Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. U. Akkalkotkar
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. U. AkkalkotkarYour feedback matters!
I am 51 years, and have Heart patient. My Heart wave (one) size is 1.3 mm Doctors sujust for open heart operation and change the wave. Please advise.
I am 20 year old male and my heartbeat rate is very high sometimes and I get tired early. so, what to do.?
Sir I am in stress and tension so my brain is always in pain and stress. My blood pressure is always in high value. I fill pulse rate In my brain.
Most of the people say that since cashews has high calorie and high saturated fat it is bad for cholesterol and diabetes people. Your expert opinion please.
I am feel so hungry and also very sleepy is a sign of hiv I have tested CBC test and thyroid and the report is normal.
I am suffering from dry cough from last 10 days and when I cough more, I am suffering from chest pain. Pls suggest what I do.
I am a 44 year old woman suffering from pain in left chest proceeding thru my left chest to left underarms n back side. I consulted a doctor n he prescribed me medicines like BetacapTR40 n Derek D.I m also suffering from irregular pulse beat like 115 per minute or 119 beats. My bp is 130/81. I often feel dizziness n shortness of breath even at rest positions. I have done ECG n Echocardiogram n reports r normal. I do not have any other problems. I wanna know why r these problems cropping up n r these signs of heart problems?
Dear sir, From 1 year I am facing more acidity problem when I get up morning then come dirty water in mouth and sex erectile dysfunction, chest pain, up side free my body And any where push on the body then feel pain And my head hot /cold, not free feel and when round the neck more pain. I am taking medicines but not benefits. So please help. Me medicines. And best advice thanks.
You only have one heart, and it works for 24 hrs a day. It never sleeps, so you have to treat it right if you want to keep it pumping for years to come. For a healthy heart, you have to boost nutrition, flavor and color in your meals and snacks. A variety of fruits and vegetables are good for your heart. Always try to eat foods that are in their natural form, as they come from the ground.
Find out how these 10 foods may help lower your risk of heart disease.
1) Fresh Herbs like oregano, basil, rosemary and thyme are full of antioxidants. They are full of flavor and use them liberally to replace extra salt, oil and sugar in your food.
2) Red Wine: before you read on, a caution is that too much alcohol actually is bad for your heart. Sipping a unit of red wine a day may be good by giving you two very powerful antioxidants in restorative and catechist. These can help you to increase your HDL cholesterol while lowering your risk of damage to arterial walls and subsequent clot formation. However, alcohol may be a problem when you are already on aspirin or other medications. Check with your doctor first if you have had a history of heart disease.
3) Salmon: The american heart association calls it a super food and recommends at least two servings of salmon in a week. You can have it baked in a foil with herbs or add with veggies in your salad. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and helps to correct rhythm disorders of the heart and reduce triglycerides and blood pressure. These properties also hold good for tuna fish and one must choose canned tuna in water or brine instead of oil.
4) Extra Virgin Olive Oil: though any kind of extra oil is bad for your heart, if you need to take in some oil, then extra virgin olive oil has a lot of heart saving properties. Only one should not use it for frying or over heating the veggies. It is good when tossed over salads or used sparingly over boiled or cooked vegetables.
5) Walnuts: a handful of walnuts, say 50 grams a day are full of antioxidants and fiber. They reduce inflammation of the arteries and reduce cholesterol. However, they also have high calorie content so one must be careful about the quantities consumed.
6) Almonds: Almonds are full of plant sterols and reduce the blood ldl and are good for diabetics. One must eat them raw for full benefits as cooking or roasting them may kill some of their beneficial properties.
7) Tofu is a high source of soy protein and can be added to soups or marinated or sauteed with vegetables for its goodness. It has a lot of heart healthy minerals and polyunsaturated fats.
8) Sweet potato is a good substitute for white potatoes especially useful for people with diabetes and heart disease. It has a low glycemic index and prevents sharp rise in blood sugar after meals. One can bake it and sprinkle with cinnamon and lime juice to make it super effective.
9) Oranges have potassium and antioxidants to lower the blood pressure and improve the vessel wall function.
10) Carrots are full of fiber and are one of the top heart saving foods by controlling cholesterol. Add them liberally in your salad or munch them raw for their power packed action.