effects of thyroid? AND HOW TO control OR REDUCE IT TO THE NORMAL. My TSH Result is 8.5.
Having 2 doses in the morning as Breakfast and at 2 Dinner time will it increases the diabetes level, as I have heard that eating dosa is equal to eating rice.
Simple sugar is also known as monosaccharide, is the basic unit of carbohydrates. The simplest forms of sugar are usually colourless and crystalline and exist in forms of glucose, fructose and galactose. Simple sugar is deemed to be a major concern according to all health nutritionists.
Here are five reasons why you should avoid them:
- Sugar is the biggest cause of obesity: Sugar present in all kinds of junk food is considered to be the biggest cause of obesity as fructose easily converts into fat inside your body. Consuming too much sugar can put too much pressure on your liver as it is responsible for converting fructose into fat. Large amounts of sugar are directly converted into fat, thus, putting you at a very high risk of becoming obese.
- Increases risks of contracting heart diseases: Consuming too much sugar throughout the day causes a hike in your insulin levels which can further affect your nervous system. An excess of sugar in your blood stream also causes your blood pressure to rise which makes you more likely to get a heart stroke. Thus, to avoid cardiac problems at a young age, you must cut down your sugar intake.
- Weakens immune system: Sugar is a major reason for inflammation which affects the central immune system adversely. With an excess intake of sugar, the body becomes less effective in dealing with infection and common cold because phagocytes (white blood cells) cannot do their job properly of engulfing dangerous bacteria. Thus, you should aim at boosting your immune system by cutting down on sugar completely.
- Sugar can make you age faster: The sugar content in your body creates molecules known as AGEs (Advanced glycation end products) which attack the fibres in elastin and collagen (the building blocks of the cells on your skin). A study also proved that consuming too much sugar can result in acne as the collagen in your skin weakens. Thus, to maintain youthful looking skin for longer, you should remove sugar from your diet completely.
- Sugar can be addictive: Most people who consume too much sugar get addicted to it. According to a study, the addiction to sugar is very similar to addiction to tobacco and drugs. You might start craving sugar and depending on it to change your mood more often than required. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.